Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

01APR14 - PMDG 777-200LR/F Feature Preview - WX RADAR

Will the WX be compatible with OPUS?

OPUS is now updating with a feature that would. And they are working with PMG

Lee,

Steven over at Opus has reached out to us for some initial conversation and to ask a few precursor questions, but I wouldn't say we are working together yet.  They are still working on their side and when they are ready for integration we will be here....

There are technological challenges that the weather engine makers have to overcome on their own- and once they have something that works we are happy to connect to their system- but since we are in the middle, we obviously cannot help anyone as we would be at risk of divulging information that doesn't belong to us- and we wouldn't do that to a fellow developer.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Lee,

Steven over at Opus has reached out to us for some initial conversation and to ask a few precursor questions, but I wouldn't say we are working together yet.  They are still working on their side and when they are ready for integration we will be here....

There are technological challenges that the weather engine makers have to overcome on their own- and once they have something that works we are happy to connect to their system- but since we are in the middle, we obviously cannot help anyone as we would be at risk of divulging information that doesn't belong to us- and we wouldn't do that to a fellow developer.

Very fair and diplomatic, Mr. Randazzo! I´m so happy to get the SP1 and -300ER expansion soon. I hope that the Beta test runs without any problem ;)

I must say, the 747-400v2 is going to be bloody marvellous when she comes out! TERR and WX will be fantastic.

Lee,

I stand corrected, sorry Robert  :blush:

Basically it's a whole new weather system, which has significantly improved from the old 2012 version. Just visit Hifi's website for all the details.

Speaking of weather engines and their capability to provide sufficient data for PMDG's weather radar: The makers of FSGRW have contacted PMDG several times regarding this particular topic, since they are able to provide all the data that is needed to power PMDG's weather engine. After various e-mails PMDG hasn't responded in a way where they could have had any cooperation with PILOT's and their FSGRW to support this particular weather engine.

I do hope that one day other sophisticated weather engines such as FSGRW, which in my opinion is superior to AS NEXT, will be supported by PMDG.

Agree, FSGRW is my fav just now.  Simply because it gets turbulence modelling very realistic, on short finals, the aircraft behavior is very believable, where as ASN seems to be more less fluid, more jerky movements, sometimes even porpoising the nose in an unrealisitic way.  I will certainly give ASN another chance to try out the weather radar. 

-Iain Watson-

since they are able to provide all the data that is needed to power PMDG's weather engine. After various e-mails PMDG hasn't responded in a way where they could have had any cooperation with PILOT's and their FSGRW to support this particular weather engine.

PMDG has a weather engine now?

They have a weather radar, that accepts data in a specified format (to be included in SDK? I suppose? Or on a need-to-know basis to specified devs maybe?).

One thing I am wondering, will the Weather Radar feature be included for the PMDG 777, 747v2 and 737NGX when they are released for Prepar3d Version 2.2 (which came out about 3 hours ago at the time I posted this). ASN is in beta for the P3DV2.2 http://www.hifitechinc.com/downloads.

Júnior Silva

Speaking of weather engines and their capability to provide sufficient data for PMDG's weather radar: The makers of FSGRW have contacted PMDG several times regarding this particular topic, since they are able to provide all the data that is needed to power PMDG's weather engine. After various e-mails PMDG hasn't responded in a way where they could have had any cooperation with PILOT's and their FSGRW to support this particular weather engine.

Just some clarification on this.

We at PILOT'S have contacted PMDG some estimated 6 months ago for supporting a weather radar for their 777 using our FS Global Real Weather. Unfortunately, despite several emails and using personal contacts we have not heard back and all emails remained unanswered.

For our customers we are of course interested in supporting the 777 and upcoming PMDG aircraft, but it will not work w/o talking to us. :-)

Stefan Schaefer
PILOT'S GesmbH
CEO
http://www.pilots.shop
pilots_logo.gif

Has anybody actually encountered a 'dangerous' storm in ASN yet?   I have flown through a lot of thunderstorms by mistake at night, was actually quite disappointing after reading all the hype about ASN.  

Genuine question, not trying to knock ASN.

Regards

Rob Prest