Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Weird start issue.

Lately every single time I have had to restart FSX after starting up a flight. It will go through the normal loading process of loading a flight, only instead of the typical black screen surrounding the loading window, it will be clear. The flight will load, then minimize. I will be unable to make fsx into a full window. The only thing I can do is just exit fsx, and restart again. This is annoying I didn't use to have to do this. I've not done anything to FSX's settings in a very long time, and wondered if anyone had any previous experience with this particular bug? This only started recently, and happens every time I start FSX. The second time, there are no problems at all with the game.

Lately every single time I have had to restart FSX after starting up a flight. It will go through the normal loading process of loading a flight, only instead of the typical black screen surrounding the loading window, it will be clear. The flight will load, then minimize. I will be unable to make fsx into a full window. The only thing I can do is just exit fsx, and restart again. This is annoying I didn't use to have to do this. I've not done anything to FSX's settings in a very long time, and wondered if anyone had any previous experience with this particular bug? This only started recently, and happens every time I start FSX. The second time, there are no problems at all with the game.

My FSX has been doing exactly the same thing for some time (except if I start on my default flight) and I have no idea why this suddenly started happening!

Rather than restarting FSX however you have a couple of options available:

(1) Open WIndows Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Delete), right click on FSX and select Maximize

or

(2) Double click the small vertical bar at the right hand end of your taskbar

Both of these will bring the FSX window back so that you don't have to restart, but I too would really like to know why this problem started happening in the first place and how to prevent it!!

Bill

Thanks, it is rather annoying to go through the process more than once. Do you use REX by any chance to start FSX with?

Alt+Enter works for me.

First I make sure FSX has "focus".

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Not sure if this helps but I had something like this a few weeks back after changing between DX10 and DX9, and playing with NVidia Control Panel and NVidia Inspector.

First I went Back to NVidia Control Panel and in the FSX profile, chose to "Restore" the base setup.

Then in fsx.cfg I found that the Location entry in Main was set to an odd value, DISPLAY7. I removed the line and started FSX; no problems since.

[Main]
Location=359,220,1561,980,\\.\DISPLAY1

Regards

Steve

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

hi mate ...just click on the screen.if you have engines running for instance you will be able to hear them.

easy as that

steve

Have you rebuilt your FSX.cfg? This fixes most problems with FSX startup. Just move FSX.cfg to another folder or rename it to fsx.orig then restart FSX.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks, it is rather annoying to go through the process more than once. Do you use REX by any chance to start FSX with?

No I don't use Rex.

Bill

The problem seems to have something to do with the fact that I run two monitors, and fsx seems to keep starting in the wrong one, and if I go full screen it goes full screen between the two.