Sign in to follow this  
Luke160388

How to install SP1

Is it really more beneficial to uninstall the current version and reinstall a fresh SP1 build? Does it make a difference?

Jumping the gun there mate, instructions will accompany the SP1 release. My guess is that it will be an executable that updates the current version, which will have to be installed for updating.

Dan Downs KCRP

It was mentioned in the update thread by other members. Im just curious if it's true that a clean install will reduce potential problems.

It was mentioned in the update thread by other members. Im just curious if it's true that a clean install will reduce potential problems.

It will be delivered via the Ops Center. I don't think that SP1 will include the base code. You will have to have the -200LRF RTM installed, and then the SP1 installed on top of that if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure if reinstalling will limit issues, as that doesn't make sense if you have to install SP1 over the base anyways...

Absolutely.  We do it on every build.  Kinda sucks, but a full uninstall (done properly) really helps to avoid conflicts and errors.

Kyle Rodgers

Absolutely.  We do it on every build.  Kinda sucks, but a full uninstall (done properly) really helps to avoid conflicts and errors.

I agree Kyle. That is what I did with the NGX. I better slap 5 bucks down of extended download then.

Quick question, as my memory is failing :) how long does the link remain available after you send a ticket to request a link ? I was thinking of doing it early next week ( the ext download) to beat the rush.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I agree Kyle. That is what I did with the NGX. I better slap 5 bucks down of extended download then.

Quick question, as my memory is failing :) how long does the link remain available after you send a ticket to request a link ? I was thinking of doing it early next week ( the ext download) to beat the rush.

Dunno.  I always just save all of my installers.  Old habit from the old way of things: never threw away CDs I thought I'd use again; never throw away installers that I think I'll use again.

Kyle Rodgers

Dunno. I always just save all of my installers

So do I  but  when the sp1 is released you need to download  the full rtm version if  you want to install from scratch instead of just installing the sp1  over your original version you got  installed. To do this you need to pay the 5 dollars re download link again if your original link has expired of course.( my link expires in 55 days so iam hoping the sp1  is released before it expires :) )

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

So do I  but  when the sp1 is released you need to download  the full rtm version if  you want to install from scratch instead of just installing the sp1  over your original version you got  installed. To do this you need to pay the 5 dollars re download link again if your original link has expired of course.( my link expires in 55 days so iam hoping the sp1  is released before it expires :) )

That is what I meant, I think Kyle mis understood me.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Yea  that's what I thought  just have to wait and see when it  come out  hopefully before my link runs out,   saves me  5  dollars lol, need that extra 5  dollars for my retirement fund

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

What about buying the PMDG777 after SP1 release? Would it be included?

Yea  that's what I thought  just have to wait and see when it  come out  hopefully before my link runs out,   saves me  5  dollars lol, need that extra 5  dollars for my retirement fund

LOL 5 bucks is 5 bucks

yes once the sp1 is released  and  than you purchased it, it be up to date

Peter kelberg

What about buying the PMDG777 after SP1 release? Would it be included?

Should be

Looking at my 777 order confirmation/download instructions (I ordered on Jan 13, 2014) email, I have this:

Mark Fox

From:                                  PMDG Simulations, LLC. [DoNotReply@precisionmanuals.com]
Sent:                                   Monday, January 13, 2014 10:47
To:                                       XXXXX@XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Download Instructions for: PMDG 777-200LR/F Base Package for FSX
Download URL (This URL will expire in 365 days):

and

==========================================================
DOWNLOAD AND REGISTRATION INFORMATION FOLLOWS:
PRODUCT: PMDG 777-200LR/F Base Package
PLATFORM: FSX ONLY
RELEASED: SEP 2013
==========================================================

Under penalty of making an assumption, it appears to me that an extended download request may not be necessary as the original was released in September 2013 and 365 days have not expired since the release. In fact, I just checked the link from my order, and it is still valid for 185 days (since the date of my original purchase).

My assumption is that those downloads links will be updated with the full RTM including SP1 (with the caveat that I have zero facts to back up that assumption).

Mark Fox