Sign in to follow this  
styckx

Gone for a bit, back and one question

I ditched out of the "scene" at P3D v2 initial release.. I couldn't tolerate all the bugs.. I skipped P3D 2.1 and finally installed v2.2..  

Couple things.

The Windows 8 Jotystick disconnect is STILL not fixed? How is this possible through two point releases? Annoying having to spend my first 15 minutes installing and mapping my hardware to FSUIPC again. 

Second.. Am I crazy or is the blurries problem worse than it was with FSX now? I remember with v2 initial release the blurries were rare, and completely able to be controlled.  Spare me the AffinityMask stuff. Been there..  Done it.. Know it like the back of my hand. Same with the Fiber Frame garbage.. The blurries are just a constant. Anyone who remembers me knows I'm sensible and don't slide everything right.. Been around since Prepar3D 1.4 was released and know with each version the settings in P3D are not even close to the same as FSX..  I'm running a Vanilla setup with a couple Carenado props..  No addon scenery or any of that jazz. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

For me, affinity mask = 15 on an i5-3570K (4 core - no ht) = No blurries.  My only tweak now and I am enjoying the flying.

LM says that next version/patch will turn on all cores by default and then I will not need the affinity tweak.

:rolleyes:

What kind of a GPU you running?  I find a lot of folks here playing with very outdated stuff.

Jim

You can click My PC under my avatar and see.. 

Yep.. Tried AF 15, 14, 84, and 85, and Vanilla.. No dice.. Garbage blurry textures taking 9000 years to load...  I refuse to go down redundant tweaking boulevard again. I can't believe in 2014 this stupid engine still doesn't run correctly out of the box.   Will probably just delete it again until someone codes it for people who actually just want to install and fly..   Enough of the Tweaking Simulator..  

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Try XP10 -sometging different

I run all three sims with FSX as my primary.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

You can click My PC under my avatar and see.. 

Yep.. Tried AF 15, 14, 84, and 85, and Vanilla.. No dice.. Garbage blurry textures taking 9000 years to load...  I refuse to go down redundant tweaking boulevard again. I can't believe in 2014 this stupid engine still doesn't run correctly out of the box.   Will probably just delete it again until someone codes it for people who actually just want to install and fly..   Enough of the Tweaking Simulator..  

Put this in the beginning of your virgin p3d.cfg file - your ram is quite low and your not running an ssd - well thats not helping things

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=244
[bufferPools]
UsePools=0

Rich Sennett

your ram is quite low

What does this even matter? (and 8GB isn't "quite low") You have no idea what you're even talking about. Stop it. It's a terrible 32Bit app that skirts the boundaries of its 4GB VAS limit as it is. Your 16GB of RAM is a complete waste if you bought it exclusively for P3D. And a SSD isn't going to help render textures any faster.   Please don't even start with the hardware blaming.. The simulator is optimized terribly. 

"The simulator is optimized terribly."

I agree with you but nothing we can do about it 

"You have no idea what you're even talking about."

:LMAO:

Rich Sennett

"You have no idea what you're even talking about."

:LMAO:

You laugh but you're the one telling me a system with 8GB of RAM for a 32Bit app is "quite low".   

Anyway.. This dead weight is getting deleted again.. Lockheed Martin yet again fail to deliver..  

Its a shame you have not given it more time Bill - I know its tweaking again but worth it in P3D as things will get better over time - I felt the same way about fsx would never load it again so I do have an idea where your coming from, I also thought P3D would be turn key but no such luck buy I have it now where it is very enjoyable and never tweaking my cfg file other than what I told you to do and a great NI profile I have

Rich Sennett

Not worth my time.. I don't want to be one of those users who just hang around here and having nothing but negative things to say..  Believe me.. I gave it a chance.. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED 1.4 and I more than tolerated the initial v2 release for far longer than I should have.  I just can't subject myself to  OCD over the performance of a simulator sitting on a 30 some year old Frankenstein engine.  It's time to Old Yeller this engine and start over.. 

Not worth my time.. I don't want to be one of those users who just hang around here and having nothing but negative things to say..  Believe me.. I gave it a chance.. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED 1.4 and I more than tolerated the initial v2 release for far longer than I should have.  I just can't subject myself to  OCD over the performance of a simulator sitting on a 30 some year old Frankenstein engine.  It's time to Old Yeller this engine and start over.. 

Got yah but man most have a ton of money invested in this dinosaur 

Rich Sennett

Got yah but man most have a ton of money invested in this dinosaur 

Yeah I understand that. I have about a grand in various stuff too but.. Eh.. I let it go once already.. I've already accepted it a write off at this point.. I'll check back at 2.3 but by the looks of what I saw in the previews they are just duct taping more eye candy attachments on to it.  New features are useless if no one can use them efficiently. Just going to further stress the limits of an app that is already on the brink of collapsing on itself. I get future proofing but good lord. They are seriously asking a lot of a 32Bit app. They need to ditch the fake fullscreen because until then there will never be SLI.. SLI can not run in a window and fullscreen in Prepar3D is just a borderless window.  And this thing should have been 64Bit the same time they flipped it to DX11.  It's mind boggling it's still 32Bit.. 

Anyway.. Good luck! :)

Yeah I understand that. I have about a grand in various stuff too but.. Eh.. I let it go once already.. I've already accepted it a write off at this point.. I'll check back at 2.3 but by the looks of what I saw in the previews they are just duct taping more eye candy attachments on to it.  New features are useless if no one can use them efficiently. Just going to further stress the limits of an app that is already on the brink of collapsing on itself. I get future proofing but good lord. They are seriously asking a lot of a 32Bit app. They need to ditch the fake fullscreen because until then there will never be SLI.. SLI can not run in a window and fullscreen in Prepar3D is just a borderless window.  And this thing should have been 64Bit the same time they flipped it to DX11.  It's mind boggling it's still 32Bit.. 

Anyway.. Good luck! :)

"SLI can not run in a window and fullscreen in Prepar3D is just a borderless window.  "

Dam did not know that - not good - as for 2.3 not looking very impressive so far from what I have heard so this is my last ditch effort and hoping for the best but as you say may not be achievable 

Rich Sennett

SLI won't benefit P3D much unless they give all the pilots flame-throwing magic broadswords and long hairy beards.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com