Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Does anyone know?

That just bring me to the limited user's forum DoubleJ,  I can get the support forum and latest news, but that's all.  When I click on Calendar or anything else I get the 'Sorry, you don't have permission to do that' message.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

I can get the support forum and latest news

What else do you need? Aren't product releases, screenshots etc open to you? Banning you from posting is one thing and you don't have a complaint about that. You can hand it out and take it! But if you're prevented from SEEING things that would very likely make you want to buy more stuff, seems a bit churlish to me. Come on John, you're not that daft surely? :wink:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

What else do you need? Aren't product releases, screenshots etc open to you? Banning you from posting is one thing and you don't have a complaint about that. You can hand it out and take it! But if you're prevented from SEEING things that would very likely make you want to buy more stuff, seems a bit churlish to me. Come on John, you're not that daft surely? :wink:

Actually, that's exactly what they do.  I was interested in getting some ORBX scenery but, until I had a purchase number to enter, the ORBX forum account I opened was barred from even viewing the forums that would have shown me things that would have pulled money from my wallet.  It's a ridiculous system they have over there.

I'm not sure that's right. You can register on the forum just like any other forum. You only need to show your order number if you want support for whatever payware it is you've got trouble with. I'd check again if I were you. Maybe you didn't cross a T or dot an I somewhere. :unsure:

Does this mean anything to you? http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/37835-validation-thread/

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

You can view ORBX preview threads and release announcements even without registering and/or validating and/or logging in.

Seems to be different for limited users, though (IP addresses?).

No Orbx preview threads or pictures for me.  I can check the new release announcements and the following three pages of the faithful mouthing the obligatory obeisances,

But non of the previews or anything else.

I think it is the IP addresses because after I was first banned I was using my wife's computer to get on the forum and reading but not posting.  Then I made the mistake of trying to get support using her computer and my order number.  That led John to think I was pirating.  But that got all straightened out.  However, now my wife is banned too.

Noel 

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Yeah, Ron, I was an Air Force first sergeant for almost ten years.  In a position like that ya gotta learn how to take it as well as dish it out.

Noel

I own FTX Global and Vector, but haven't posted anything on the forum of Orbx (yet)... Sounds like it's worse then North-Korea... Hope you're not encouraged to have the same haircut as the great leader ;-)

Oh well, I just posted another useless post. But I said what's on my mind, thank God we're allowed to do that (hope I didn't insulted the Christians now).

Relax, enjoy the spring and more important things in life.

Back on topic... I cannot wait for the EU landclass!

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

I'm not sure that's right. You can register on the forum just like any other forum. You only need to show your order number if you want support for whatever payware it is you've got trouble with. I'd check again if I were you. Maybe you didn't cross a T or dot an I somewhere. :unsure:

Does this mean anything to you? http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/37835-validation-thread/

Yes, I know about that.  Didn't help.

Once I created a forum account, I had zero read access to the forums (except that one public-facing one) on that account until I made a purchase and entered that information.

Well, Ron, it depends a lot on who you're ructioning. Some egos are quite sensitive and should be left alone.

I guess it's being atop such towering moral high ground that enables them to mount such a huge high horse...

I dare say they are fine folk, but they come across as pompous, vendictive and mean spirited.

Eugene

I dare to say ORBX, as a development group, are nice, laid-back, knowledgeable people who create amazing stuff and provide top-notch support.

Exceptions to this general statement have been discussed already - and he(!) doesn't seem to care about those discussions anyway ...

They do make great products and they do support them well.

Just don't try to talk to them before buying anything, don't offer any critical opinions after you do... and you'll be fine.

Here's the updated Product Roadmap from their official forums:

January 2014
  • NCA NORTHERN CALIFORNIA - Orbx Team
  • KHAF Half Moon Bay (for NCA) - Scott Armstrong
  • ENNK Narvik for FTXG - Tore Stranden
  • FTX GLOBAL openLC EU - Orbx Team
  • PAYA Yakutat Alaska - Alex Goff
  • EGKL Deanland Lewes - Ken Hall
  • EGPB Sumburgh - 29Palms

February - April 2014
  • FTX Global OpenLC North America
  • CYBW Springbank General Airport - Vlad Maly

• NOR FTX EU Norway - Orbx Team
  • KSQL San Carlos - Ed Correia
  • EGSC Manchester Cambridge - 29Palms
  • EGPD Aberdeen - 29Palms
  • NZAA Auckland - Orbx Team
  • LFMA Aix les Milles for FTXG - Cedric Bogros
  • openLC Asia
  • openLC Africa & Middle East
  • openLC South America
  • FTX Global V1.x updates
  • FTX Global Vector continual updates
  • One payware airport release per month for both regions and FTXG (average)

This roadmap is already outdated and in serious need of an update with more realistic release estimates.

While I'm a fan of ORBX and can't wait for their openLC products, I continue to be disappointed with their unrealistic, overly optimistic release estimates.

openLC Europe was supposed to be released months ago, and the most recent release estimate is April 2014.  I'm skeptical of this estimate because ORBX is only just beginning to show screenshots of openLC Europe, and thus far will only show Scandinavia, which implies that the many other areas of Europe aren't ready yet. 

I'll be surprised if openLC North America is ready before late Summer. 

I think that openLC has turned out to be a far more ambitious project than ORBX developers bargained for, and so they thought they could crank out huge areas of the world every few months. 

This may simply mean that ORBX has decided to "go all out" and make a lot more custom textures than they had originally planned, so it's just taking longer because they want the product to be the absolute best it can be.  I believe I read something to that effect on their forums recently.  If this is the case then I'm happy to wait longer. 

I just tire of being constantly disappointed by unrealistic and overly optimistic release estimates proffered by developers.  I'd rather them not say anything, or be more vague, e.g. "before the middle of the year".

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

I think your suggestion, "before the middle of the year" or "around Christmas time" are far more realistic than trying to schedule the month of release.  The last section just says 2014.

I am confused on their last statement.  "One payware release per month for both regions."  Since there are three regions, NA, EU, and OC I wonder which two they are referring to.   Or am I missing something here?

Noel

I am confused on their last statement.  "One payware release per month for both regions."  Since there are three regions, NA, EU, and OC I wonder which two they are referring to.   Or am I missing something here?

Noel

I think they meant to say one payware airport release per month for both FTX regions (OC, EU, US) and FTX Global.