Sign in to follow this  
BobK

Level D 767...WOW.....

I'm running it on an Athlon XP 2,200 with an nvidia Gforce Ti 4200, 1 gig ram. Framerates are comparable to PMDG 737, perhaps a little better. However, the 767 doesn't have a virtual cabin, so that might be an explanation. The manual doesn't have a tutorial flight, only a checklist. I didn't find those to helpful, but, after some problems, got the engines running and was able to clear all the warning messages. There are already a substantial number of liveries available. I'm having some problems with the airplane following vnav, but that might be pilot error. There are a couple of old tutorials from PIC767 for FS2000 available. Overall, I am very satisfied. ricardo

Guest sfoofficer

Found the liveries at the following link - http://www.leveldsim.com/files/repaints/Quite a few: 25-30 or so in two formats apiece. Funny thing was that there was no direct link from the site's main page - had to go to the forums.Just downloaded and installed Delta, Varig, and Hawaiian. Dang, I love this sucker! :D

Guest Stefan Bergert

HI!I also bought it ~10h ago and I want to share impressions for possible new customers:There are currently some more issues with this aircraft than what I expected:-there are problems with the AP overshooting altitudes in alt hold mode, especially when G/S is armed or in FL/CHG (not at mine, but there are soem posts in the level D forums from some users)-there are also problems with the AP during autoland with crosswind (which is set in the limits for autoland) where the aircraft touches down off the rwy-I had a problem with the AP not following an LNAV offset (started turn to enter offset, but then remained in that turn orbiting). I also had troubles with altidue holding in cruise (annoying to see VNAV SPD and PTH change all the time ;-) )-there are issues with the AP/ATHR not considering user entered speeds in the FMC (legs page) In my case, the FMC entered holding speed of 220kts was not considered at all and the AP/ATHR decided to keep his desired SPD... *g*-the displays can not be un-docked, I think(! not sure on this)...............-the displays are wonderfull - smooth, readable, the best VC in my opinion (carefull: no virtual cabin though and the FMC has to be used from a 2d window)-the interaction with co-pilot, ground and flight-attendants is also fantastic (just had the MID and AFT attendant station call me because I set the temp to 30

Why should I?Never liked the 767, it's my least favourite Boeing.And having just purchased the PSS Concorde I'm busy learning the lawndart anyway (just had my first successfull landing, after trying about half a dozen times).

Guest Stefan Bergert

Hi Marck,don't have FSINN, don't have any special wx-programms, don't use any special stuff (2nd monitor, external MCP),I got the 3.45 FSUIPC (quite current) and don't have problems with any other add-ons.Stefan

Guest bigun

Guys,I purchased PIC1 just a short time before FS9 was released and never really got into it because I had very little experience with heavies or complex add-ons at that time. After getting FS9 I got very deep into the complex add-ons when the PMDG737 was released and purchased everything out there since then including RFP2, the Flight1 ATR, Flight1 727 etc. They are all fantastic products but you have raised the bar even more. I just flew my first short flight (KATL-KMIA) to see how things went. Other than the very slight problem with the GS capture that has already been addressed, this thing was PERFECT! I have been studying the manual since you released the beta version so I felt very "at home" in it and was able to program the FMC, etc without a hitch. From the incredibly detailed systems, to the flex wings, to the flight model, lighting, visual model, etc. You have done an unbelievable job. My congratulations to the developers, publishers and last, but certainly not least, the beta testers, for which I know from personal experience were instrumental in producing as near to a perfect initial release as I have ever seen.Thanks again,

Absence of a virtual cabin disappointing. While I guess that isn't going to mean much to the purists, it is one feature I do like about the PMDG 737NG. This will probably make me hesitate a bit before getting out the credit card yet again.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

>Why should I?>Never liked the 767, it's my least favourite Boeing.>>And having just purchased the PSS Concorde I'm busy learning>the lawndart anyway (just had my first successfull landing,>after trying about half a dozen times).Then why did you bother to post on this thread? :-roll

Eric 

I like cabins too (at least the option to use one) but I am really very pleased that Level D decided to add a pair of wings to the virtual cockpit. I wasn't sure that they were planning to do this but they did. :-)With the virtual wings included, which seem to be fully operable (moving flaps, spoilers, etc.) btw, I can use active camera to set up some cool, preset wing views. I particulary enjoy wing views during replay, when often I just want to sit back and just enjoy the flight and the scenery from interesting perspectives such as wing view.So, at least the included VC wings give you a good perspective "as if" you were in a cabin. Plus, they have very little impact on frame rate, unlike a full virtual cabin. :-)

Bruce, the Capt Sim 767 series has been anounced and that will have a virtual cabin as well as a plethora of versions and liveries, so it may be worht hesitating a bit longer to see how that one compares

To counter the claim that everyone MUST buy it. Maybe 767s fans should, for others there's no need.

Way to go, Jeroen!!!I also just made a Concorde landing at - guess: SCTE, rwy 17, weather from the 22nd...I just HAD to get it right :)Be seeing ya,Sven Sorensen, EKCH

I got it immediately after it's released and have had now problems at all except a Gear warning light that doesn't appear to be working correctly (Could still be me just not following procedure or leaving a step out).I have had three flights on-line using the FSInn beat, again with no problems.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

Guest av84fun

That's ridiculous. "Must have" or "Must buy" are just figures of speach intended to be a high compliment...not an "order."