Sign in to follow this  
masneoquil

SIDSTAR Converter for AISIDSTAR

Hello and thank you for your program.

I have a question about the folders created from the PMDG navdata. After the utility converts the files: 

1) Do I manually edit the AISIDSTAR.ini with the areas I want to fly in from the sample.cfg?

2) If I choose a new area to fly do I have to change the .ini file to a different folder? (For example: I do a test in the (Country A) at some airport. However, now I would like to do a flight in (Country B). Should I delete the info for Country A?

Thank you for any help you can provide!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Hello and thank you for your program.

I have a question about the folders created from the PMDG navdata. After the utility converts the files: 

1) Do I manually edit the AISIDSTAR.ini with the areas I want to fly in from the sample.cfg?

2) If I choose a new area to fly do I have to change the .ini file to a different folder? (For example: I do a test in the (Country A) at some airport. However, now I would like to do a flight in (Country B). Should I delete the info for Country A?

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Hello and thank you for your kind words.

1)Yes, you have to manually edit the ini file by adding any of the lines or all of them from the sample.cfg.

2)What I do, when it finish the conversion process, I open the sample.cfg, and I copy all the lines into each section (the  STAR lines into the STAR section, and the SID lines into the SID section).

Since all the lines are already commented, then you only have to remove the comment characters for the SID/STAR you want.

Then, when you are flying to another country, just comment again the lines you don't use and remove the comment character from the one you need.

I have to admit that is a little hard to manage cause there are a lot of lines but is the easiest one.

Hope it helps.

Hi,

Is it possible to use this tool with the default FSX files?

If yes, what files would be used?

Or if I had an AIRAC Cycle what would I use from there?

Hi,

Is it possible to use this tool with the default FSX files?

If yes, what files would be used?

Or if I had an AIRAC Cycle what would I use from there?

Hello Jim,

No, this tool will only convert the procedures from PMDG to the format needed by AISIDSTAR (now called AIController).

The files that uses are the ones inside the sidstar folder inside the PMDG folder. More specifically, the SID and STAR procedures from any AIRAC you have, but always in PMDG format.

Hi Matias, at first I want to say thank you for this very helpful tool!

I have a little idea for (possible) future versions: Maybe you can add an option to generate the sample file without the "//"?

In the past I let them all active, so I didn't had to activate/deactivate the airports I want before flying.

I've never seen any performance loss.

But I've written a little batch-file which removes all //, so it's no problem at all ;)

Sebi

Regards, Sebastian

I have a question for you gentlemen:

How hard would it be to write a little code that asks the user

A) Would you like to have SID/STAR control for AI in your departure area?

B ) Would you like to have SID/STAR control for AI in your arrival area?

or

C) Please select the following areas with active SID/STAR control over AI (Then a sub menu of available regions (folders))

D) Enable SID/STAR control of AI in all regions?

E) Disable SID/STAR control of AI in all regions?

or

F) Enable or disable regions manually? (Possible open the sample.cfg for editing by the user. Then ask "Are you sure?" before saving the changes)

The way it would work

For A) and B ) the program would look in the departure and or arrival folders in the sample .cfg and leave all "//" EXCEPT for the user requested departure and arrival. 

For C) the user can pick any folder to have the "//" removed regardless of actual flight route

For D) and E) take away all "//" or add all"//"

For F), open up notepad and allow edits.

The benefit: The computer is faster than a human at adding and removing // and it keeps the user out of the .cfg file (in case we mess something up!)

I'm not sure how the program would handle jet routes though, so the above may be a waste of electrons...

Anyway, thanks for looking!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I have a question for you gentlemen:

Hello Cory

Well, I'm not sure if you were thinking in the converter tool or AIController.

Anyway, I though on doing something like that at some point, but since at the end you need to copy the lines from the SampleCFG to the config ini file for AIController, I didn't do it.

I could manage to do something to give the user does options. It could be in another window, like a "config builder", or something like that.

Hey thanks for the program. I am totally lost but anyway, could you or someone put the links to all the videos on how to use this. For example, I am at Kennedy messing around but it seems all the traffic is going to the other new York area airports. I would like to be able to watch traffic come and maybe venture out and fly lol. Any help would be appreciated. I am 63 and my intellectual abilities are limited :) I am using ut2 in fsx and prepar3d v2.3 unless you recommend a different ai program

Have a great day!!!

Bob

Bob M

I'm trying to convert the PMDG sid stars using your program and it keeps crashing right after all the files are copied. The output folder shows a single airfield (Bagram) with a txt file in it but no others. Running windows 8.1, Navigraph PMDG data cycle 1412.

I'm trying to convert the PMDG sid stars using your program and it keeps crashing right after all the files are copied. The output folder shows a single airfield (Bagram) with a txt file in it but no others. Running windows 8.1, Navigraph PMDG data cycle 1412

What the error? Can you see it?

Can you post a screenshott of the window right after you click convert to look the options and paths you're using?

What the error? Can you see it?

Can you post a screenshott of the window right after you click convert to look the options and paths you're using?

The AIConv suggests its the airport.dat file. Screen shots attached

5b9p53.jpg2mr7k38.jpg

mmmm tricky. I tested on Windows 8 and it finished correctly.

Can you tale a screenshot of the error window or the log in the event viewer if there is a log there?