Sign in to follow this  
SpoonerFLIGHT

Go buy Prepar3D v2.2 It's Amazing!

Lol. FYI, I've seen it on a high end 780, not impressed

Lol. FYI, I've seen it on a high end 780, not impressed

Yet you hang around the P3D forum....  hmmm ok mate, think you got your point across  :rolleyes:

Rob Prest

quick question, can you still undock 2D panels to other monitors in P3D?  (FMC/radio stack etc?)

I tried it with Carenado's B200 and AXE. Works well on second screen without FPS impact...

I tried it with Carenado's B200 and AXE. Works well on second screen without FPS impact...

Nice, thanks for the info.

Cheers

Rob Prest

Just bare in mind that they can at anytime not make it available to us, private simmers :)

Best buy a copy now and your safe...keep it on the shelf for the time being...as I too am waiting for Aerosoft and PMDG to get sorted.

Can you explain this?

For those of us with GTX580's it's not so much fun :(

Mine runs it pretty well for what I do. Perhaps P3D likes a newer generation of processor?

Can you explain this?

Well as far as I am aware, Prepar3d is actually or was actually not intended for the end-consumer such as us the flight simmers. But seriously, lets not turn this into a conversation about EULA just because of my post that they "could" close the door at any time. The way I see and many others I am sure, this academic version right now is somewhat of a back-door...I am no lawyer though :rolleyes:

License Grant. Subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA, Licensor hereby grants Licensee a fully paid-up, nontransferable, nonexclusive license during the Term of this EULA to use the Software: (1) on a single computer, (2) by no more than one user at any one time, (3) in connection with Academic Education, (4) by students, instructors and staff associated with Licensee's Academic Education, and (5) in the Territory.

Definition of Academic Education:

"Academic Education" means education programs for elementary through undergraduate students in fundamental academic disciplines such as science, technology, engineering and math, including history and social sciences related thereto, but NOT in connection with professional training or certification of any kind, including, but not limited to, military training, emergency responder training, commercial flight training, private pilot training, air traffic control training, airport ground control/logistics training, driver training or nautical training.

Thanks Mike,

For sharing :rolleyes:

Agree looking at the specs it is way ahead re shadows etc, I do not care for Autogen..never have looks very cartoonish IMO! so maybe I will invest turn the AG off and then be able to have all shadowing I want!!

But until it runs airliners I cannot make that take that leap it is just not for me at this time, as soon as the AXE is up and running I will jump!

All the best

It runs complex airliners perfectly fine.  It's all I fly in my 737 pit  ;) 

I have a modest 3yr old PC running it with great performance.

What complex airliners? Pmdg Majestic AXE. Or fsx default?

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

What other sim?   :P

Probably that one from way back in 2006.

Which product version are most simmers using?  Is it the "academic license" version or something else?

Dom

and in what way is it so amazing

a more detailed description of what u r running on it , how many addons etc and how it performs etc  would be of more benefit to potential buyers rather than   just an oh its amazing :huh:

too many addons to list :lol:   there's a 60day money back guarantee.....just try it out.

I don't see where it's so "Amazing" either, Microsoft Flight looked better.

As someone who was enamored with the improvements Flight offered over FSX (and appalled by the regressions), no, no Flight did certainly did not look better than P3D 2.2.

Well as far as I am aware, Prepar3d is actually or was actually not intended for the end-consumer such as us the flight simmers. But seriously, lets not turn this into a conversation about EULA just because of my post that they "could" close the door at any time. The way I see and many others I am sure, this academic version right now is somewhat of a back-door...I am no lawyer though :rolleyes:

It is clearly intended for the end-consumer, or it would not be sold individually through a store on LM's website.  It was intended for institutional-use only (professional or academic institutions) it would be sold through channels targeted at them only.

If you are concerned that the terms of the Academic license may not apply to you, get the Professional license instead.  It's really that simple.