Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scandinavian13

PMDG Weather Radar with Networked ASN

Since a bunch of you have been asking, and I've been trying to answer, but so many of the questions are so buried in various threads:

YES!

ASN and the PMDG implementation of weather radar work properly when ASN is set up in a networked configuration.  I've had ActiveSky networked for a few years and kept it that way when I upgraded to ASN.  The weather radar function has been working just fine on my machine.

If anyone sees anyone ask the question, please link them back here, or simply advise them accordingly.

Kyle Rodgers

Someone should sticky this!  :biggrin:

Thoriq Kamaruszaman, Potato Flier :Cuppa:

READ THE MANUALS. 

Can this this be accomplished to display correctly on the ND? 

2014-1-3_22-52-44-860.jpg

Is this a serious question?

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/438427-01apr14-pmdg-777-200lrf-feature-preview-wx-radar/page-1

EDIT:

Just re-read my post and noticed it seemed a bit...mean...

I had assumed you'd seen the post I've linked to know that it's already being rendered on the ND (which is why I was wondering if you were being serious or not).  You may not have, though.

Kyle Rodgers

reread the post

Rob Prest

Apologies - I never saw the original post.  I only saw this one.  After you linked to the original post from Robert, now I understand.  This is amazing!

2014-1-3_22-52-44-860.jpg

Thanks for the conformation...  B)

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Someone should sticky this! :biggrin:

Not like it would make a difference.

Bryan Richards

"People depend so much on automation that they forget how to get the automation to work." B.W.

So Kyle, does this work when ASN is running on a different computer? What is a network configuration? Does this include my WiFi or 4G setup as well?

Just kidding offcourse :) but it wouldn't surprice me if it will be asked.

Best regards,

Stefan van Hierden

Thanks Kyle, great news

System: X-PLANE 11.40, P3D 4.5, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Corsair Spec Omega Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, EVGA 850+ Gold PSU,Win 10 Pro 64-bit, LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Logitech X56 Hotas Stick and Throttle, Logitech/Saitek Flight Yoke System, Multi, Radio, Switch Panels

Just kidding offcourse :) but it wouldn't surprice me if it will be asked.

haha - I started reading your post and I was like "are you kidding me???"

Good one!  You had me going there for a minute.

Kyle Rodgers

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

18%
    $4,640.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now