Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

Today's AOTD - Let's Cruise

Kind of neat to see this one. I was just there last year. Interesting place.  If you didn't get it before, now's your chance.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Sure, Rick, thanks, but what's your count now? Have you reached that magical number, 350? :lol:

Best regards.
Luis

Luis, I haven't been able to verify that there are in fact 350.  I have 349 and can't identify the supposedly missing #350. I'm still looking though.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I hear you Rick.  I'm sitting at 345 but I can't tell you what 5 I'm missing.

Where is the best place to see the ones you already have?

I seems that there is a file in your documents directory that contains thumbnails of all the caches. If you hover over the pic it tells you what date you collected it.  This is strictly from memory, and might not be exactly correct. I'll try it later today and see if I'm right.  Other than that, all I can do is go through my list that I was keeping when I posted the AOTD's when they recycled last year. This is pretty tedious though and I just haven't had time to do it.  I'm fairly confident that only 349 were released though as I collected every one that was released even when I was on vacation. I have yet to see someone's list that confirms 350.

There is a post here that lists all of them. You might want to search for it and compare it to the pics I mentioned before.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

Hi Folks

Rick -

The official MS published figure for available Aerocaches is 350.

The only source I've managed to find for a total available Aerocache's is -
If you join any multiplayer session,
then look at any other participating player's profile,
you'll see their earned versus total available AOTDs.

I know of at least 2 persons whose profiles indicate they've earned all 350 aerocaches.

What does your profile show at MS Flight's website Friends page ?

HTH
ATB
Paul

I still have 248. How was Sun 'n Fun rick? Looked like a good turn out.

Steve

In my opinion, the  only way someone could have 350 is if they got the "Curvature of the Earth" by using the published cheat.

I kept track of every AOTD that came up, published them in this forum, collected them, and ended up with 349. I refused to get the curvature one. It's still on my list to go through all the pages of AOTD's that I've recorded just to make sure I haven't missed one. But, it hardly seems worth it any more.

Steve - SunNFun was very tiring. There was a better turnout than last year and we did pretty good at our LZ.  The Blue Angels did an outstanding show as always.  It didn't appear to me that we had as much GA on the ramp as in years past, but we had a very good showing of beautiful military aircraft. We had 3 A-26's, a B-17, an F4-U, Glacier Girl (P-38), and the usual assortment of T-28's, T-34's, and T6's.  There was also a collection of L-39's, C-47's, a C-54, two F-22's (one which did a great demo), and of course Fat Albert, the Marine Corps C-130 that supports the Angels.

I'm getting older, and have made 37 out of 40 so this year might be my last. It's a bunch of work and they keep changing the parking rules which is making it hard on us old fellows.  Will just have to wait and see.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

OK everyone, todays AOTD, Strato Volcano is one I missed probably about mid-September of last year. I have it now and that gives me 350 without CotE. I didn't cheat or lie to get that one.     :yahoo:

Now there is no doubt there is at least 350!

Blue skies & tailwinds,

-Alan

Good job Alan. Don't know if I will ever find the two I am still missing, but will keep checking.

Just did a Biplane sightseeing tour at night. Interesting landing on the return to Lanai airport. Darn passenger desired he needed to pee when we were still way out over open water. I did manage to put it down safely after the two min. warning.

Steve

Great! Good job! You are the first and only person in the world with that achievement.

Not that I have any doubts, but a screenshot of your Pilot Profile would be much appreciated. :lol:

Best regards.

Luis

Luis, I would be happy to do that except for two things. I do not have an account at one of those picture dumping ground sites and don't intend to start one. Also if I did someone would have to hold my hand and walk me through each step by step by step. It took me months just to figure out how to put an emoticon in these posts. I usually just don't do this kind of stuff on my computer. If there is another way, any volunteer instructors out there?    :blush2:

Blue skies & tailwinds,

-Alan

OK. I surrender. There are 350 aerocaches. But, I probably won't go back through all my paperwork to find the one I missed. Congrats to Hemipilot05 for getting the magic 350.

As far as uploading pics, I use Photobucket, and when I tried to upload a couple of pics yesterday, it wouldn't cooperate.  I'm using IE11 which apparently isn't compatible with the software Avsim uses for the forums.  I guess I'll have to try Chrome, which I don't like.

We'll see.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

Hi Folks

Great! Good job! You are the first and only person in the world with that achievement.

Naaahhhh.............. :biggrin:

As posted previously,

there's at least two others I know of, (there may be more),

one of who's had 350 for at least 6 months.

Alan -

Just post your Gamertag,

and Luis can add you as a friend, then look for himself.   :ph34r:

HTH
ATB
Paul

OK, that will work. Here's what GFWL assigned to me. I did not pick this and never had a reason to change it.

CulpableComa4

Blue skies & tailwinds,

-Alan