Sign in to follow this  
jetsflier

What is your favorite PMDG plane?

Favorite PMDG Aircraft  

264 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite PMDG aicraft?

This is a question that I can't answer. The 737NGX and 777 are my favorites.

I love these responses, keep 'em coming guys!

I'm very surprised to see so many NGX fans voting for the NGX over the T7 though! I expected to be in the minority!

I was the one early vote for the J41, but it seems I'm not alone. It was a close run thing between the J41 and the MD but the J41 got there by a nose by virtue of the fact that it is a lot more hands on than the others (major selling point of the J41) and can get into a lot more airports than the MD. NGX probably has more hours combined over the four models than the MD and J41 together (J41 has the most of any single model though), but that's because I went on a RW airline route flying stint for a while. NGX is a bus. Nothing against it and I enjoy flying it. But it's not the same. T7 not in the hanger yet. Probably will be a couple of weeks after the SP/300 rush has died down a bit.

It was a bit of a hard choice choosing between the T7 or the NGX. I chose the T7 for its wind data import feature, but learned a lot about tubeliners from the NGX.

777. It's pretty much the pinnacle of flight sim. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

NGX. Though if the MD11 was updated a bit more to the NGX standard, it would be my winner.

Hello all,

I created this thread to see what PMDG planes are the most popular. I posted only the aircraft available for FSX.

Please vote above, and if you want to, justify below.

I'll start!

I love the PMDG 737NGX. I really do love the PMDG 777, but there's something about how immersed I am in the NGX that I can't seem to get in the T7, for some reason! Therefore, my favorite is definitely the NGX, with the T7 in incredibly close 2nd.

This is exactly how I feel, there is something about the ngx, and I think its the cabin layout/appearance that kind of makes it seem more real and alive than the 777, the cabin of the 777 is much more intuitive, organized, and clean, and its also a more automated aircraft overall and it has more details than the ngx too but 737 wins for me by a slight bit. Also, I just love how great it is to manually land the ngx using the HUD, thats a big plus and something that cannot be done on the 777 by design.

NGX. Though if the MD11 was updated a bit more to the NGX standard, it would be my winner.

True, I really wish somebody would make just a vc textures upgrade for the MD-11, nothing else, and it would be so much better.

There have been a lot of releases i was interested about along the years... movies, programs, games, books, etc. But there has been only one release I stayed up until 4am for: the release of the NGX.

Even flying a sim i can understand why pilots like this plane so much. It may be a bus, but it kinda feels like a sports bus, if you know what i mean.

Also, it's one of only two modern Boeing airliners without a boring beige interior. What were they thinking? The 747, 757, 767, 777 all have that silly interior color. I'm glad they decided to leave it out of the 787.

Cristi Neagu

Hello guys,

I fly the MD11 and the NGX and I voted NGX because of its superior "design". The immersion is fantastic though I really prefer long-haul flights. Too bad for the MD which is a fantastic aircraft but looks a bit outdated visually speaking.

Now waiting for the 77W. I guess it will be soon top of my list. B)

Cheers,

Alex

Right now it's the NG - it's the only plane I fly at the moment and also have flown for the past two years. However, that's untill I get my 777 box after SP1 is out to fly my beloved freighter.

The JS4100. Hands down the best thing they have done.

I am still heart broken that I have heard it may never see the light of day for P3Dv2 though.

I miss that plane so much.

I'm very surprised to see so many NGX fans voting for the NGX over the T7 though! I expected to be in the minority!

Believe it or not, the 777 is actually my least favorite.

Yes, it's capable, yes, it's modern, yes, PMDG methods are groundbreaking... but... it's just a 777.

For me, it's like a supermodel. Not bad to look at, men all over the world would go crazy for her, but she just isn't my type. I'd take a picture for the bragging rights and move on.

I like the 747. It's dated now, but when it came out what must be 8 or so years ago now (wow.), it was amazing. Never before did an addon give you that much of a feeling of occasion, not even RfP 200 (sidenote: now that is an addon I would throw all the money at: a PMDG quality 742!). It really was like nothing else.

I really like the MD-11. Somehow manages not to look too dated even next to the 777 - both the aircraft and the addon. Very capable, like 777, but unlike 777, has character. A quirky one, but a loveable one. It's like owning a Saab - most people don't get it - but every once in a while you notice a person looking at your car with that smile... and you just know they know.

Also has the right number of engines. (Sidenote: somehow, it's predecessor, the DC-10, doesn't really do anything for me... but a nice Tristar... I would throw even more money at that as I would throw at a 742.)

The Jetstream. Very nice, very british, small, shortrange turboprop. It is great fun to fly, but takes just a tiny bit too much effort and knowledge to fit my schedule.

The NGX. All things considered... this one could probably be called my favourite addon. The everpresent, dependable 737NG in all its glory. And all it's grandfathered character, unlike any other modern jet. Switches that actually switch, knobs that actually knob. Flight controls that actually control. Elegant wingleted shape. A dark blue SkyEurope repaint. Repaint of the scheme I always liked so much to watch roll towards me as they came on NE151 from LTN - the one I would stay overtime without compensation for. A Travel Service scheme, the one that swooped in after another two of the typically shortlived local charter outfits folded in one year. A Ryanair scheme - the one that let me see Europe for peanuts. A Malev scheme - the mainstay of 737 in the Eastern Europe, another one of the once proud airlines, driven into ground by bad management and politics.

And it gets almost anywhere. Capable of squeezing into tiny fields with under a mile of runway, yet capable of flights longer than I am capable of. PMDG technology at its best.The plane that made me switch sims...

knobs that actually knob

I don't say this often, but LOL  :lol:

The plane that made me switch sims

I forgot about that in my post. Yeah, come to think of it, it made me go from FS9 to FSX aswell.

Cristi Neagu