Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tiagoblanquet

pmdg jetstream and majestic software dash

Hello.

Just wondering if some of you guy more into turbo props like me, have both the addons mentioned on the title.

I currently have the jetstream by pmdg and its a very enjoyable plane to fly, though its kinda hard on framerates on my system. Its still good to fly but i was thinking on getting the majestic dash, and i would like to know how it compares performance wise.

To someome runing both on their system, wich one could deliver best framerate? I,m ok with pmdg but wouldnt want to go slower on fps than that, so i would like to get some comparisson before spending the buck.

Many thanks.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Majestic Dash8 Q400 Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

The q400 is very light on the fps hit. Much better than the js41

Why has admin moved this post a) at all and b) to completely the wrong forum!

Way too much shooting from the hip going on around here these days

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Majestic Dash8 Q400 Forum" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

The Majestic Q400 is very lite on fps compared with the PMDG J41. I have them both and you won't regret buying the Q400

q400 fps are almost as fast as default planes on my system! really impressive coding on that one.

cheers

-andy crosby

I love the dash 8. Not much hit on frames. Still trying to master the landing ,lol

As everyone above has said, the Majestic Q400 has a minimal FPS impact. It is like night an day when compared to the PMDG JS41. 

Even on a sub-par machine (I have an AMD FX-6200 with a GTX 550 Ti) the Q400 delivers buttery smooth frame rates.  It's one of my all-time favorites.

I love the dash 8. Not much hit on frames. Still trying to master the landing ,lol

Leave some power in all the way down to touchdown, works like a charm. Also flaps 15 landings are easier than flaps 35

The Q400 is AMAZING when it comes to FPS performance, it performs just as good as the default aircraft. It's a pure joy to fly as well, if you're into system realism then get your copy as soon as you can. It's a great plane, one of the best ones so far for FSX.

Leave some power in all the way down to touchdown, works like a charm. Also flaps 15 landings are easier than flaps 35

What flap settings is normal RW?

Flaps 15 for most runways, Flaps 30 for short runways (or if the runway is wet/contaminated).

--Xavier

15 is fine for anything over 1600m. 35 is easier to keep on speed but there's a big pitch change when you select it which can spoil your day a bit if you're not expecting it.

Agreed on the other comments, by far the best aircraft ever created for FS and one that can be enjoyed at any major airport with little concern for frames.

What flap settings is normal RW?

What Xavier said. I'd also recommend FS2Crew and the free App from Aurasim.

Yes Q400 has minimal hit on FPS, but it's not really up there with the VC of the PMDG J41. Back when I was flying the J41 I had the moments of virtual and reality lines getting blurred, whereas the Q400 is lacking in the department, hence the minimal FPS hit.

15 is fine for anything over 1600m. 35 is easier to keep on speed but there's a big pitch change when you select it which can spoil your day a bit if you're not expecting it.

Agreed on the other comments, by far the best aircraft ever created for FS and one that can be enjoyed at any major airport with little concern for frames.

It is a true dream to fly. I absolutely love the sounds. It's the only FS airplane that has mastered the beta sound and feel.

Yes Q400 has minimal hit on FPS, but it's not really up there with the VC of the PMDG J41. Back when I was flying the J41 I had the moments of virtual and reality lines getting blurred, whereas the Q400 is lacking in the department, hence the minimal FPS hit.

I disagree. I'm not taking anything away from the J41 but the Q has a top notch VC. The minimal FPS hit is due to the FDE being outside of FSX, it has nothing to do with the VC being inferior in any way.

It is a true dream to fly. I absolutely love the sounds. It's the only FS airplane that has mastered the beta sound and feel.

I disagree. I'm not taking anything away from the J41 but the Q has a top notch VC. The minimal FPS hit is due to the FDE being outside of FSX, it has nothing to do with the VC being inferior in any way.

The quality difference is clearly noticeable, with my eyes anyway. I doubt FDE has anything to do with FPS, its the quality of what you are seeing on the screen that does.

The quality difference is clearly noticeable, with my eyes anyway. I doubt FDE has anything to do with FPS, its the quality of what you are seeing on the screen that does.

I believe the Q's VC is up there with the J41. If you read the reviews about the Majestic Q400 you'd realize that most of the software behind the aircraft is working outside of the confines of FSX, that in it self provides better performance.

I guess were gonna have to agree to disagree ;)

I think that it looks better than the JS41. Not that the JS41 looks bad, it doesnt, it's just the Q400 that looks ace

I had the moments of virtual and reality lines getting blurred

Personally I find it difficult to have such a moment with bad FPS... I think it's better to have slightly reduced eye candy for good FPS than a lot of rather irrelevant eye candy and worse FPS. 

I went to the eye doctor a few weeks ago, so my eyes are good. I don't see how anyone could say the Q400 is visually lacking when compared to the JS41. That is crazy talk right there.

The Q400 is what, 4 or 5 years newer than the JS41? Modelling and design techniques have gotten better and more efficient where we can see an increase in FPS while still having a crystal clear virtual cockpit. 

I went to the eye doctor a few weeks ago, so my eyes are good. I don't see how anyone could say the Q400 is visually lacking when compared to the JS41. That is crazy talk right there.

The Q400 is what, 4 or 5 years newer than the JS41? Modelling and design techniques have gotten better and more efficient where we can see an increase in FPS while still having a crystal clear virtual cockpit. 

So a PMDG Q400 would not have a more immersive VC? I think it would.

So a PMDG Q400 would not have a more immersive VC? I think it would.

I don't see where I said that in my post.