Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

N993CA Duke v2 Repaint

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The AVSIM Screen Shots Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

The phantom thread mover strikes again! :rolleyes:

Ryan, I did about three Reno racers but that wasn't one of them. I did the owner of N34XX's brothers plane N913MP. between them they held the record for the fastest trans America dual flight in whatever class it was.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

yes it does grrrr

Well I finished it - and then just saved the alpha from the other 508db paint kit....

So the checkerboard isn't perfect but after the embarrassing amount time I spent on them I'm totally happy with the looks of it.  I even added a interior reg plate (with night textures I didn't forget!)  I'll upload it just to say I did!  And it's all thanks to you Ron - without your help and I would have never gotten this far.... and thanks to Wayne for making me reinvest in attempting to paint hehe!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Very nice work on the panel, you've nailed it! No thanks to me, it was true grit that got you through. B)  The burning question is, are you now motivated to do another one? One with swoopy lines down the side. ^_^

For anyone still following this thread now that it has been banished to the hinterland by The BOT, the repaint of Duke V2 N993CA has been sent to the library.

Very nice work on the panel, you've nailed it! No thanks to me, it was true grit that got you through. B)  The burning question is, are you now motivated to do another one? One with swoopy lines down the side. ^_^

Swoopy lines... ugh...  I've gotta learn the tools better I've noticed.  I know what I want to do but I can't figure out that pen tool very well...  off to YT for some tutorials!

Thanks Wayne it looks perfect!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I can't figure out that pen tool very well...

You are not alone. I've tried several times and given up each time. I use the lasso doohickey. Make an approximate line, then chip away at it. Laborious but, it gets the job done.  

Nice.

Assume you spotted the tail U.S flags orientation.

As far as I can see, it is exactly the same as on the real world aircraft...

If you care to look at a number of US-registered aircraft on, say, airliners.net, you will see this orientation of the US flag... stars top left on left side, stars top right on right side...

A

For anyone still following this thread now that it has been banished to the hinterland by The BOT, the repaint of Duke V2 N993CA has been sent to the library.

Great!

Thank You very, very much!

Going to check it out as soon as possible!

If you care to look at a number of US-registered aircraft on, say, airliners.net, you will see this orientation of the US flag... stars top left on left side, stars top right on right side...

Yep. Normally.... ^_^  

Look at picture from January 2006 of red and white N20CG on airliners.net.

Incorrect files were included in the 'B60_V2_N993CA.zip'.  'RASDuke_VC5.dds' and 'RASDuke_VC5_Spec.dds' changed the panel screw heads to matte black, but other panel parts were corrupted in the process. Murphy's Law wins again!  I suggest removing those two dds files from 'Texture.N993CA' and letting the originals in 'Texture.Panel_Grey' get called up. If corrected versions with black screws are desired, contact the author at the address in the N993CA readme. My apologies to all for this.

Wayne S