Sign in to follow this  
Farlis

Season's in New Zealand

Hi, This is annoying me so I might as well ask, why is January Summer in new Zealand in FS? I want to do a flight, but apparently the seasons are backwards, when I pick Winter, it takes me back to August. Is there a fix for this?Thanks,Jeff USAF

Simple: it is now summer here in New Zealand. It's always been summer in January as long as I can remember, and hopefully always will be. (I'm always amused by this rather US-centric view of the world:)

I can`t quite tell if that question was a joke, or serious. As far is I can tell, being a pommie migrant to NZ, Wellington only has one season, the rainy season! Sadly, there is no fix available, short of building bigger stopbanks..CheersLungs

Guest panda234

The seasons are reversed in the southern hemisphere. Or here, depending on your perspective, hehe. My sister lives in Adelaide, South Australia, and it's been over 40 Centigrade--well over 100F--for the past few weeks. billg

Guest GCBarni

At the risk of falling for some kind of hoax, I'm going out on a limb here and make the following suggestion: click on Options/Settings/International and alter the Latitude and Longitude values as though you were living in the Southern Hemisphere.

Guest Paul Heaney

If this isn't a joke, I find it pretty funny.

Guest jaapverduijn

"(...) Please for the love of humanity tell me that was a joke! (...)"I don't think it is. The man is an American, and probably dead serious on an issue he doesn't have the faintest clue about. But joke or not: it sure is hilariously funny (wide and wicked grin)!Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

Cut the Ami's some slack. They are not the undereducated dummies, the world likes to see them as.But this could be a contestant for the the Darwin award. :-lol

While America won't pick up the combined intelligence award, the rest of the world sure isn't full of Einstein's...

Guest jaapverduijn

"(...) this could be a contestant for the the Darwin award (...)"We have a winner! For heaven's sake: the man "Flies on AWACS"! Probably only domestic flights (wide and wicked grin)!Jaap Verduijn.

Im ashamed to call myself an air force member now LMAOcommon man...just ask somone before you post LOLGary HayesLevel-D Simulations Development TeamNo im not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.P4 3.0ghz w/HT & FSB..GeForce FX 5900 ultra 256MB..1 gig PC3200 DDR RAM..Sound Blaster Audigy w/5.1 THX

Seems to me that once upon a time most Europeans thought the world was flat...Though I do know of one guy I met who thought the "Far East" was Savannah Ga.Eric

actually thats just a silly myth invented by the pro-Columbus people who didn't want to dwell on what he actually did in his travels

Guest GCBarni

"Is there a fix for this?"Probably not.....nor is there a solution for their sink water draining counter-clockwise.

I know I should just let this go. But I can't.I am sure everyone in Amersterdam, Berlin, Mumbai, and Wellington are at home splitting the atom as we speak.Do you really want to contend that all americans are so stupid that they don't know the seasons are different in the southern hemisphere just because one man does not?Are you just rude or are you that ignorant.From another dumb americanHarry Gentilozzi

Yeah, a bit unfair, I've always assumed that this type of thing falls into the don't-need-to-know category in the US.But I do feel a bit safer knowing that the US would never invade us in the southern hemisphere -- too much explaining to do:)

Guest jaapverduijn

"(...) I am sure everyone in Amersterdam, Berlin, Mumbai, and Wellington are at home splitting the atom as we speak (...)"Harry, I didn't know you cared! I just finished mine, dividing it into two hemispheres: a northern and a southern one. Unfortunately (those things are SMALL!) I mixed them up during handling, and now I don't know which is which. Well, overnight it will sort itself out: I'll put them next to each other on the window-sill, and tomorrow I'll see which of them is frozen. That would be the northern half then. Or the southern? Darn, now you got me confused (grin)!Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

Take me for instance. New Zealand is my birth country, and I now live in the US as a US citizen. Seriously though, this must be a joke, no-one could be that unknowing and be old enough to fly, surely!I should print this out and send to me folks back in NZ :)Bruce.

There are a lot of kids who enjoy this hobby actually. I think I saw a poll once that showed the average. I dont remember what it was, but it was younger than I thought it was by reading here normally.Yes, a bit naive, but so what. Im sure he is now oh so much brighter for this lesson.Next thing you guys will be telling me there is no Santa Claus or Easter Bunny. And EVERYBODY KNOWS....Hobbits are in New Zealand. (wheres that again?)..oh yeah...go south to Chile and turn right.Eric

Alright I think that's enough :) but anyway, I figured it out on my own after some deep thought, it is hard to believe that the seasons are actually reversed, I honestly have never heard of that before, I do know it's always hot around the equator, but I thought that all places had the same four seasons at the same time.BTW:I'm 22Yes I am an AWACS airborne surveillance tech.I've only been to Canada and Mexico as far as outside the USI have a pilot's license, currently working on instrument, no I'm not dumb, just unaware of that fact.So all places in the southern hemisphere it is currently in Summer?And let's not talk bad about American's, I could say something about any country, but I refuse to be rude and ignorant.Jeff USAF

>I honestly have never heard of that before, I do know it's always hot around the equator, but I thought that all places had the same four seasons at the same time.Now you made your geography teacher cry!Here is a link that explains how it works and why the seasons are reversed.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasons