Sign in to follow this  
Tino

New sim platform announced, Have you heard of this before?

Good afternoon,

Just thought I would ask if anyone has heard of this new venture? I saw a posting regarding this today.

Check it out:

http://universim.exausolutions.com/

It claims to have partnered with companies like (Boeing, Nvidia and Ubisoft). If I recall correctly, Mr. Randazzo mentioned they were looking at a totally different solution for the future of simulation. (Now I could be mistaken here, I don't want to be the one who spreads these rumors but it was something along the lines of "developing for other platforms".) I just remember seeing it via the Aerosoft Conference in Munich Video. 

PMDG Team, can you confirm if this is something you've heard of before? I'm just debating it's authenticity. Not sure if it's true or not. 

Thanks for your time,

Cheers.

Sante Sottile

Nice find! Thanks for posting this. I'll definitely keep an eye on this.

Before I start following it, I just want to get some confirmation whether it's actually true or not. Hope it's not just another scam.... If it is, at least people will be aware of it before applying for the Beta test (as it's requesting your personal information for it on their website). 

Just seems a little fishy.

Thanks,

Sante Sottile

Wait, they are going to have a beta in the summer, yet no code has been written yet?

Very interesting.  I'll be watching it also.

For those interested in beta testing, they're looking for you too.

If it is a scam, they are going to be in big trouble for using Boeing's logo.

I don't know. They haven't started coding it yet but it will be ready for beta testing by the summer of 2014? A number of us must have been typing at the same time! :lol:

NAX669.png

Very interesting.  I'll be watching it also.

For those interested in beta testing, they're looking for you too.

Hey Robert,

That's why I want to ensure this is authentic. I would be weary about giving your information on the application form until we get more info on "authenticity". Hence why I posted this here.

If true, i'm as excited as you are.

Cheers,

Sante Sottile

I won't be surprised at all if and when this turns out to be another scamming attempt. Having nothing to show as far as proof-of-concept material is concerned, but already calling for beta testers?

Partners are very high-level, and if PMDG will embrace this new platform (for entertainement) will be a very great news. Thanks for posting.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I don't know. They haven't started coding it yet but it will be ready for beta testing by the summer of 2014? A number of us must have been typing at the same time! :lol:

They haven't started coding it yet, but it will be ready for testing my summer. They would need a huge team of people to pull that off, and it seems pretty much impossible in such a short time frame