Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

Predictive Windshear Warning Preview (SP1 Beta)

it is amazing how we were asking for a new improved sim, but these great group of people are able to overcome all of these limitations that we once though were inside FSX and we can not work around them 

That "someone" is Kostas Terzides, one of the two geniuses (the other one is Damian Clark) that created ASN... :lol:

Oh I know them both. I was on my phone and couldn't see the signature. My bad.

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

I've been using the ASN radar link for a few days now (on that 'other' 737NG), and it really is a thing of beauty. It's great fun to use the ASN search feature to find what airports worldwide are experiencing thunderstorms and/or wind shear, and then go there to enjoy the fun. Seeing the effect of a microburst located on final approach in FSX is as close as I ever want to get to one.

This is so great,

Maybe Kyle will do a video on windshear and how to escape it ? Would be so educating  B)

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Maybe Kyle will do a video on windshear and how to escape it ? Would be so educating 

I'll consider it.  I'm still kinda catching up on things.  I was actually hoping this thread would have a video from Luke or Pete.  They have a better accent...haha  B)

Kyle Rodgers

Michael is right there Kyle, I went to your channel and found it missing that part.

"Bore" me with your Looong (Highly informative and appreciated) SYSK on this subject please.

Waleed N

Michael is right there Kyle, I went to your channel and found it missing that part.

"Bore" me with your Looong (Highly informative and appreciated) SYSK on this subject please.

haha - fair enough.  I'll do the groundwork now since I have absolutely jack to do at work at the moment...shhhhhh  :ph34r:

Kyle Rodgers

haha - fair enough.  I'll do the groundwork now since I have absolutely jack to do at work at the moment...shhhhhh  :ph34r:

Choose the side-rant wisely :)

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Choose the side-rant wisely :)

haha - I don't think I have one for this topic, though I'm sure one will incidentally pop into my head as I record it and I'll go gallivanting off on a tangent as if I had attention deficiency and had just seen something shiny.

...or am I missing something?

Kyle Rodgers

haha - I don't think I have one for this topic, though I'm sure one will incidentally pop into my head as I record it and I'll go gallivanting off on a tangent as if I had attention deficiency and had just seen something shiny.

...or am I missing something?

It starts with something to do with not needing to touch the tilt and gain controls all the time, into Flight sim and community dynamics #2 

:ph34r:

BetaTeamD.png

It starts with something to do with not needing to touch the tilt and gain controls all the time, into Flight sim and community dynamics #2 

:ph34r:

haha - I guess that could be one.  I never know what I'm getting into when I press "record."  Sure, there's a plan, but I don't always follow it to a T.

Kyle Rodgers

So you record at work? Or just the preparation?

BetaTeamD.png

Im curious about the meaning of the 2 feathers and the red bars. What do they denote specifically?

Would like to know that as well. Would you have to follow the path in between the two feathers or does that actually lead you straight into trouble?

That's probably where 'trouble' is located.   :P

My guess is, the feathers denote the change in the wind direction, intersecting in the spot you really should avoid. (the red/black stripped icon)

But the ASN manual doesn't really tell a lot about the details (p. 39/'Wind Shear'). And the PMDG tutorial #2 isn't out yet.   :rolleyes: