Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

17JUN14 - Scheduling and General Updates

All the best Martin

Martin, could you pls. be so kind and try to reprogram Darren's positronic matrix, as well?

Guys, let's be clear about this, it took decades of research and alien technology stolen from Area 51, before I was able to master the positronic matrix. Do you guys realise what an achievement that was? Yes, I ended up with Star Trek's Lore instead of Data, but at least I still created something resembling the 100 billion neurons that make up the human brain. I deserve a bloody Nobel prize to be honest.

I'm afraid I was only able to create the artificial life form known as Kyle, Darren must have been someone else's creation. I could try to beam new code across the air waves and tweak Darren's brain, but the consequences could be disastrous for the human race.

Kyle is powered by energy extracted from the quantum Vacuum. Yes that's right, zero point energy breakthroughs are child's play for me, I perfected that when I was 5. I'm pretty sure Darren is powered in a similar fashion. Problem is, if I attempt to tweak his matrix and I get one line of code wrong, the algorithm that controls his quantum field generator could extract way too much energy and we would have a singularity on our hands. If that happens, you won't be worrying about service packs or anything to be honest.

Guys, let's be clear about this, it took decades of research and alien technology stolen from Area 51, before I was able to master the positronic matrix. Do you guys realise what an achievement that was? Yes, I ended up with Star Trek's Lore instead of Data, but at least I still created something resembling the 100 billion neurons that make up the human brain. I deserve a bloody Nobel prize to be honest.

I'm afraid I was only able to create the artificial life form known as Kyle, Darren must have been someone else's creation. I could try to beam new code across the air waves and tweak Darren's brain, but the consequences could be disastrous for the human race.

Kyle is powered by energy extracted from the quantum Vacuum. Yes that's right, zero point energy breakthroughs are child's play for me, I perfected that when I was 5. I'm pretty sure Darren is powered in a similar fashion. Problem is, if I attempt to tweak his matrix and I get one line of code wrong, the algorithm that controls his quantum field generator could extract way too much energy and we would have a singularity on our hands. If that happens, you won't be worrying about service packs or anything to be honest.

I just ran this by Google Translate and I got an error message.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I'm assuming that's directed at me. If so, it had nothing to do with my relationship with PMDG. I've said similar in other forums, for other (sometimes competing) developers. I'll defend anyone I see getting a bad wrap by someone who isn't using logic in their arguments.

I wish Ryan or someone would take care of this guy, especially after the remarks he made regarding ROSS surgery. At least a ban until the SP comes out to keep him quiet.

Hopefully now that Darren knows how SP's work around here and the time it takes he will not buy anymore PMDG products or refrain from buying them until their first SP is released.

Jim Burke

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Henceforth, I am going to refrain from responding to trolling.

Henceforth, I am going to refrain from responding to trolling.

Smart move! I don't even bother really asking questions anymore, too many trolls. A couple in particular are on my blocklist and to be honest, the forum posts are a lot nicer to read without their input.

Making a general statement though, it would be nice if everyone was a little more thoughtful when it comes to discussions. Not everyone has the time to visit daily/weekly, not everyone is hugely knowledgeable on the T7/aviation and info sharing should be the goal. 

However stupid a question sounds, put yourself in the shoes of the person asking, it could be the difference between someone giving up or someone developing a passion for an industry we all love.

I’ve spent 5+ years in aviation with some experience in the technical operations field, heck even I’m still learning!

Wes, I think we should do a vatsim flight when the 77W is released?

That took second place on my list of things that made my day (first was news that I got a new day job, so that one would be pretty tough to beat).

I’ve spent 5+ years in aviation with some experience in the technical operations field, heck even I’m still learning!

Same.  I know I come across as a know-it-all to some people around here, but I'm constantly picking things up from people.

Kyle Rodgers

Same.  I know I come across as a know-it-all to some people around here, but I'm constantly picking things up from people.

Oh heck yes. It's amazing the difference in perspectives too. Some of the RW pilots on here have some great knowledge to share, but it's interesting to see a slightly different perspective.

There have been many instances where there has been some misinformation provided in topics (usually conjecture about why something is done this way etc). Being aviation, I cant exactly correct them (due to NDA).

Smart move! I don't even bother really asking questions anymore, too many trolls. A couple in particular are on my blocklist and to be honest, the forum posts are a lot nicer to read without their input.

Making a general statement though, it would be nice if everyone was a little more thoughtful when it comes to discussions. Not everyone has the time to visit daily/weekly, not everyone is hugely knowledgeable on the T7/aviation and info sharing should be the goal. 

However stupid a question sounds, put yourself in the shoes of the person asking, it could be the difference between someone giving up or someone developing a passion for an industry we all love.

Wes, I think we should do a vatsim flight when the 77W is released?

Sounds like a plan Mark! I was gonna do a bit of offline testing to get a feel for the 77W and then go for a spin on Vatsim.

Sounds like a plan Mark! I was gonna do a bit of offline testing to get a feel for the 77W and then go for a spin on Vatsim.

Send me a PM with contact details and we'll go from there.

In terms of testing for me, I'm planning an acceptance flight at Everett (hopefully my VA is expecting a 77W), then positioning to OMDB, then a trip from OMDB to YBBN/NZAA. I've already entered everything into simbrief. AIRAC/ASN/FS Realtime is all updated in preparation.

Right..........................

I'm assuming that's directed at me.  If so, it had nothing to do with my relationship with PMDG.  I've said similar in other forums, for other (sometimes competing) developers.  I'll defend anyone I see getting a bad wrap by someone who isn't using logic in their arguments.

Such a profound rebuttal, Darren....

The poise, the wit, the elegance.....

As far as the SP goes, I'd rather wait for a service pack that will fix most (if not all) of the major issues as well as a plethora of small, tiny minor ones then get dozens of service packs that never really seem to bring the product closer to perfection. I'll refrain from naming specific devs, but use your imagination.....

DarrenLiewWY is trying his best to get this thread locked...

No his not,  he is only posting to see what responses  he gets,  and he is doing  a good job of it. ^_^

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I wish Ryan or someone would take care of this guy, especially after the remarks he made regarding ROSS surgery. At least a ban until the SP comes out to keep him quiet.

(...)

Cats usually play with the mouse for a while before they finally kill it.   :rolleyes:

Lets say it all together "we will not respond to Trolls" now repeat several times.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]