Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The final good news, mixed with some bad....

I just took off in the Raptor....hauling ***.....no stutters..no micro-stutters....and at 28 FPS!

This thing is declared; FIXED!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!!!

Gregg...some are pursuant to my rig...for instance I ported over from my FSX.cfg the Affinity Mask for driving in HyperThread...do you have HyperThreading on?

Post Edit: Ok Gregg,,,here is my P3D.cfg file...which will show you how I have the sim set up now..and it is GORGEOUS!

I then also slaved the P3D.exe to my FSX nVidia Inspector Profile..and that did wonders!

So..try that yourself...set up your sim by the .cfg as I have...and slave your P3D to your FSX...and give it a go. it might put a large smile on your face!.....

Thanks for all this.  I haven't gotten P3D yet...been waiting for the smoke to clear and for airplanes but I'm watching it keenly.  There's a pretty good chance I'll be getting it this weekend.  The Orbx thing had me nervous.  I've got a hefty investment there and would miss some it quite a bit.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

j

I just took off in the Raptor....hauling ***.....no stutters..no micro-stutters....and at 28 FPS!

This thing is declared; FIXED!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!!!

th_scar_zps9ac693fa.jpg

ZORAN

Thanks for all this.  I haven't gotten P3D yet...been waiting for the smoke to clear and for airplanes but I'm watching it keenly.  There's a pretty good chance I'll be getting it this weekend.  The Orbx thing had me nervous.  I've got a hefty investment there and would miss some it quite a bit.

Gregg...what a blast it is now...I just went from take-off in the Raptor...and BLASTED through FL 220 in like...seconds....holy &*##@)(@@)@)!!!

Did this all at 28-30 FPS (locked at 30)   Man...when P3D performs for ya....it is WAY OVER THE TOP!

Back to blasting around the skies........no stutters...and DEAD SMOOTH ANIMATION.   You can get it to this...for I'm the proof, lol!

Use my config as your guide..and then slave your FSX Profile to your P3D.exe...and you're all set...Have fun, for now...I sure as heck am.......:)

P3D Mitch

Post Edit:  Utterly  amazing...to be doing high velocity 'S' turns in the Raptor...and then put the afterburners to it...and go literally vertical....and gain 5, 000 feet!  WOW...and what brings it all home to papa...is you are doing it with absolute fluidity.....no stutters of any kind, no chop....you only have to get the tweaks, and settings right....for when you do....it all falls into place...and you are THERE!   The next thing I am going to do after flying around all my ORBX regions...is make a system backup...and then just like my FSX...I won't be touching or tweaking a thing....in the sim, or in Inspector....and THAT'S for sure!

Oh, you might want to know...that ASN is working perfectly, and I also have REX 4 in play as well.  All the ORBX regions are NOT AFFECTING my FPS...so...it wan't actually ORBX as the bad boy...but you have to perfectly match up your P3D to the caps of your system. You do this...and it then..is set-and-forget.  I also have P3D solely by itself on its own 10,000 RPM Velociraptor HD.  I'm sure that is also contributing to the smooth as silk texture uptakes.....

Have fun today all....for I'm just starting mine....:)))))))

Take care,

Just had my taxi at KORS out of Orbx's PNW...and took off to circle around the region.  I guess John V. will be happy to read that I did it all with good ASN cloud cover, and all at 28-29 FPS!

So...P3D v2.2 can deliver...but you have to spend time with it...and tune it on the go....

Ok...back to PNW...P3D style....:)

Just had my taxi at KORS out of Orbx's PNW...and took off to circle around the region.  I guess John V. will be happy to read that I did it all with good ASN cloud cover, and all at 28-29 FPS!

So...P3D v2.2 can deliver...but you have to spend time with it...and tune it on the go....

Ok...back to PNW...P3D style....:)

No tuning needed out of KORS here with PNW. 55-62 fps with ASN as well 

But again i do not have more than 5% road traffic and 40% AI traffic

Autogen on step above normal. Cloud shadows at 0 distance

Michael

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Gregg...what a blast it is now...I just went from take-off in the Raptor...and BLASTED through FL 220 in like...seconds....holy &*##@)(@@)@)!!!

Did this all at 28-30 FPS (locked at 30)   Man...when P3D performs for ya....it is WAY OVER THE TOP!

Back to blasting around the skies........no stutters...and DEAD SMOOTH ANIMATION.   You can get it to this...for I'm the proof, lol!

Use my config as your guide..and then slave your FSX Profile to your P3D.exe...and you're all set...Have fun, for now...I sure as heck am.......:)

P3D Mitch

Post Edit:  Utterly  amazing...to be doing high velocity 'S' turns in the Raptor...and then put the afterburners to it...and go literally vertical....and gain 5, 000 feet!  WOW...and what brings it all home to papa...is you are doing it with absolute fluidity.....no stutters of any kind, no chop....you only have to get the tweaks, and settings right....for when you do....it all falls into place...and you are THERE!   The next thing I am going to do after flying around all my ORBX regions...is make a system backup...and then just like my FSX...I won't be touching or tweaking a thing....in the sim, or in Inspector....and THAT'S for sure!

Oh, you might want to know...that ASN is working perfectly, and I also have REX 4 in play as well.  All the ORBX regions are NOT AFFECTING my FPS...so...it wan't actually ORBX as the bad boy...but you have to perfectly match up your P3D to the caps of your system. You do this...and it then..is set-and-forget.  I also have P3D solely by itself on its own 10,000 RPM Velociraptor HD.  I'm sure that is also contributing to the smooth as silk texture uptakes.....

Have fun today all....for I'm just starting mine....:)))))))

Take care,

You do realize, your using much lower AA settings right?

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I dont know why some say that p3d 2.2 runs poorly out of the box. It runs phenomenal and certainly looks better than fsx. The problem is installing all the addons, which we do anyway otherwise what the point of the sim. P3D vanilla still looks nice, but still pointless if you can add your fav airports, regions, and aircraft.

Therefore its only a matter of time that both addons and the sim play nice together. Right now its a tricky business, but they seem more like just installers rather than actually being nativly coded for p3d.

FSX runs well, but certainly does not look better, and its only running well after 7 + years of frustration and tweaking. Here we are only into a few years of tweaking. Granted our hardware is better. 

2.3 hopefully is the catalyst that makes performance WITH addons make significant inroads despite seemingly being at the edge of performance. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

LM should hire this guy as their sales manager.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

LM should hire this guy as their sales manager.

That made me smile, Chris.....(large ---------------->smile). :)

You do realize, your using much lower AA settings right?

Ray...the sim visually is deadly beautiful now...clear, crisp...and 27-30 maintained FPS (in OrBX Global and dedicated regions) EVERYWHERE I wish to fly...whether blasting the Raptor at ground level....with NO stutter of any kind, micro, or chunk (!!!), or pulling back on the stick...and seeing 20,000 ft in a matter of moments, through ASN painted cloud scape, and REX 4 Direct treating them to a graphic spruce up.

I am having now, the time of my life......and O.M.G.....can P3D bring it on.......H.S.!

My final P3D.cfg and my cloned FSX conbined, did the trick. I went from sheer crap....to sheer bliss early this morning. Bliss is sticking around....PERMANENTLY!

Oh and Ray, my FSX N.I. settings is what is in play here...and much higher than the P3D.cfg I slaved the P3D.exe to my FSX Profile...and boy oh boy....Christmas comes in May as well.....

P3D Mitch

I dont know why some say that p3d 2.2 runs poorly out of the box. It runs phenomenal and certainly looks better than fsx. The problem is installing all the addons, which we do anyway otherwise what the point of the sim. P3D vanilla still looks nice, but still pointless if you can add your fav airports, regions, and aircraft.

Therefore its only a matter of time that both addons and the sim play nice together. Right now its a tricky business, but they seem more like just installers rather than actually being nativly coded for p3d.

FSX runs well, but certainly does not look better, and its only running well after 7 + years of frustration and tweaking. Here we are only into a few years of tweaking. Granted our hardware is better.

2.3 hopefully is the catalyst that makes performance WITH addons make significant inroads despite seemingly being at the edge of performance.

I totally agree....my system (I'll post my system right after I add this post in my Profile) ate it up for supper...and that's why I went nuts right after the vanilla install. It's when I added on all the stuff I could....all my Orbx, less some Orbx paid-for airports that don't have the v2.2 option, ASN, Rex 4 Direct, My Traffic Pro, etc...is when it all went to 8-12 FPS. This morning I spent a few hours 'cause and effect'ing the sim....and came up with sheer magic.....no matter what region of Orbx I choose to fly in....I am doing it at a constant and maintainable; 27-30 FPS. That is all I asked...and received it with a little work behind it. Looking at it...that is the ONLY way that I got FSX/DX10 to the point that it is the same performance....constant excellence.

Cheers!

P3D runs pretty good and definately more stable, except of occasional .dll crashes that I can attribute to addons. But comparing DX10 and P3D on my system flying out of KSEA, DX10 is much more fluid and flyable at this point. Don't know what to say, or do at this point except hope that JV at Orbx is correct about v2.3.

Ray...before this morning, I'd fully agree with you! My FSX/Dx10 still has some (very little, but still there) micro-stutter as the animation advances.

In P3D v2.2 (after my tweak and poke...) None....0...nada... It is this one factor alone...that was worth the entire cost to purchase, and to spend the time to 'get it right'. BTW...Vector is a must in this platform. It has proved to me, along with all my other ORBX kit...that it does not throw an anchor out....it was my .cfg of the sim in general that was 'my anchor', plain and simple. If you get it right...it works.....and stays working...

No tuning needed out of KORS here with PNW. 55-62 fps with ASN as well

But again i do not have more than 5% road traffic and 40% AI traffic

Autogen on step above normal. Cloud shadows at 0 distance

Michael

Michael

Michael, if you see my config...I have all graphics wide open...and the sim is drop-dead gorgeous, a la Orbx.....:)

With your system you have done very well - congrats - Mitch I am noticing dawn its either to dark or just goes to day no transition in between - same with dusk can you check this for me - night is ugly and hope they can do something with the water eventually - thanks Buddy

By the way NI was a no go for me - using nvidia control panel and all is well just AM=15 in my p3d cfg. file and I am pretty happy but didnt have time to put it thru its paces

Rich Sennett

By the way NI was a no go for me

Richard is it related to your drivers?  I'm having a problem where NI isn't working with the latest nVidea drivers.  I'm running a couple of revisions back.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

"Richard is it related to your drivers?  I'm having a problem where NI isn't working with the latest nVidea drivers.  I'm running a couple of revisions back."

Hi Greg interesting I am using the latest beta driver - is there a driver you recommend please - I have never seen this in fsx so I was not sure what was going on as I am new to P3D - thank you

Rich Sennett

I slaved the P3D.exe to my FSX Profile

Mitch,

Can you explain how to do this?

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Hi Greg interesting I am using the latest beta driver - is there a driver you recommend please - I have never seen this in fsx so I was not sure what was going on as I am new to P3D - thank you

I'm really not recommending anything but I'm not having any problems with 331.65 with NI.  Some other folks seem to be using the latest and aren't having a problem. Not sure what's going on yet.  Perhaps, NI needs updating or, perhaps, it's something else.  I have a few things to try.  Here's the thread where we're discussing it...

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/441966-sgss-not-working-on-latest-nvidea-drivers/

Gregg Seipp