Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MarkSC

Upcoming V2 Releases

What can we look forward to in the near term? Obviously, the 0.5 update from LM, but what else? I'm awaiting these:

1. FSGRW

2. Orbx port over of PNW and other regions

3. FTX Northern California and Europe LC

4. Ideal Flight (new version being released any day now for FSX, but P3D version in the works--come on Steve!)

5. SimAir (will it ever be released?) and Air Hauler v2

Number one for me will be the ActiveSkyNext release for P3Dv2. I love it (understatement) in FSX, I am sure it will be heaven in P3D when combined with the volumetric clouds and fog...

Secondly the PMDG NGX for P3Dv2, if only because I am very curious to learn how much PMDG will charge for something which is essentially the same product as I already have (and paid for) for FSX.

Secondly the PMDG NGX for P3Dv2, if only because I am very curious to learn how much PMDG will charge for something which is essentially the same product as I already have (and paid for) for FSX.

I think they will do everything possible to cash as they possibly can under that so called *professional* license, even though they and we know that tha majority uses it at home, for nothing else then pleasure.

Mostly Active sky next but MarkSC got me interested in Simair which is very interesting but it said nothing about P3D as fair I saw.

Definately looking forward to ASN for P3D and anything Orbx compatible with P3D.

1. FTX regions ports (and FTX Norway in the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!) 

2. ASN

Official support of A2A and RealAir for P3D v2 would be nice too but apparently that won't happen real soon.

2. ASN

Official support of A2A and RealAir for P3D v2 would be nice too but apparently that won't happen real soon.

My list is very similar to yours (and we both want an FTX region that covers our home area).

1.) Official support from A2A (which isn't likely to happen soon, but I won't purchase another A2A aircraft until they support P3D2).

2.) FTX Region: New England (I see no plans for this region, but I'm still hoping for it at some point)

3.) Active Sky Next

This for me too.

It will also be interesting to see what REX4's weather engine will be like... will they catch up with AS and OPUS?

1. All Aerosoft products are currently being converted over. We should see a flood coming down the pipe in the next few months.

2. News that Flight1 is on board (this should happen this year).

3. I would hope by the end of the year 95% of not 100% of all FSX add-ons will be officially P3D v2 compatible.

I'd love to see RealAir support too. Another one on my list is UTX for Europe and USA since FTX Vector seems to be having some issues.

What about a good business jet? Flight1 could bring over an updated Citation.  I never bought it for FSX, but would love to add it to P3D. Has any other developer announced a business jet project for P3D?

I'm looking forward to FSGRW and their new connection with Orbx might help the combination integrate well.

I believe Umberto over at Virtuali has also committed to P3DV2 support (not just compatibility) ... as of right now I've had to disable all their products because of VAS issues, g3d.dll crashes, and the introduction of stutters (but apparently it's just me).

As said above, PMDG will come on board.

But I expect most existing FSX developers to provide P3DV2 products/updates ... but I think the real interesting future will be those that go beyond just updating for P3DV2 and leverage what is new and good in P3DV2.  But I think several developers are waiting for 2.05 or 2.1 update before jumping in.

I thought I read that there may not be a 2.05 update now, and they may just go to 2.1 with multi-GPU support ... not sure if this means they made very good progress with bug fixes and had time to work on other features or if they just didn't want to go thru the hassle of having to deploy an interim patch/update?

I think enough of us have posted videos and screenshots to show P3DV2 initial visual potential that it's a good platform to invest in even with some of it's growing pains.

That's disappointing: two of the very best aircraft developers.  Have they given any reasons, as far as you know?  At least the A2A 172 and Cub seem to work ok as they are in P3D2... wish I could say the same about the RealAir Legacy.

That's disappointing: two of the very best aircraft developers.  Have they given any reasons, as far as you know?  At least the A2A 172 and Cub seem to work ok as they are in P3D2... wish I could say the same about the RealAir Legacy.

Realair lancair legacy works under p3d as far as I know.

Realair lancair legacy works under p3d as far as I know.

Yes, the legacy works great for me in P3Dv2. 

Yes, the legacy works great for me in P3Dv2. 

Many of the sounds don't work for me, eg gear and flaps, and I've seen others report the same problem.  Were you able to get them working?

It's not that a lot of stuff doesn't work, it's more to do with the legal stuff like licensing "EULA" is what is probably causing most of the delays to porting.

Many of the sounds don't work for me, eg gear and flaps, and I've seen others report the same problem.  Were you able to get them working?

Well, they work, but not nearly as distinct as FSX. No clicks are audible with switches, etc. I don't place too much importance on that stuff, rather the cockpit, gauges, flight model, textures.

Just did Identical flights from KSEZ to KFLG in both sims and other than the sounds I found little difference. Maybe I scrutinze less than I should!  

It's not that a lot of stuff doesn't work, it's more to do with the legal stuff like licensing "EULA" is what is probably causing most of the delays to porting.

<br /><br />Two of the largest and most respected 3rd party suppliers, Orbx and Aerosoft are moving full steam ahead at little to zero cost. Perhaps I am wrong, but the suppliers who are struggling most are based in the good old US of A.<br /><br /><br />Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk<br /><br />

UTX for P3DV2, which the dev is saying should be out soonish.  Once good ol' JV decided to state absolutely positively eliminate any future potential for a user interface in FTX Vector to control what classes of vector data are active I signed off the case.   Performance & visuals, both of paramount concern to all most all users, are completely out of the user's control in Vector.   I think his position has no customer-friendly justification, and just seems bizarre to leave out.   I suppose a viable explanation is that the actual developer built the product architecturally w/ complete disregard for this, and in doing so and so essentially eliminated this possibility w/o a complete re-write.   

I will be amazed if PMDG big iron performs well in P3DV2, but boy I'll be tickled if they do.    

Well, they work, but not nearly as distinct as FSX. No clicks are audible with switches, etc.

And so… they do NOT work LOL!  ^_^ I found the loss of various sounds too distracting and don't have the plane installed anymore. It wasn't my default plane anymore anyway so it's no big deal (because I always only fly in one plane) but I do hope RealAir will join the P3D v2 wagon sometime in the future.

And so… they do NOT work LOL! 

They do if the migrator software is active in 1.4.

Don't own 2.0 yet, so cannot verify if that's true within that environment.

Regards,

John

I'm waiting to see how PMDG handles that too. I love how the iFly 737 for P3D is $79.95 while the same aircraft for FSX is $54.95. No upgrade path. Want to see how it does in P3D? Buy it again.

Well, they work, but not nearly as distinct as FSX. No clicks are audible with switches, etc. I don't place too much importance on that stuff, rather the cockpit, gauges, flight model, textures.

Just did Identical flights from KSEZ to KFLG in both sims and other than the sounds I found little difference. Maybe I scrutinze less than I should!

off topic, but I'm curious... Do you live in northern AZ? I've done that flight in real life several times. Love it!

off topic, but I'm curious... Do you live in northern AZ? I've done that flight in real life several times. Love it!

I live in Vermont but have visited several times, love it also, and have a friend visiting out there now sending me pics and videos. She did the helicopter tour out of Sedona... :-).