Sign in to follow this  
RudiJG1

New Garmin GPS option?

Looks decent....  I already asked over at SF - wondering if it will use the worldwide.bin file for updating the database?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Although this navdata should be pretty current, at least compared to what we have with the RXP 530  which I believe is June 2011.  Unless it's being suggested it will also use that data? But given it's Garmin trainer for the new GTN 650/750 I would expect something in 2013 or 2014?

Not true. It is update-able. You have to do what they do in the real world... buy it from garmin.

Not true. It is update-able. You have to do what they do in the real world... buy it from garmin.

Hi Jim, if I was too buy once cycle from Garmin for say North America with WAAS do you know how much that would run?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Hi Jim, if I was too buy once cycle from Garmin for say North America with WAAS do you know how much that would run?

$310 single update, $930 subscription - worldwide

$195 and $585 for Americas region

Platforms?  Integration plans with aircraft including things like panel support and support for precision (WAAS and ILS) approaches - both CDI/HSI display and AP coupling?  Approximate price?  Rough time frame for release?  :unsure:

Definitely interested, but as with all things - the devil is in the details.

Scott

Yummy!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

$310 single update, $930 subscription - worldwide

$195 and $585 for Americas region

$195 for a single update in NA isnt that bad if you update once a year or so.....

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Very tantalizing, especially the removal of the annoying knob interface that is the bane of the GNS430/530. As a side note, I always thought it would be incredible (and conceivably quite simple) if FS2Crew could get this VoiceFlight working on the RXP unit: 

Does somebody know how to purchase this database without owning the actual device or an aircraft? 

It seems to download you need an account with an ID key that is internal to the device.  I would like a subscription just for FS but I can't seem to find a way to download without a device.

Sean Green