Sign in to follow this  
Stormtrooper

Need to check out Freeware more often

Spent hundreds of dollars on FSX addons and aircraft only to fly any one aircraft around for a couple of circuits and never touch it again.

Most often it's not the developers fault just bad choice of aircraft type.

Such a waste.

It's called addiction:

You want to keep up the excitement, buy addons, but the simulation experience has already started to repeat itself.

So you start increasing the doses, buy even more addons, but the innvoations go hand in hand with the ever repeating standard stuff.

(...)

• To find out more about addiction, google "drugs".   :rolleyes:
  • To get cured ... get yourself a life.   :P
  • To not get cured ... just do what I have been doing - just don't care about your addiction and keep watching those preview threads and release announcements closely!!!   :lol:

Spent hundreds of dollars on FSX addons and aircraft only to fly any one aircraft around for a couple of circuits and never touch it again.

Most often it's not the developers fault just bad choice of aircraft type.

Such a waste.

Been there, done that, got the credit card receipts to prove it!  I get excited when developers announce a new aircraft, but I have learned to temper my enthusiasm until I can decide if it is an aircraft that actually suits my type of sim flying.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

My saving grace is my beautiful better half... "Honey did you buy some flightsim addons last month?"

Lol

If I get those words I know I need to watch how much I'm spending.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I finally narrowed it down to 2 planes; PMDG 777 and PMDG 737 NGX. They are both more then a handful, keeps me very busy. (sometimes I will dust off the Q400)

Airports;

• MK Studios KSNA (freeware),
  • Fly Tampa - TNCM, OMDB, VHHX, LOWW, and KTPA
  • Aerosoft -  EDDF, EDFH, EDDL, EDLP, EHAM, EFHK, LSZH, VRMM  and soon EDDB
  • UK2000 - EGKK and EGLL
  • FSDT - KLAX, KJFK, KLAS and KORD
  • Imagine Sim - KDEN
  • FlightBeam - KPHX, KSFO and soon KDEN
  • Shez - KONT and KPSP (freeware)

Addons;

• REX 4
  • ASN
  • OpusFSX (for the cameras, had it before ASN)
  • GEX
  • ASE
  • UT2
  • Scenery Tech
  • FSGenesis
  • UT (all)
  • FSUIPC4
  • FSRecorder
  • FRAPS

Very depressed when I look at what all I bought and shelved.

Very depressed when I look at what all I bought and shelved.

Yes I know what you mean.  About a third of my aircraft additions have been sent to the bit bucket.  Lately, I have been somewhat more selective and am having a better 'keep' ratio.

Happy Flying!

Some add ons do that to me.. after you buy them, you're like was that really worth it?

The addiction is strong though.. I owned FSX for years and didn't get hooked.. Then last August I got the Accusim B-17 add on (already owned the b-17 for year but only flew a couple times).. From there it was a downward spiral!

Rex 2 + Overdrive

EzDok

Ideal Flight

GEX America

UTX America

Orbx PNW and Rockies and various airports (few freebies too.. Orbx is awesome).

Flytampa KBOS

FSDT KJFK

Planes

Carenado 337, 182, Centurian 210

Real Air Duke Turbine, Legacy

Milviz B-55, C310R

PMDG 737 NGX

Alebeo Stagger Wing

Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended

and of course the A2A B-17

Kind of a scary run for only 8 months!.. Now I'm trying to be more careful.. research more, discuss with myself if I really need it?

Would like to get

ASN or OPUS

PFE or RC

More Orbx Airports

Rex 4

A2A 172

Flight1 B-200

and SSD drive

Saitek Yoke,Throttle and pedals..

ooooh I'm in so much trouble!