Sign in to follow this  
Airline2Sim

Question - would you like to see the 'original' flight deck tour?

Guys, one thing I have gained from the feedback so far is you guys seem to really like Josh. When we originally filmed the training, Josh and I did the flight deck tour together and he himself explained all the flight deck controls etc. This was chopped from the release version on timing grounds (it was two hours long) and also because my filming sucked. So we re-shot it with a voiceover giving a summary of what Josh said in the original, which was much shorter and to the point.

I'm now wondering whether you guys would like to see the original version? It's nothing like as slick and won't have all the animations and boxes pointing to things, but for those of you interested in the Q400, there is some stuff in there that was chopped for purposes of timing and brevity that you might find interesting. Think of it as an 'uncut' version. Give me your thoughts and I'll see if we can put it up there as a bonus feature.

• Upvote 4

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

+1

Yes of course - that'd be fantasic!

Thank You very much for suggesting!

Dunno guys on the timescale. It'll take a while to edit. Give me a week or two as it's full of bloopers and I'm sure you don't want to hear Josh and me laughing at the pushback tug driving through the marshaller, who somehow is still alive.

Dunno guys on the timescale. It'll take a while to edit. Give me a week or two as it's full of bloopers and I'm sure you don't want to hear Josh and me laughing at the pushback tug driving through the marshaller, who somehow is still alive.

Maybe in an Outtake Video :-)

Maybe in an Outtake Video :-)

We probably have another 9 hours of that. Mostly us swearing at FSX, or the whole flight we did where I forgot to press record, or the bounced landing I did at BHX, or the two hours we spent trying to get the flight plan figures identical to the ones generated by the control panel (you can't!).

Ben, if you and Josh can take the ribbing, I think an outtakes video would be awesomely funny! :) K

"..........Give me a week or two as it's full of bloopers and I'm sure you don't want to hear Josh and me laughing at the pushback tug driving through the marshaller, who somehow is still alive."

Oh yes we do!