Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

No way forward for P3D and me

It is worth perservering Howard. I was about to email for a refund but after tweaking from Richard's thread and watching this video 

from frooglesim I have got P3D to run nicely with no stutters WITHOUT cloud shadowing. Cloud shadows kill my FPS and bring back micro stutters but I can live without them. The rest looks so much better than FSX.

For info the biggest difference came when I switched V SYNC on in the sim, capped FPS to 35 and also ticked TRIPLE BUFFERING (as in the above video). I don't use Nvidia Inspector at all.

Best of luck!

Adam

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I'm beginning to wonder whether my Dell 30" display, which runs at 2560x1600 has, for some reason, an ill effect...

:(

That would be a shame because thats a nice monitor but you really need to borrow a basic monitor from some one and test it, you may as well since you have tried everything else, good luck!

ZORAN

I've gone back to FSX and until which time LM can produce a sim that works properly with Vsync then, that's where I'll stay. Unless anyone knows differently and can offer some magical solution

Vsync works perfectly for me, do you happen to be running two monitors at different resolutions ?

PC hardware description is calling out 2 other 19" monitors - the reason why I asked if He has tried to get it up and running with only one monitor for starters 

Rich Sennett

Vsync works perfectly for me, do you happen to be running two monitors at different resolutions ?

Hmm, yup, I have. The 30"@2560x1600 and a side monitor for instruments which is a 17", unsure what resolution (1440 x ?) I had Vsync issues with the two monitors when used with DX10, but it was sorted by introducing D3D Overrider, but this seems to have no effect for me in P3D.

EDIT: I've just done a test with the second monitor disabled and there's no change whatsoever!

H iHoward:

Have you followed my guide - P3D blows fsx away - there is no reason its shouldn't work for you also - are you running multiple monitors, I would not as that will kill performance

Where is your guide Rich?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hi Howard - there is a lot there as it got a little off track - anyway - any questions just ask - please start with one monitor only - you are not running a Titan so you just may be expecting to much in the end or at lease till SLI support comes out - I hope

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/442898-my-new-observations-in-p3d/page-3

Rich Sennett

I run two monitors - 28" at 1920 and 24" at 1440. I use the big monitor for P3D and the second for PlanG, ASN and other programs. Absolutely NO problem with Vsync. Using the new 300 series drivers 3xx.88.

My system NEVER had FSX installed - wonder how many people WITH issues have FSX installed also versus not.

Don't give up Howard - when you succeed (and you WILL) - the reward is breathtaking. Flying the A2A Cherokee with ASN weather in ORBX Northern California scenery is sim heaven.

FWIW, I actually did return P3D then decided to give it "one mo try" - have NEVER looked back.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Howard 1/2 refresh rate vsync doesn't work in P3d (yet). Unless you keep 60fps all the time, you see those stutters, it's perfectly normal. So, you're not doing anything wrong. P3d can never be as smooth as fsx without this feature. I don't understand people claiming no stutters below 60fps. It's there and if you can't see them it means you've problem with your eyes.  

I don't understand people claiming no stutters below 60fps. It's there and if you can't see them it means you've problem with your eyes.

Maybe a problem with your eyes, have you thought about that possibility ?

I have no VSync issues at all on my 27" dell with GTX570 using TrackIr.

No screen tearing or stutters, so it is possible.

Maybe a problem with your eyes, have you thought about that possibility ?

I have no VSync issues at all on my 27" dell with GTX570 using TrackIr.

No screen tearing or stutters, so it is possible.

Yeah, my word for your word, blah blah blah. Show me a single video without stutters then I'll believe you. Every video I've seen so far stuttering more or less, even froogle's last video.

Every video I've seen so far stuttering more or less,

Yep, Fraps will do that.

I would not tolerate screen tear using TrackIR or stuttering performance, If P3D gave me those I would be back to FSX in a heartbeat.

But the fact is I have zero issues with P3D other than the lights at my Aerosoft airports.

It is all about how you set up the machine and Sim.

The film that goes on in this post is a modernized reissue.
The current crew brings new features such as volumetric fog, HDR, shadows and other things.
An interesting detail in the first film there was no refund.
The name of the first movie is "Migration from FS9 to FSX", the new movie called "P3DV2" is based on the previous but far away, in another time and people do not accept it.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

Yeah, my word for your word, blah blah blah. Show me a single video without stutters then I'll believe you. Every video I've seen so far stuttering more or less, even froogle's last video.

The stuttering is there unless u run at 60 fps. If u don't see them consider yourself lucky.

Sorry didn't mean to quote u.

Matt Wilson

Yep, Fraps will do that.

I would not tolerate screen tear using TrackIR or stuttering performance, If P3D gave me those I would be back to FSX in a heartbeat.

But the fact is I have zero issues with P3D other than the lights at my Aerosoft airports.

It is all about how you set up the machine and Sim.

If the FPS you're getting doesn't match your monitor's refresh rate (or 1/2 or 1/4 of it), you will get stuttering because of irregular frame updates.

+1 to Mad dog. It is possible. Do not mistake Orbx scenery loading for stutters. I used to have screen tearing until I read through the above mentioned post, and made a couple of changes to Nvidia control panel and inspector. The improvement was noticable. No more tearing, no noticable stutters. Terrain re-positioning yes. My frames are locked, and are staying at 32fps. Mind you, once I re-enable FSDT's CYVR, I fully expect the slide show to begin. That is a result of FSDT's programming, and not LM.

Howard, I do hope you are able to get P3D working to your satisfaction. That is what counts.

ps, just my 21/2 c

regards, Jazz