Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

09JUL14 - Release Planning for PMDG 777-200LR/F SP1 & 300ER

Who gave you the right to come in here giving it the big one,is no one else allowed an opinion

It is a fanbase thing going around here. Give your negative opinion on something and you will be flamed!

I really count my blessings I am still in high school and have pretty much the whole summer to enjoy this thing when it comes out. I feel bad for those who are working in the real world and have to struggle to find time to try the SP1/300ER expansion when it is finally released.

Jim Keeran

My guess is we are looking at a mid-november release, perhaps black friday. I'm having too much fun flying the NGX anyways. 

It's almost been one year since the 200LR came out.  One year to fix bugs, and develop the 300.  Is it worth it?  Sure.  Is it too long of a wait?  If it was just SP1 maybe.  It's in the eye of the beholder.  What do you think?

My guess is we are looking at a mid-november release, perhaps black friday. I'm having too much fun flying the NGX anyways. 

YES!  Still love it so much.  My buddy and I were talking about how it's the best plane, but starting to look a little dated.  Doing WN1090 right now.  

I think when it's done without bugs is when it should be released, however long it may take. Back to the NGX, not outdated at all. I purchased actual aircraft manuals to learn the NGX. It would be top-notch with weather radar.

I think when it's done without bugs is when it should be released, however long it may take. Back to the NGX, not outdated at all. I purchased actual aircraft manuals to learn the NGX. It would be top-notch with weather radar.

If you're referring to my comment, it is based on textures inside the cockpit alone, and we came to the conclusion after many hours playing in the brand new 777 and airbus.  They are a LITTLE outdated.  It's still my #1 flown aircraft in my sim.  

If it were a game to generate sales they would be much better off to release early and unfinished, start working on the next project and then put out multiple patches.  I just don't see much evidence that PMDG works this way.  They seem to be more concerned with getting it right (or a close as they can) and then release.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

If it were a game to generate sales they would be much better off to release early and unfinished, start working on the next project and then put out multiple patches.  I just don't see much evidence that PMDG works this way.  They seem to be more concerned with getting it right (or a close as they can) and then release.

Of course, for sure.  It's kind of like Microsoft who releases a new OS every few years vs Company X who releases a product then updates it promptly, but 100 times over the course of a few months.  Microsoft promptly addresses bugs via their Microsoft Update.  Now, WE have an updater via the Ops centre.  

I'm just wondering what the consensus is here regarding the time between updates.  Almost been a year.  From what I've read people are pretty inpatient.  There are a bunch of us who I know don't care how long it takes because we know the quality to expect.  

Could you please stop this useless debate? They said 15-18 and 15-18 will be! Period!

James Goggi

Vatsim with full 300ER aircarts in coming time.

Source please?

spacer.png

Could you please stop this useless debate? They said 15-18 and 15-18 will be! Period!

Who are you even talking to?

LOL...says the fella reading 9 pages of this thread and posting.  :-D

spacer.png

LOL...says the fella reading 9 pages of this thread and posting.  :-D

What debate is he talking about?  Did I miss something?  

I doubt it will be delayed. The first post in this very thread states that they anticipated the final build of the airplane within 24-36hrs which worked out as 2 days ago. I wouldn't think there could be any significant delay with a date being given and all the testing that has no doubt been going on. You have to remember even the installers need testing and proper integration into Ops centre which needs to install everything correctly so that is quite a significant job to do in just a few days.

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

It will be out when it is out. It is pretty bad that they took 10 months trying to perfect it, I would rather have had at 3 months ago with a few minor outstanding bugs.

You all do need to realize that this is the first time they have given us a date, so they must be pretty sure that they are finished. However, if it is not released in that time period, credibility will likely be lost.