Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

FSX Fiber Accelerator?

Disconnected from the sim rate - not being synchronised with a constantly changing unlimited. :rolleyes:

Try the panning exercise I emphasised above in unlimited mode and see how it feels unable to turn freely.

Anyway, if the app can smooth out the overall fps it's a winner.

Steve, I think you missed my question entirely. You wrote "Using the fixed setting makes the controls feel asynchronous." If using "unlimited" is "asynchronous," then "fixed" has to be "synchronous..."

I'm not challenging your conclusions, just the possible typographical error. B)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The emphasis was on being connected to the unlimited fps Bill, I urge you to re-read my comments.

Asynchrony, in the general meaning, is the state of not being synchronized.

Synchronized; cause to occur or operate at the same time or rate.

You are inferring as in 'a constant rate' Bill, (probably because i'm also mentioning fixed fps), whereas I am referring to 'at the same time'. As in the control 'feeling' is stuck to the changing rate of unlimited.

...anyway let's hope that's not detracted from my point which was trying to say consistent fps is best and "if the app can smooth out the overall fps it's a winner"

:smile:

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

ISSUE

Microsoft Net Frame

Can someone please clear up the ambiguity related to whether or not a user MUST have Microsoft's NET Framework 3.5 SP1?

I have NET Framework 4.5.1. 

I have an older computer that started out with Net Frame 2.0 or something similar, and it has been updated over the years to its present state.  Does this mean that elements of 3.5 are still on my computer and making it so that this software will run properly which it appears to do.

Or, is it absolutely imperative that 3.5 SP1 MUST be on ANY computer for this to work?

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Thanks for the tip, that's probably what my problem is with it, I'll give it another shot. Just to be clear though, ae you saying turn off VSYNC completely, or just don't use the 1/2 refresh option?

You can try with both VSync on and off to see what is working best for you.

Just don't limit the framerate otherwise than in FSX itself.

And don't set the maximum framerate to Unlimited.

I myself have set the maximum framerate to 30 in FSX and as lowest in FSX FA.

In NVI I use VSync forced on, but will try with off also the next following days.

This is better for my bankaccount than buying new hardware for los of money , just to have a higher lowest framerate...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

ISSUE

Microsoft Net Frame

Can someone please clear up the ambiguity related to whether or not a user MUST have Microsoft's NET Framework 3.5 SP1?

I have NET Framework 4.5.1.

I have an older computer that started out with Net Frame 2.0 or something similar, and it has been updated over the years to its present state. Does this mean that elements of 3.5 are still on my computer and making it so that this software will run properly which it appears to do.

Or, is it absolutely imperative that 3.5 SP1 MUST be on ANY computer for this to work?

Bryan

Look into Control Panel / Programs / Turn Windows features on or off

Do you have DotNet 3.5 there and if so check the 2 entries.

Download Sp1 for DotNet 3.5 and install it.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I have tried the demo at Squamish with everything turned on and the A2A Cherokee. This is the worst performing scenario that I have. On the runway looking north I get 8 or 9 fps. If I turn on the accelerator those numbers will increase by about 3 to 4 frames. In heavy scenarios I can see this helping. The simulator seemed smooth but I did notice that my scenery wasn't fully loading and roads became blurry. Even if I paused the simulator the scenery would not clear up. Once I turned off the accelerator the scenery would clear up. I followed the manual step by step. I have used all my demo time and I'm not convinced that this is worth $40 so I will wait and see what others experience before I will buy.  I have a I7 930 not OC and a 760 video card.    Josh

Similar experience as noted in my earlier post except that while I did not some blurries that popped back in focus, I was getting this experience anyway, but now I can actually fly this area when before I couldn't.  Once I shut off some of the most demanding elements with the control panel I got rid of the blurries and had a better flying experience as well.

Near CAM3

.Net major versions (i.e. 2, 3, 4) are NOT BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE. It's possible and quite probable if you are a FS users to have all three versions of .Net installed. As has been posted a couple of times by the developer in this thread, a new installer is being made that will make sure all prerequisites are met at the point of install, it will even point you to the downloads to remedy the situation if something is missing from your PC.

Cheers, Andy.

Gerard

Do you mean this?

ZkUJ.th.jpg

Near CAM3

Hi all again,

NEW VERSION 1.1

Commercial full version:

Direct link: Full 1.1 version

Demo link: At the product description: 

-----------

Fixes:

- Users (mostly with win 7) updated .net to 4.5 may had lost parts of " System.Management I.O. " from old .net 2.0 , so application was crashing with no apparent reason. Override of the function with new logic : Fixed

- Auto Updater now works

- Minor GUI fixes.

---------

To be fair with those who lost the ability to 'play' with the demo due to problems, we re-packed it , so you now have another 5 x 60 minutes, even you who used it w/o problems...

Use it wisely ;)

EDIT: Damn it,  Andy! Users are now faster than the developer :D

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg

Wait... so I've been using FSX for a few years, dealing with okay (sometimes low) FPS, and then FSPS comes along and fixes these problems? I'm a believer!!! FSPS, if you're reading this, you are currently revolutionizing the FSX world as we know it. The last thing I want to do is switch to P3D. Just a few questions that probably have been cleared up:

Has the FSX license (previously owned by Microsoft) been signed over to you?

Where's your official website?

Whether the above question is answered, do you plan to do continuous work on FSX, and release it to the public? I don't mean some small add-on. I mean, are you going to keep doing serious stuff deep in the works of FSX the can change the simulator as it is?

If questions one and/or three have answers along the lines of yes, then I will be ecstatic!!!!

So, FSPS... thank you.

Joe.

Oh, and because we found out that users who had installed net 4.5 in win 7, MAY have some core elements of .net 2 - let's say "overwritten" , and as a result application crash with apparently no reason, we are preparing an update that will handle this issue. Stay tuned.

Please make an announcement when update will be done. I too wasted my demo with CLR20r3 issue. Win7 x64 HomePremium

Edit: Oops...  :blush:

If questions one and/or three have answers along the lines of yes, then I will be ecstatic!!!!

^_^  Don't be  :lol:

@Jettix .. 2 posts above mate !

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg

I want to give this a try but I've already got a tweaked FSX cfg running with an external FPS limiter (got that from Bojotes website). Would I need to work with a fresh cfg or can I use this in tandem with all the manual tweaks I've already got?

I'm having an issue.... When installing, it says "Error creating file:" C:\Users\[My User]\Appdata\Local\Temp\AITMP971\aifile.cab.

Then, as soon as I press the okay selection, it says I/O error 103.

From there, the installation is stuck on C:\Program Files (x86)\FSPS\FSX Fiber Accelerator\Manual.pdf.

The installation no longer proceeds from there. :(.

Can you provide any help, please? Thanks.

Joe.