Sign in to follow this  
apollomaker

Questions For Early Phenom Pilots

Sorry.  That only comes with systems-deep models like the F1 Mustang, King Air and PMDG planes.  The pinup versions are also included with select A2A models.

Carenado only does the "light" versions, so you'll have to settle for this:

http://greatinspire.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/barbie.jpg

All in good fun,

Scott

Love it and its quite apt..

I do find what's-her-name in the J3 (how quickly they're forgotten!) quite hilarious, but my wife gets jealous when she giggles. OH well....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can I get a model of her for my plane? :)

Really enjoyed the video thank you. What a fantastic toy! :wub:  

Good grief - I've always known if you want to be sure to find ways NOT to enjoy anything, read a forum. But I appreciate those more experienced than I who just want it as realistic as possible. 

Just a big thanks to Bilbo and a few others who posted truly helpful info for us non-pilots, technicians etc who are using and enjoying the hell out of the Phenom. The info spared me a lot of time grasping the FADEC, FMC and FLCH, etc.

I'm never going to own this actual aircraft so for $40 I'm very happy to have what I think is a hugely fun example of it and having used Flight Sim since version 5, I haven't really found aircraft that look and behave better than Carenado. Then again, not a pilot.

Just added ForeFlight and FSWidgets etc for charts and mapping - makes this even more fun to tap in a quick Flight Plan on my iPad and fly it. Amazing what has become available for FS and X-Plane now. 

I will say the Phenom seems to take massive power to get rolling and is "lively" on the stick on approach but amazing low-speed handling. 

(Bilbo - I well recall Falcon 3.0 and mastering that original jumbo manual - good times! I had friends based at Shaw AFB then flying the real thing who came over just to grin and zoom it around. Longbow too. Outstanding. Thanks again!)

oneirish,

np! 

BTW I've changed my handle from FleetingThought, my defense of the Phenom precipitated a nervous breakdown and an identity crisis so here I am now, on my journey through the shires and out into the world to confront the Eye of Sauron...... :ph34r:  It's not because I'm a secret employee of Carenado's and Hugo Chavez's younger brother and had to hide from the Medellin cartel or anything like that.

For those of you terrified of my Soviet Union flag, also, fear not, I have a sense of humor and spy for no-one (of course how can you believe that from anyone who says it?! mwahahaha.....).  I just like the colors and shape, actually, that's all.  Stripes have always bothered me, I think I'll leap out of the hospital bed if I ever see a candy-striper when it comes to that (hopefully they'll all be beautiful and wear shades of pastel lavender by then)......

Anyways, all in good fun, I also respect the switch simulation addicts here, and the need to have full systems modeling, I can just forgive a $40 add-on for missing a beat or two and enjoy it immensely, unlike some.  We can't all be Roger Ebert and Gene Siskel! ;)

Wow, must've been cool to have access to Shaw, now the real fighter pilots are rare experts indeed!

Ok back to the planes!

BTW one more important tip I finally discovered in my frustration with all the nay-sayers: if spinning the green highlighted knobs doesn't do anything -- it gets intermittent sometimes -- this goes all the way back to the SR22 as well -- you can find + and - clickspots nearby, but you can ALSO -- phew! yay! -- click on the bezel near the knob (or sometimes it seems like somewhere on a static piece of the graphic on the dashboard nearby.....?) and the knob's functionality will come back.  Which is nice if you think your mouse is dying or something, no, it's not.

I think this is one of the many horrifying mysteries produced by the concept "which window is 'in focus'?" that goes all the way back to Windows 3.1.  Secretly, I fear, it's the one bug MS will never solve in Windows. Ever.  When a window (which can mean any element on a screen that is not part of what is defined as "a window") is clicked on, it "disables" access to the other "window" or "windows" -- for reasons, I'm sure -- but once you get into a visual environment where you need to have hierarchies of windows for different functionalities, well, things just go dead when you click on other things sometimes.  Be it graphic elements on-screen.... or joysticks behind the scenes, or even sound cards.

SIGH.

And now I must disappear and rest for awhile, to heal my carpal tunnel flight arm! Later!

MindStar G1000 is not decent?

NO it is not! It lacks terrain, it freezes if you try to FLY IFR with a flight plan already stored in MS, it has no TAWS no Annunciation it just you have to PAY to get real life Nav Data. It's just not worth the $49.95.

What isn't present is the ability to save/store flight plans and call them up from an onboard database; but that's quite minor; I'd just load that via FSX at start.

Thanks Steve for this info, actually created a post requesting info for loading previously saved flight plans without exiting fsx - and indeed the Carenado Phenom is a beauty.

I read all the comments (positive and negative). Personally I like the Phenom and don't care much for system depth. As long as I can get from point A to point B and enjoy the scenery, that's all that matters to me!

I haven't seen any issues, either. Nothing wrong with the FDE.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Steve can you pm me as it looks like I cant pm you - thanks

Rich Sennett