Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

SP1 Beta Preview - Weather Radar into ATL

Hi,

This includes RTE, FLT NO, PERF INIT, WIND DATA, DES FORECAST, ALTN, ALTN WX and ALTN LIST uplinks and RTE REPORT and POS REPORT downlinks. The optional TAKE OFF datalink functionality is not presently modelled in the PMDG 777 product line.

I wonder where the downlinks are headed....VATSIM?

I was using the ASN map to thread around some weather on approach to VHHH a few days ago and got my first  "BOOO-BEEP "WINDSHEAR WINDSHEAR".... 

Pretty sure that was windshear alert from ASN, not PMDG 777  :smile: 

Ok I will modify them. Not very difficult to find the selcal though, for example, here is F-GUOC done by searching google selcal f-guoc

http://www.selcal.co.uk/02052014.txt

You can find almost all selcals at airframes.org, it's just that they can't know for sure it's on the registration plate in the cockpit (if I'm right). Still, in my opinion they should be included anyway on all repaints, since most of 777s have it.

Nice little update from Ryan!  Unexpected but gladly accepted.  

Any more info on the data link?  I'm assuming it will grab descent forecast data from ASN?  When you say it's in the FCOM is it going to work exactly like that?  I know I know, it's PMDG so we can assume so.  

I guess I'm off to read the FCOM.  

Thanks a lot Ryan for this great insight of your work. Didnt realize how complex that was. Impressive.

And many thanks to the PMDG team to make it happen... When it will happen.

Best regards

Alex

This might be a bit cheeky, but any chance of a couple of new pics from the 777-300?

Ryan's explanations are really appreciated as nearly all of us have been waiting for this major update for a long time. At least we understood well the complexity of the update along with FSX's old fashion aviation coding...

Coding is a very tedious process. I can only imagine how tedious it must be for PMDG to code these incredibly complex and realistic planes. Add to that an old, and sometimes broken, sim, and it should be no surprise that PMDG takes as long as they do.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Clearly lots of love going into this SP. Many thanks.

PMDG doesn't give release dates.  It'll release when it's ready.

I've tired of waiting lol