Sign in to follow this  
Aircraftfreak1

HELP! Majestic q400 Outside Texture Issue!

I have just installed my Majestic q400 (Newly purchased). I installed it with my directX up to date, and with administrator rights.

Onece installation was complete, I opened FSX and selected the ACE (Air Canada Express) livery and noticed that something was very wrong. The texture was "see-through".

None of the physical hard Fuselage was showing and I could physically see through one side to the other. I could see the seats, and all the inside cabin features, and windows, but i non of the fuselage colour was there and non of the air canada express writing either. as well, none of the wings, or tail section was showing. But, the props were. I looked at other variations of the Q4 and they were the same.

I tried a fresh install, of the plane, but to no help.

I don't like this because the is pretty much 60$ ftp something that isn't what majestic said it was. My system has more that enough capability to run it. Has anyone else had this problem?!?!

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks Guys,

Cole

FSX with Acceleration?  If no Acceleration do you have SP1 and SP2 installed?  Possibly turning off aircraft shadows in your settings.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

suggest you go to the support forum and the developers will help you.  

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Yeah, please go to the support forum. Also, please (respectfully) don't make statements like "not what Majestic said it was".  It's just not accurate, it's disrespecfful.  I understand you're frusrated, but I'd rather you just write "I'm frustrated" than bashing one of the best and most devoted developers in flight simulation.

Go to the Majestic support forum and you'll get your issue worked out.

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

are you using ezdok? that sounds like what happens when you don't re-run the config tool after installing a new plane

cheers

-andy crosby

are you using ezdok? that sounds like what happens when you don't re-run the config tool after installing a new plane

cheers

-andy crosby

Yep, what I was going to say. At any rate I've emailed their tech support before they are pretty good at replying.

So I have talked to majestic support and thy have told me to clear up shader cache. So I did an when I start fsx I get a black screen where you can view the airplane before you start the flight and when I click "details" on all my planes in the selection menu. As well when I start the flight I get a black screen. I have read some forums and several people had the problem where fsx changed the fsx.cfg resolution causing some screen problems. So I will try going into the fsx.cfg and seeing if the resolution is changed.

Any other suggestions??

Thanks guys for all your help!

Cole

Regarding Highmem:

Perhaps the only tweak I recommend for all users is Highmemfix. Now in reality, this is less of a tweak and more of a general fix. In essence, this change to the fsx.cfg file allows FSX to better/properly handle texture addressing modes when using high levels of video memory. Users who experience texture loading problems including the dreaded black squares may benefit from this change, especially when using more sophisticated aircraft over longer flights. This tweak has also been known to help with disappearing objects in demanding video memory situations.

The reason I highly recommend this tweak is because there are no negative effects, at least from my personal experience. I have heard of users having the odd problem when using ENB, however, I have never experience this anomaly myself. In my opinion, the Highmemfix line should be added to everyone’s fsx.cfg file. Best case scenario you experience better texture loading and more stability in demanding video memory situations, worst case you notice nothing.

Highmemfix must be added manually to the fsx.cfg file as shown below:

[GRAPHICS]
HIGHMEMFIX=1

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Hi,

The outside and also VC textures of the Q400 can appear BLACK on older (32 bit)  systems 

This can be  solved completly by downsizing the outside textures  Q400ext1/2.bmp and also the VC textures Vcpanels.bmp and Q400vc1.bm .

(using Dxtbmp program either reduce  pixel size or simply transform to Dxt5 ).

see thread: 

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/vanilla/discussion/bookmark/1164/ESLG8OV81TIF?Target=discussion%2Fcomment%2F7054

Hope this  helps.

Guy