Sign in to follow this  
Arwen

Important: for A2A C172 Trainer Owners

Slightly OT, but I had another look at the Cherokee and it seems almost the same as the C172 but only with low wings? Same systems, same AP, same everything. What makes it actually different from the C172, I wonder?

RW, the Cherokee likes to float more if you're high on speed over the runway and it's nicer in a crosswind.  Also, in a stall, it is less apt to wing-over.  At least that's my experience.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Slightly OT, but I had another look at the Cherokee and it seems almost the same as the C172 but only with low wings? Same systems, same AP, same everything. What makes it actually different from the C172, I wonder?

Seriously... why not just go read up on the two aircraft online somewhere, like Wikipedia or something.

Many different GA aircraft tend to share similar avionics packages. Beyond that they are two completely different aircraft. Also, the A2A Cherokee has a very different autopilot.

Does anyone really understand the two options A2A is offering here: http://a2asimulations.com/c172p3drebate.html ?

I have the FSX Version and would like to switch to the P3D Version so I think Option 2 is the right one for me?

But why do I have to send them the FSX and P3D order number? So I guess I have to first buy the P3D Version and after that I can get a refund that I can only use for other purchases at A2A?

Sorry but for me it is REALLY confusing what A2A has written in in the link I posted ...

It's very straight forward. First of all, yes it's a rebate so that means you must make the purchase first for the P3D version. Then you tell them whether you still want to keep the FSX license and receive a $30 rebate, or you tell them you want to relinquish your FSX license and receive a $50 rebate.

A2A has mirrored Lockheed Martin's licensing.  So if you want to know what the A2A license is, just read the Lockheed Martin license for your particular Prepar3D product.  This is both simple (as it can get) and legal.

Scott.

It's very straight forward. First of all, yes it's a rebate so that means you must make the purchase first for the P3D version. Then you tell them whether you still want to keep the FSX license and receive a $30 rebate, or you tell them you want to relinquish your FSX license and receive a $50 rebate.

Thanks for clearing this up for me! English is not my native language so for me it was a bit confusing :)

You know what is funny about this whole legalese discussion.  I would bet the same general division of 'camps' largely exist in the 'Is FSX a Game or a Simulator' debate :biggrin:   The question really being asked here might be 'Is a simulator entertaining or educational....or both?'  Perhaps that is a discussion for another thread.  

LOL imagine if some big political science think tank bought the rights to 'SimCity' in order to produce an enhanced mayoral training simulation...maybe called 'Mayor3D', intended for 'educational purposes' for budding civil servants.  Would SimCity fans be having this same discussion? :lol:

Cheers

TJ

A2A has mirrored Lockheed Martin's licensing.  So if you want to know what the A2A license is, just read the Lockheed Martin license for your particular Prepar3D product.  This is both simple (as it can get) and legal.

Scott.

Ok, clear. Although this isn't clear in your online store because 'simulation' isn't mentioned at all over there while that's the main (legitimate) reason why most people bought/buy P3D! So you might consider adding this bit of information to the information in the store!

But anyway, now I know that A2A is mirroring the LM licensing, then I also know I am free to get the professional license for the C172 for simulation, which is good news. (I am fine with the price difference by now btw LOL Some 30 bucks extra for a plane that's giving me hours and hours and HOURS of enjoyment isnt' too much, of course...! ^_^ My apologies for getting a bit too er... excited about that...)

LOL imagine if some big political science think tank bought the rights to 'SimCity' in order to produce an enhanced mayoral training simulation...

Strangely enough, that almost happened.  Back in the 90's, a nonprof called the Markle Foundation funded a project to use the Sim City engine to create simulations to inform policy debates.  They even came out with a boxed product called "Sim Health" that let you become a policymaker in healthcare reform - this was when Hillary Clinton's reform project was being debated.  There was a "values" slider that you could set (I forget what it governed but it basically went from left to right in every sense of the term) and then you'd make decisions and policy outcomes would happen.  I don't think they sold too many of them.  I talked to the developer (Maxis Software) about commissioning some private-label simulations for corporate clients - a simulation is a good way for a company involved in complicated issues, like, say, an energy company, to show that their world isn't simply black and white - "come work alongside us if you think it's so easy".  But the development costs were prohibitive.  A shame - I still think there's potential in something like that if you could find the right company and the right set of issues.

Hmmm... How about a "Sim EULA" game where people get to choose the right software license....   :P

Sorry, Tom and Fr. Bill, couldn't resist...

Dumb question : Please is there some differences (in terms of knowledge related to the control and systems) if I practice some procedures in A2A Cessna for example between FSX and P3D ?

Please note, I don't speak about  textures, fps, OoM, sky color, stutters, stuff and so on.....

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

No it would be exactly the same.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Just wanted to let you guys know that, after purchasing the P3D2 version of the C172 and emailing A2A my request for a rebate of the FSX version, that my rebate was credited to my PayPay account in just over 30 minutes.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

my rebate was credited to my PayPay account in just over 30 minutes.

Same here - 31 minutes, to be exact, going by the e-mail timestamps.

Assuming both of you bought the Professional licence, did you get a rebate that covers the entire cost or just the $50 you had paid for the FSX version?