Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Pro ATC X

Yes, only touch PF2000 when instructed and when setting up a flight.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

It's lmost uneccessary to touch PF2000. The manuel is thorough enough. It requires reading carefully and probably he first couple of FPs may not go as you expect. But, once you've got a good one it works really well. The PFE forum covers most of the other small niggles.

PFE is a steep learning curve. But, once there it's probably the best available. Especially as it has recently been updated. Moe than can be said for others!!

i give up

Why?

Just read the documentation. It tells you how to make changes to your FPL. It's much more straightforward than you think. I think you're trying run before you can walk. Set up something very simple to start with and learn how to make changes.

One thing common to all the ATC add-ons is that you are not able to have a wypt close to the airport. Also it's a good idea to move the FAF further away. Do that in PF2000. Do not use any SIDs and STARs in PF 2000.

Make sure you have downloaded and run makerwys and your FSUIPC is current.

don't think i can take to pressing buttons all those hot keys will mess things up! i done everything in the docs even makerwys and in fsx i can't get atc up even after pressing the hot keys?

Vernon Howells

i give up

Come on man, it's not that hard.

Just read the excellent documentation, its all in there.

Here is a (basic) step by step to get your *.pln into PFE,

First make sure under options#1 that you have  rebuilt the PFE database. you will do this whenever you add any new airport to your sim.

Create your flightplan in whatever flightplanner you use, Default, FSCommander, as long as it saves in .pln format you are golden.

click on FS9 /FSX Fplan converter and select your newly made plan.

Click on Convert FS FP to PF2000, once converted you will see a dialog "FSX Flight plan successfully converted to PF2000 Format", click OK

Back on the same screen you Click on the PF2k icon where it says Click here to start PF2K Proflight 2000.

Once in PF2000 click select flight, you will be taken to  a dialog box where you will see your converted flight plan prefixed with PFE i.e PFE_EGGWLIPZ.pln, select the plan and click OK, then click on Compile..

Click Continue then OK and PF2000 will do its stuff. when complete click OK then Enter.

Now you will be taken back to the PFE Flightplan convertor screen.

Select your original flightplan and click on Adjust FS FP for PF2000

What this does is explained in section 7.2.17 of the manual

Back at the main PFE screen press select new ADV, this is the plan that PFE ATC will use to give your ATC instructions.

With FSX/P3D running press Connect to FS and you are all set.

I strongly urge you to read through the manual as without doing this you are entering a world of pain and frustration.

This is a very basic step through and there are many options available both through the main program and also in the .ini file to tailor the PFE experience, but without a good read of the documentation and the PFE forum you will struggle unfortunatly.

http://www.ocs-support.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=4

If you have a seperate screen / laptop you can run the excellent PFE display program tat will show you all the correct responses for the various ATC controllers as you tune to them.

I have done all the above steps its the hot keys issue am having keys 0-9 ain't working am trying to get hold of ATC?

In fsx do i have to go into flight planner and load the flight up?

Vernon Howells

I have done all the above steps its the hot keys issue am having keys 0-9 ain't working am trying to get hold of ATC?

Go into  Option#1 > hotkey options and set your hotkeys to some other free key combinations that are not assigned in either FSX or used in any other addon, FSCrew, NGX ect.

Am hearing atc taking to my AI traffic but can't get it to work with me?

I have tuned to ground but nothing is happening?

Vernon Howells

Only if you want the plan to show in the Default GPS, I see you are using the NGX, be aware that PF2000 strips out waypoints that it feels are to close together when it compiles the plan, this is why the  Adjust FS FP for PF2000 option exists, it basically creates a sync'd FSX plan prefixed With PFE_ so that your GPS or FMC plan will be the same.

As you are using the NGX you will be entering/loading your plan into the FMC.

here is a tip that may help, browse to \PFE\FS2000\ADV, in there you will find files with the extension .brf and .gps both of thes files for your flight are worth having to hand both while you fly and program you FMS

The .brf file contains the frequencies for the various controllers at both Departure and arrival airports.

The .gps file contains the waypoints of your flightplan.

Make sure your hot keys don't conflict with anything else running.

As for your second point it depends entirely what a/c you're flying. Whether it has an FMC, INS or none.

For example When I fly the VC10 I use a PFE FPL which almost always differs slightly to the original .pln. However, that's not a problem because I can load the original .pln into my INS. The INS follows the .pln whilst PFE follows its ADV. This for example allows me to insert quite complicated SIDs and STARs.

Look at this .pln below:-

[flightplan]

AppVersion=9.1.40901

title=LIMF to EGKK

description=LIMF, EGKK

type=IFR

routetype=3

cruising_altitude=33000

departure_id=LIMF, N45* 11.18', E7* 38.92', +000989.00

departure_position=36

destination_id=EGKK, N51* 8.73', W0* 12.57', +000195.00

departure_name=Caselle

destination_name=Gatwick

waypoint.0=, LIMF, , LIMF, A, N45* 11.18', E7* 38.92', +000989.00,

waypoint.1=LI, MF401, , MF401, I, N45* 15.18', E7* 39.07', +000000.00,

waypoint.2=LI, MF402, , MF402, I, N45* 15.25', E7* 44.74', +000000.00,

waypoint.3=LI, SIRLO, LIMF, SIRLO, I, N45* 9.27', E7* 59.57', +000000.00,

waypoint.4=LI, D135O, LIMF, D135O, I, N45* 2.64', E7* 54.04', +000000.00,

waypoint.5=LI, BARBY, LIMF, BARBY, I, N45* 6.50', E7* 41.93', +000000.00,

waypoint.6=LI, D003B, LIMF, D003B, I, N45* 15.18', E7* 39.10', +000000.00,

waypoint.7=LI, MATOG, LIMF, MATOG, I, N45* 23.18', E7* 35.37', +000000.00,

waypoint.8=LI, SCS, , SCS, V, N45* 44.74', E7* 20.31', +002539.00,

waypoint.9=LS, MOLUS, , MOLUS, I, N46* 26.63', E6* 40.77', +000000.00,

waypoint.10=LF, ROMTA, , ROMTA, I, N46* 58.22', E5* 51.43', +000000.00,

waypoint.11=LF, DJL, , DJL, V, N47* 16.26', E5* 5.89', +000725.00,

waypoint.12=LF, TUNOR, , TUNOR, I, N47* 53.00', E4* 8.47', +000000.00,

waypoint.13=LF, LAULY, , LAULY, I, N48* 9.43', E3* 42.13', +000000.00,

waypoint.14=LF, BRY, , BRY, V, N48* 24.42', E3* 17.69', +000289.00,

waypoint.15=LF, CLM, , CLM, V, N48* 50.68', E3* 0.83', +000485.00,

waypoint.16=LF, SOSUN, , SOSUN, I, N49* 59.10', E1* 31.07', +000000.00,

waypoint.17=LF, KUNAV, , KUNAV, I, N50* 30.90', E1* 3.93', +000000.00,

waypoint.18=EG, BEXIL, , BEXIL, I, N50* 42.53', E0* 44.22', +000000.00,

waypoint.19=EG, TIMBA, EGKK, TIMBA, I, N50* 56.73', E0* 15.70', +000000.00,

waypoint.20=EG, MAY, , MAY, V, N51* 1.03', E0* 6.97', +000360.00,

waypoint.21=, EGKK, , EGKK, A, N51* 8.73', W0* 12.57', +000195.00,

The PFE FPL actually starts at SCS (it is in fact the fpl in the video i did). But because in PFE i have set up a SIRLO SID, PFE allows me to fly the whole first part by myself. In the PFE FPL however I have ensured that by SCS I'm at the correct hight.  PFE issues me with a climb to SID ceiling and thereafter step climbs to FL330. It matters not that I'm not close to SCS. So you see PFE gives me the correct instructions even though i'm actually flying away from the first PFE wypt. BUT, I do have to stay within a minimum deviation from the fpl (you can set that up in PFE). All that means is that i have to monitor the INS turns to ensure the a/c turns inside the curve. (which actually models the old INS methods very well).

When I get to MAY I deliberately turn off the direct line to EGKK. PFE sees this and allows me to fly my own STAR and contact the correct frequency for landing.

Don't expect to put in a complex FPL the first time you use PFE and expect it to be perfect. You'll quite often have to tweak your fpls to get the best fit.

Am hearing atc taking to my AI traffic but can't get it to work with me?

I have tuned to ground but nothing is happening?

Under Options#1 make sure that "must tune to Atis is unchecked" if this option is checked then you must tune and listen to the ATIS message before anything else will happen.

With the option unchecked and Use PFE ATIS checked you will be able to listen to the ATIS if you tune to it but its use is not mandatory.

You can see now where the manual comes in handy :smile:

Under Options#1 make sure that "must tune to Atis is unchecked" if this option is checked then you must tune and listen to the ATIS message before anything else will happen.

With the option unchecked and Use PFE ATIS checked you will be able to listen to the ATIS if you tune to it but its use is not mandatory.

You can see now where the manual comes in handy :smile:

Yes thats unchecked per the manual but i can't hear atc talk to me its coming up in the blue box but no voice?

what are the pf comm keys 0-9?

Vernon Howells