Sign in to follow this  
LarryImler

quick question on FS Global 2010 FTX Compatible

So where can I order the complete FS Global Ultimate series from?

Yeah, it's ridiculously confusing ... quote from the site:

If you use FSX the answer is more complex. The first question you have to answer yourself is: "Do I want worldwide coverage or continents only?" If you want continents only, go for the FS Global Ultimate series and pick the one, which contains the continent(s) of your choice. If you want worldwide coverage  (every square mile!), you have to answer another question: "Should the scenery be in high or higher resolution?" If you want high resolution, you need FS Global 2010 plus FS Global Ultimate - The Americas. This is because FS Global 2010 does not cover Canada. Thus you need The Americas. If you want highest possible resolution, you need the complete FS Global Ultimate series.

As I understand this, FS Global 2010 and FS Global 2010 FTX edition (FSX and P3D installs both included Canada) include high resolution mesh.  If you want higher resolutions mesh, then you need to select the individual continent areas ... these are the individual "Ultimate" purchases ... Asia/Oceania, The Americas, Europe/Africa.  There is no single "Ultimate" collection, you have to buy the individuals.  So essentially you need to buy 4 products (if you want best global coverage with a mix of high and higher resolution), the base, and then the Ultimates ... the base comes in two flavors ... FS Global 2010 or the FS Global 2010 FTX Edition (FTX edition being adjusted to work with Orbx products).

Now if someone could post screenshots of the same location using just FS Global 2010 (base) vs. FS Global 2010 base plus one of the Ultimates, that would be very helpful.

Rob

EDIT: the base is not "required" if you just want a single higher resolution continent an Ultimate continent like The Americas (no global coverage).  How the Ultimate areas work with Orbx I don't know, I'm guessing they aren't adjusted for Orbx products??

P.S.  ... the "Start shopping" link doesn't work either: ERR022: There is no product with the given id!

Rob, thank you for helping, I got fs global to unzip and install, I guess. It was the weirdest install I ever had to do couse it didn't ask me where to install it just asked me what drive letter I wanted to install too.

When I open the configurator it gives me an error saying they cannot find terrain.config, and the configurator wont let me do anything, but when I look into the add-on scenery in P3Dv2 I See fs global folders in there so I'm guessing it actually installed okay, don't know how cause I never told the installer were to install the scenery. I guess we'll see after a few hours of flying

Thanks again

Lar

FS Global / ftx vector info elsewhere is confusing..

If you already have FS Global 2010 (not the ftx compatible one), do you need to buy FS Global 2010 FTX compatible one to make it work with FTX Global Vector (and Ftx global)?

I'm guessing yes?  No one seemed to directly answer this one..

Also.. is it correct that FTX Vector requires FS Global 2010 (ftx compat one, not the old 2010 v1?)

Thanks

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Sorry guys do not understand anything, very confused.... :(

1) FS Global Ultimate series is the last series and is compatible with FTX Vector? do I need either FS Global 2010 FTX compatible or not?

2) FS Global 2010 FTX compatible is mandatory if you have Ultimate series if you have FTX Vector?

thanks for help

Edited by riccardo74

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I am also extremely confused by this topic but I did find this from the readme.txt of FTX Global Vector:

The layers:

1) First you will need a 3D wireframe, the mesh. FS Global 2010 or Ultimate series are recommended, as we do all the testing and developing on these. Other meshes may/will work as well, but it depends on how they were derived. Even the same source data can result in a different mesh. Though it is no technical requirement, Vector will look odd in some areas when you use the sims (FSX/P3D) default mesh. We strongly recommend to use FS Global 2010 or Ultimate.

2) Second you will need a landclass layer. This layer defines city, woods, ocean, etc. ORBX will have them ready one by one coming soon. For the time being you can use what you have installed or your sim has as a default.

3) Third you will need these landclass data filled with textures, so that actually a picture is created. Use ORBX FTX Global for this. FTX Global is a REQUIREMENT for the use of Vector as it uses textures from there. So you MUST have FTX Global (at LEAST V1.2) installed.

4) Forth you will need this picture be more detailed by adding VECTOR data, such a lakes, shorelines, streets, highways, train lines, power lines, etc, etc … This is done by FS Global (FTX) Vector.   

These four layers will completely replace the FSX default world in much better detail using the most modern data available. A whole new FS world. On top of this world you can place all your detailed add-on airports and scenery. Of course some of them may need amendment since the world below them may have changed. But this is nothing new. It happens in most cases once a new sim is released. 

Hope that helps :)

Thank you very much, very exhaustive.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I am also extremely confused by this topic but I did find this from the readme.txt of FTX Global Vector:

The layers:

1) First you will need a 3D wireframe, the mesh. FS Global 2010 or Ultimate series are recommended, as we do all the testing and developing on these. Other meshes may/will work as well, but it depends on how they were derived. Even the same source data can result in a different mesh. Though it is no technical requirement, Vector will look odd in some areas when you use the sims (FSX/P3D) default mesh. We strongly recommend to use FS Global 2010 or Ultimate.

2) Second you will need a landclass layer. This layer defines city, woods, ocean, etc. ORBX will have them ready one by one coming soon. For the time being you can use what you have installed or your sim has as a default.

3) Third you will need these landclass data filled with textures, so that actually a picture is created. Use ORBX FTX Global for this. FTX Global is a REQUIREMENT for the use of Vector as it uses textures from there. So you MUST have FTX Global (at LEAST V1.2) installed.

4) Forth you will need this picture be more detailed by adding VECTOR data, such a lakes, shorelines, streets, highways, train lines, power lines, etc, etc … This is done by FS Global (FTX) Vector.   

These four layers will completely replace the FSX default world in much better detail using the most modern data available. A whole new FS world. On top of this world you can place all your detailed add-on airports and scenery. Of course some of them may need amendment since the world below them may have changed. But this is nothing new. It happens in most cases once a new sim is released. 

I installed FS Global Ultimate yesterday and I don't see any difference in my sim, and I wonder if it has anything to do with my settings or the order of scenery. FS Global is beneath every FTX related scenery in my library, including Vector. I can clearly see small cities and fields being "cut" directly off around some airports, and I was hoping I could solve this by acquiring FS Global. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Which FSglobal area did you install? If you have FSglobal america and flying over Japan there would be no difference.

The layers:

Thanks, great summary, just one question I still have unanswered; if I had FTXG and FTXG:Vector can I still install the standard issue FS Global 2010 and Ultimate Packages under that? In other words how necessary is the FTX compatible version of FS Global for it to work with FTXG:Vector?

The layers:

What is 2) landclass layer? Do you have example? Why you think ORBX would make that layer?

Thanks, great summary, just one question I still have unanswered; if I had FTXG and FTXG:Vector can I still install the standard issue FS Global 2010 and Ultimate Packages under that? In other words how necessary is the FTX compatible version of FS Global for it to work with FTXG:Vector?

It's not really required, it's just a downloadable version of FSGlobal 2010 and is the mesh product that the ORBX developers are using for testing Global.  I was originally using FSGenesis mesh and there were no issues.  Worst case you might have a slightly more pronounced airport plateau or something.

What is 2) landclass layer? Do you have example? Why you think ORBX would make that layer?

Landclass tells the sim what kind of texture to put where.  ORBX already has started making a product to cover that layer, they have already released a Europe one.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

I have FTX Global and FTX Vector. As Rob said earlier, I'd be very interested to see some before and after screenshots to illustrate the difference if possible?

The extra add-ons sound very tempting, but all I can think of is OOMs (and lots of them). Has anyone noticed anything is respect of this?

cheers

Ian

Ian S

38.jpg

It's not really required, it's just a downloadable version of FSGlobal 2010 and is the mesh product that the ORBX developers are using for testing Global. I was originally using FSGenesis mesh and there were no issues. Worst case you might have a slightly more pronounced airport plateau or something.

Awesome! Thanks for clearing that up, I thought they might've meant the new version, just wanted to be sure.

Landclass tells the sim what kind of texture to put where. ORBX already has started making a product to cover that layer, they have already released a Europe one.

And ORBX regions already have mesh and landclass? So FS Global is only really usable outside regions?

And ORBX regions already have mesh and landclass? So FS Global is only really usable outside regions?

Yes, but ORBX regions only cover a small part of the world Pilot's FSGlobal mesh covers the entire world with the FSGlobal 2010 and FTX editions or via 3 separate products with the Ultimate series.  Obviously if you only fly in full ORBX regions there's no need for a separate landclass product, but if you fly outside them you might want to have mesh for more detail.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro