Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

Conference and X-Plane 10.30

Anyone going to the conference in München this weekend?

http://en.fskonferenz.de/

They'll be showing some upcoming features in 10.30. I'll be attending, and I'll report back here ;-). Would be great to meet some forum users there.

Tony

I would love to be there... but Angela doesn't let me :-/  She's ruining my real and virtual flying life :-/

Well, please make sure you let us know about the news, and how great 10.30 will look (?) :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Pity, it would have been great to have met you. I'm dragging my poor girlfriend with me (she agreed as it's my birthday  :Party: ) . I'm looking forward to seeing what's coming in 10.30 and also trying out the Oculus Rift (Which for some weird reason Facebook have bought).

I really hope 10.30 will be worth the wait, I haven't touched XP10 in over a month since I bought P3D 2.1, plus I have a very stable amazing FSX setup with a lot$$$ of addons running great.

I really hope 10.30 will be worth the wait, I haven't touched XP10 in over a month since I bought P3D 2.1, plus I have a very stable amazing FSX setup with a lot$$$ of addons running great.

Yeah, this forum has seemed a bit quiet. I expect many people are waiting to see what direction things are going to go in.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Interest in X-Plane seems to come in waves, the last one was around the time Skymaxx Pro and the Saab 340 was released. I'm sure we'll see a huge surge when the ixeg 737 or the unknown PMDG product appears

(she agreed as it's my birthday   )

Btw happy birthday ... the 29th huh? Same day as my little brother's  :Party:

Interest in X-Plane seems to come in waves, the last one was around the time Skymaxx Pro and the Saab 340 was released. I'm sure we'll see a huge surge when the ixeg 737 or the unknown PMDG product appears

Ah, you mean in 2018 then  ^_^

OK, quick report before I return for the afternoon:

1) There is a new GPS, and it's fantastic. It has SIDs, STARs, WAAS approaches and is updatable using Aerosoft's data. I had a chance to try it after the presentation, and people won't be disappointed. I'll post pictures later. If you have RealityXP then you'll know what to expect. I was very excited to see and have a go of this.

2) Oculus Rift support. Gave it a try, and felt sick after about 30 seconds, but WOW, incredible.

3) Increased draw distance (Which appeared on Ben's blog). 

Anyway, back to the conference :-)

It's a huge improvement over the previous version. GA fliers won't be disappointed.

There is a new GPS, and it's fantastic

Great news, I had hoped that Phillip was brought in to redo the GPS.