Sign in to follow this  
Arwen

Important: for A2A C172 Trainer Owners

I've read that but I presume pro-users will have to pay extra for that. We'll see though. But if I am going to get their upcoming Piper does depend on how things work out right now. Most addon devs don't charge extra for pro-users so why should A2A?

I thought it was even more weird that they have different licences for FSX and Prepar3D, because they encouraged the installer workaround to get the C172 working in Prepar3D 2.x (I wonder how they're going to treat that matter from now on). Most add-on developers don't even have different licences for FSX and Prepar3D (just triple installers). While I can see why A2A and PMDG would do that (fear of being sued), Carenado just provide triple installers, and Majestic will provide a special Prepar3D edition of their MJC8 Q400 at no additional cost. A2A are definitely at a disadvantage now.

I've got to say though that I'm glad the C172 is getting official Prepar3D support, and now I know I'll definitely buy it as soon as I can. But I hope they will improve their licencing scheme, because right now it's kind of unfair to those who were honest and got the Professional edition.

I guarantee you that the dislikes on my posts above where put there by user who did not qualify for the Academic license but when ahead and purchased it anyway. :-)

I guarantee you that the dislikes on my posts above where put there by user who did not qualify for the Academic license but when ahead and purchased it anyway. :-)

I see. Somebody else also admitted to getting the Academic licence even though he didn't qualify for it, and he disliked all posts explaining why that was wrong.  :lol:

So where does one go to actually exchange their FSX license key for a P3d only key?

Especially for those like myself who purchased from Simmarket or another vendor other than direct from A2A?

RE Thomason Jr.

So where does one go to actually exchange their FSX license key for a P3d only key?

The details haven't been announced yet. You will have the chance to do so for 30 days after the launch of the new licencing system.

The details haven't been announced yet. You will have the chance to do so for 30 days after the launch of the new licencing system.

Oh, Make sense thanks for the HU I thought that the clock was already ticking...

Thanks!

RE Thomason Jr.

Accu-Sim Core Update v.2.0 is now available. LINK

NOTE:

The C172 Trainer is now included in the core updates, and any prior individual C172 updates (up to v.1.06) should not be used

OVERVIEW

While the vast majority of updates and fixes for Accu-Sim version two is directed at our most recent release, the C172 Trainer.

I haven't found any new details on the license rebate/trade-in yet.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

I'm pretty sure they had said that Accu-Sim Core 2.0 would be released along with the Cherokee. Maybe that one is close to release.

From A2A Forum THREAD:

Cherokee is complete and just around the corner. We just need to monitor the new Accu-Sim v.2.0 release and once everything is settled and confirmed, we will pus the Cherokee out. No promises on exact dates, as this is a day to day process at this point.

Scott.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Dumb question-  If one buys an "academic" A2A lic.  then it will only work in "academic" P3D?  And "pro" only works in "pro"?

Slightly OT, but I had another look at the Cherokee and it seems almost the same as the C172 but only with low wings? Same systems, same AP, same everything. What makes it actually different from the C172, I wonder?

Dumb question-  If one buys an "academic" A2A lic.  then it will only work in "academic" P3D?  And "pro" only works in "pro"?

They haven't said whether the installer will check which Prepar3D licence you have, and I would like them to touch on this subject.

I guess I won't be buying anymore A2A products, since I don't own P3D yet (not sure I ever will but not worth the chance that I will make the switch some day)

Well, I had another look on the A2A site and the topic about the licenses but I now think that the A2A academic and professional licences have nothing to do with the P3D academic and professional licences. I presumed at first, like you do, that when you own the P3D Pro license you need to get the A2A Pro license and that if you own the P3D academic version you need the A2A academic license, but that doesn't seem to be the case. A2A just made if VERY confusing by using the exact same naming...! This means that when you have the P3D Pro license but want to use the A2A plane for education, you can do get the academic version for use in the P3D pro 'version'. The descriptions of the A2A licences have no real relation to the P3D licenses. While LM says you can use P3D for simulation, A2A says you can only use their planes for either education or either professional use. They don't mention simulation at all. A2A seems to think P3D is for pro's only, which obviously is a mistake. The don't seem to offer a license for simmers like use, who are using P3D for simulation, period. Very odd.

So if you want to stay totally honest, this means regular simmers can't get A2A products for P3D AT ALL...! Again, very odd... I really think A2A has no clue what kind of people are using P3D. They really seem to think only a few professionals are using P3D.