Sign in to follow this  
dskviator

Unable to climb (nose down att)

I was trying to depart OMDB -> VHHH with the following load, (pic below) (all in lbs). That's ramp, so GW was about 460.0 at T/O. The acft climbs upto 4000ft with lots of power, but loses power after it. I have tried it with ASN on network , on local, FS Real WX Lite and even default FSX weather. I have tried almost 10 times without much climbing thru more than 9000ft. Acft doesn't accelerate beyond 220kts and attains a nose down attitude. I have had this problem previously with NGX, but for the love of God can't figure out what I did to fix it. I tried setting throttles through FSUIPC, that's my default, but I also tried removing it to add it to default FSX Controls. The EICAS shows engine at 99% power, but it won't climb or accelerate beyond 220 or there abouts.

Any suggestions recommendations or even a point to a "look here" thread most appreciated. In my defense, I did try searching for it, most likely search criteria didn't match (assuming this has been answered b4).

Cheers!!

PS (does anybody get the on taxiway message from RAAS when on 30L?)

post-177028-0-30035700-1388821490.jpg

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

What is your throttle override set to?

Aamir Thacker

If you search for recent posts here by me you'll see I had this same issue as you.  I was using Windows 8.1 for my simulator for a while but had the issue where my controls were constantly disconnecting.  As a consequence I set all my controls to run through FSUIPC and this problem surfaced.  I believe it's something to do with the way the PMDG 777 sets the flaps and the FSUIPC input and this do not correlate so you get a funny flaps setting (despite not being able to see any indications or flaps set on the external view).  I found no solution to the controls disappearing in Windows 8.1 so I had to switch back to Windows 7 for my simulator, I now dual boot to Windows 7 and all my main controls go through FSX rather than FSUIPC (apart from some button presses etc.), as a result of that setup this issue went away.

Look up my post called "More problems with T7 climbing performance poor".. you'll see it's exactly the same.

This is definitely an issue with your FSUIPC setup.  If you are using Windows 7, try taking FSUIPC completely out the equation for your controls, I'll bet that stops this problem.

Cheers

Craig

Craig Read, EGLL

I have no issues with 8.1 after re-installing with no FSUIPC.

I am not sure what the throttle override is, so I won't be able to tell you what that would be.

Craig, I too believe it is being caused by FSUIPC but even when I tried with fsx controls it still had issues. I will check your post and try this again with direct mapping. I use a custom throttle and FSUIPC was recommended, anyways.

Funny thing is, only the previous day I made a successful flight from LSGG-OMDB without any issues...so I am really puzzled...oh well.

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

Backup your FSUIPC.ini, delete it, let it rebuild and then paste the stuff you want back in (custom controls or so). It has a habit of getting a bit corrupted and this should help. (if it does not, try flying before pasting stuff back in)

At least try to activate your flight directors.

As seen on your PFD (left on your screen-shot) none of flight director, vnav or lnav is engaged.

Also a screen-shot from your eicas showing the air temperature could be helpful.

Rgr, will try deleting fsuipc.ini.

FD was off because at that point I was trying to manually fly the plane, as I was all out of options, good eye though. Temp was pretty normal, that's what I first checked. Besides, a test flight in KSFO region also came up with the same results.

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot

A takeoff COG of 38% is outside operational limits is it not?

that's what I also wanted to know. PFPX showed under weight, but I didn't understand it at that time. But acft frequently make empty flights, I don't think they fill it with fuel for balancing weight. There is a video in these forum showing a really short take off run in the T7, such things are possible only with light weight isn't it.

I did want to know if the CG was responsible for the nose down attitude though, that's why I posted that pic

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot

Backup your FSUIPC.ini, delete it, let it rebuild and then paste the stuff you want back in (custom controls or so). It has a habit of getting a bit corrupted and this should help. (if it does not, try flying before pasting stuff back in)

That just did it. I updated FSUIPC to the latest while at it. I just have to figure out what else was on FSUIPC, mostly throttle settings, which I will happily put them back as and when I fly the acft. Thank you very much for the fix.

Cheers.

PS. How does one add the resolved badge?

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot