Sign in to follow this  
SpoonerFLIGHT

Go buy Prepar3D v2.2 It's Amazing!

Now that you're talking about other sims, I can say that Prepar3d is Mr. Stutter.

It comes from FSX. So, what did you expect?.

If you don't like stutters, or if you want to fly or if you want  a real simulator, just try X-Plane.

Now that you're talking about other sims, I can say that Prepar3d is Mr. Stutter.

If you don't like stutters, or if you want to fly or if you want  a real simulator, just try X-Plane.

Or maybe, just maybe........ it is something to do with your setup........ Just a suggestion... 

@Mark, thanks will check it out

Cheers

Rob Prest

My wife, who generally hates flight sim stuff, came over to the "cockpit" to watch as the lightning and clouds reflected on the water.

My kids, who usually think most things are lame, did not think P3D was lame.  Well, not totally lame.:)

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

My wife, who generally hates flight sim stuff, came over to the "cockpit" to watch as the lightning and clouds reflected on the water.  

you romantic :Love:  :LMAO:   my wife would come over bashing the keys on the keyboard until I crashed :lol:

I have. Now maybe you should try P3d.

I like X-Plane quite a bit, but comment like that are not really applicable here and do not add to the conversation.  Just starts more discourse.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

For those of us with GTX580's it's not so much fun :(

Why is that? I have a GTX 580 and have been considering buying P3D, and figured the GTX580 would be fine. It supports DX11, and my overclocked i7 runs at 4.6 GHz.

What should I expect?

... . A better graphic experience than fsx would provide on your same system , I'd suggest. Take it for a spin and if not, get a refund.

I am very close to pulling the trigger on P3D. Maybe some of you can give me some first hand experience regarding the FSX products I own, and how they will fare in P3D2.2.

I fly GA only. I own almost 100% of A2A, Carenado, Alabeo, Milviz, Sibwings and Flight Replicas libraries, and a handful of Aerosoft GA aircraft. I use Orbx/FTX scenery exclusively, FS Global 2010 mesh, REX4 and ASN. And finally - TrackIR5, EZdok, and all CH Products hardware.

I know most of these come with P3D installers. But will I have to ditch any of these when I move to P3D?

My trigger finger is very itchy right now.

I am very close to pulling the trigger on P3D. Maybe some of you can give me some first hand experience regarding the FSX products I own, and how they will fare in P3D2.2.

I fly GA only. I own almost 100% of A2A, Carenado, Alabeo, Milviz, Sibwings and Flight Replicas libraries, and a handful of Aerosoft GA aircraft. I use Orbx/FTX scenery exclusively, FS Global 2010 mesh, REX4 and ASN. And finally - TrackIR5, EZdok, and all CH Products hardware.

I know most of these come with P3D installers. But will I have to ditch any of these when I move to P3D?

A little perspective.  

For the products that migrate over to P3D, you will have a win because trust me, you will have a vastly better experience in P3D and it is something you have to experience.  Pics and youtube videos only give you a small glimpse compared to actually flying in it.  I have a ton of "WOW" moments flying in P3D, as do many others.  You will too.

For the products that don't migrate over (but I think all that you mentioned currently do or will in the future), you will have a neutral because things will still be able to use them in FSX.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I know this is not the specific question you are asking, but, for the type of flying you do, it's no contest, P3Dv2 will significantly enhance your experience.

No question about it, and it will give your 680 something to do  :lol:

Regards,

Brian Doney

I have FS Genesis mesh for FSX. Do you just point the installer to P3D or copy the bgl files manually?

Hey Jude, you're GTX580 will do just fine. It is still a fantastic card. Very important, did you install the latest NVidia beta driver 337.50? It was coded specifically for some performance improvements on series 500, 600 and 700 cards, and reading various forums it made quite a difference for some users. Remember to fully uninstall your existing driver, and after reboot do a CLEAN install (tick that option in the installer menu). Also, delete your P3D shader folder as usual before installing the new driver. Try it, and let us know.

For "albertodurero": Sir, you have been trolling some P3D forums with your continuous and irritating statements about X-Plane. Bear my straightforwardness, but it is people like you that really leaves a bad taste in the mouth about X-Plane, and its community's level of maturity. Why do you and some others always try to force X-Plane down our throats, when we CLEARLY are talking about PREPAR3D? A valid and applicable comment about X-Plane we appreciate now and then, but don't try to market the sim here with you general statements. I have been reading P3D forums daily, and there is always some X-Planer telling us we are on the wrong track, we are not scientific enough, we are missing the future of flight simming... Believe me Sir, MANY of us DO have X-Plane (like myself), and we DO believe that it is a viable sim as we ARE using it, but when we say we like P3D better, and that we believe it is the future, we actually MEAN it because we base our statements on experience. You clearly haven't tried P3D v2.2 have you? (If I have offended anybody else, my apologies) 

so is fsx,with the right tweaks.thanks but i stick with fsx until i see a 64 bit version og prepar3d

so is fsx,with the right tweaks.thanks but i stick with fsx until i see a 64 bit version og prepar3d

No it is not fsx. Yes it has all the tweaks needed for you to just fly, but it has a lot that fsx doesn't. Like HDR, volumetric fog, tessellation, shadows, and coded to use your hardware.

Sent from my Mobile thing