Sign in to follow this  
MarkRey

MH370

The difference is simple....My iPhone costs me $500 and it has a simple app that allows me to locate it, and yes that app has limitations but then again the phone cost only $500, so as the owner I am not really worried about it.

A Boeing 777 costs $300 Million, and to this day still has limited Data Links which is becoming apparent since no one can find this one with 227 passengers and 12 crew on board.

Sorry I had to spell this out for yea but there is a saying.....Doesn't take Rocket Appliances to figure it out :rolleyes:

You could put a million dollars worth of cellphone technology aboard a plane and it still won't help you find it. There are no cell towers in the ocean.

There are extensive datalinks aboard the plane. They're just not designed for this particular situation.

You could put a million dollars worth of cellphone technology aboard a plane and it still won't help you find it. There are no cell towers in the ocean.

It has nothing to do with cell phones.....The data being recorded to the Black Box and Voice Recorders could also be transmitted to a satellite data link that goes directly to the owner of the aircraft.

Where you getting Cellphones From???? one has nothing to do with the other. Sorry I had to spell this out for you

Yeah Matthew,

I would say insurance companies are going to start pushing up their premiums. Like an alarm system for a car. No alarm? Higher cost!

Yep - pretty much. 

Matthew Kane

It has nothing to do with cell phones.....The data being recorded to the Black Box and Voice Recorders could also be transmitted to a satellite data link that goes directly to the owner of the aircraft.

Where you getting Cellphones From???? one has nothing to do with the other. Sorry I had to spell this out for you

You. You and your comments about the iphone. The iphone is a cellphone. Sorry, had to spell that out for you.

You. You and your comments about the iphone. The iphone is a cellphone. Sorry, had to spell that out for you.

What I said was:

My iPhone can be found when I lost it with a simple 'Find iPhone' app. But we can't find a $300 million dollar airliner?

It's called Irony...notice the 'BUT' in there, when I said 'But' that is when one had nothing do to with the other. 

Ironic that I can find my missing iPhone but Malaysian Airlines can't find their 300 million dollar aircraft.

Goes to show someone really knew what they were doing to evade the systems.

Matthew Kane

If it were a hijacking  than they would be flying very low  to avoid  the ground tracking radar of  the military of  which country they were crossing at the time, so one wonders if  the Malaysian military were in tracking it  in the first place  which they now  deny.  This disappearance is going to be  the biggest mystery of  all plane disasters.   

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

What I said was:

It's called Irony...notice the 'BUT' in there, when I said 'But' that is when one had nothing do to with the other.

Ironic that I can find my missing iPhone but Malaysian Airlines can't find their 300 million dollar aircraft.

Goes to show someone really knew what they were doing to evade the systems.

No, that didn't read like you were trying to make an 'irony', but rather a comparison. Irony is when you have ten thousand spoons but all you need is a knife.

Irony is when you have ten thousand spoons but all you need is a knife.

Ah, I see you've played Knifey-Spoony before!  :lol:

Matthew Kane

If it were a hijacking  than they would be flying very low  to avoid  the ground tracking radar of  the military of  which country they were crossing at the time, so one wonders if  the Malaysian military were in tracking it  in the first place  which they now  deny.  This disappearance is going to be  the biggest mystery of  all plane disasters.   

As far as I know the aircraft has disappeared. There is no disaster yet, no confirmation.

Does anyone know what cargo was onboard?  Have also been wondering about the chances of rapid decompression, crew supply lasts much longer then pax supply.  It is possible that the crew lasted long enough to ditch the aircraft intact, no life rafts because everyone in the back was unconscious, aircraft sinks & no wreckage to be found

The whole thing is very bizzare, it must be horrible for the family's not knowing the truth.

Rob Prest

The government officials have stated in a press conference 5 hours ago that they have reason to believe it has been hijacked, and are withdrawing SAR assets from the South China Sea and moving them to the Indian Ocean. 

It would also be helpful for the company to see things like when a jet is off course or something as it is real time information.

FlightRadar24 was doing a good job of that until the transponder was turned off and it seems to keep 30 days' worth of playbacks. It would be easy enough to have a transponder which remains on all the time but how difficult would it be to have a system like FR24 but with more complete coverage?

Dugald Walker

FlightRadar24 was doing a good job of that until the transponder was turned off and it seems to keep 30 days' worth of playbacks. It would be easy enough to have a transponder which remains on all the time but how difficult would it be to have a system like FR24 but with more complete coverage?

FR24 only works in areas of radar coverage, and even if there was a transponder that remained on at all times, you'd still need to be able as a pilot to disable it, be it only with a CB, but that still needs to be there so in event it starts sending erroneous data or overheating, it can be isolated.

To those that suggest aircraft should contineously send FDR data and CVR recordings via satlink I'd say that you don't have any idea the cost of such transmissions, even just recieving METAR and TAF data over ACARS for a single flight can cost in the region of €0.30, and that's just a few bytes of information, nevermind sending all the parameters for the flight over the link, it's make commercial flight economically unviable and only be used for 1 flight every 5 or so years that we can't locate? Certainly not worth it and adds nothing to the safety of aircraft.

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Not necessarily- does Myanmar (ex Burma) have military radar? At night? 

Fly north over Myanmar from the Andaman Sea and you reach Tibet, then western China and home of the Uighur terrorists who are fighting to break away from Beijing.

Same ones who very recently used swords & knives to slaughter 29 civilians in a Kunming subway station.

(Xinjiang Province is approx same distance as original Beijing destination so fuel is no problem.)

The terrorism possibilities are scary. If something like this proves correct, then deceptive media stories are all we'll hear - until some military intervention occurs.

In the meantime, expect many nonsensical press leaks -  to confuse the opposition!

january

One of the 'data points' investigators are reported to be considering in looking at the pilots doesn't make sense imho. They say pilots may have diverted the flight (the initial left turn) then gotten on the intercom to 'calm the passengers' about the diversion.

Beyond the initial sensation, I doubt that many (if any) pax would notice that turn as there is no external reference over water at night and it probably never exceeded 20 or so degrees. For all they knew the flight was just proceeding normally.

Regards,

Mark

Just saw this...woh...

"An al-Qaeda supergrass told a court last week that four to five Malaysian men had been planning to take control of a plane, using a bomb hidden in a shoe to blow open the cockpit door."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10700652/Malaysia-Airline-MH370-911-style-terror-allegations-resurface-in-case-of-lost-plane.html

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM