Sign in to follow this  
Pantera87

Weather Radar not working with ASN

I took a look in the 77X_debug_log.txt and saw "readPrecipData: Previous cycle not finished." 284 times in the log.

I have that same message in my log file four times in a row. I still have not solved the problem, but maybe that message will help shed some light on the problem. 

Having the same no wx radar painting on the ND. My Log.txt has 150 of this    "SimConnect message queue is too long, passing control back to FSX"

Update systems:
01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 44 45 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 35a36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 51b 52 53 54 55 
Further update logging skipped.
SimConnect message queue is too long, passing control back to FSX

I installed the XGuage, but I'm still not getting any returns on the weather radar whatsoever. 

Installing XGuage only dosent fix the issue, you will need to follow the rest of the steps in reinstalling FSUIPC and then giving it a try

Reinstall FSUIPC, Delete the .ini file, Restart you PC, Fireup ASN then FSX and load the aircraft at some airport with bad wx then try turning on the WX radar and seeing if your getting anything

Aaqib Afzal

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg

Odd, I was getting returns without ASN running. Fresh boot of the system, ASN hasn't been running yet.

NRN2ruh.jpg

Did this. It did Not work for us.

Installing XGuage only dosent fix the issue, you will need to follow the rest of the steps in reinstalling FSUIPC and then giving it a try

Reinstall FSUIPC, Delete the .ini file, Restart you PC, Fireup ASN then FSX and load the aircraft at some airport with bad wx then try turning on the WX radar and seeing if your getting anything

Thanks for that clarification,  That is a much more manageable size.  I was wondering if Active Sky Next can be installed on the  2nd hard drive.  Win 7, FSX and all associated files are on SSD.  Can I install ASN on 2nd hard drive?  If so is there anything I need to do. 

Paul Gugliotta

Odd, I was getting returns without ASN running. Fresh boot of the system, ASN hasn't been running yet.

NRN2ruh.jpg

See intro manual SP1 supplement.

All I had to do is set the clouds in FSX from simple to detailed. Not sure how it effects the issue but now I'm seeing returns properly on the ND.

Cheers,

All I had to do is set the clouds in FSX from simple to detailed. Not sure how it effects the issue but now I'm seeing returns properly on the ND.

Cheers,

That was it! :huh2:

How simple in retrospect.

Iordan Koulov

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Guys, looks like I solved this problem for myself. So, previously I used fsuipc 4.929c, and today, when I've been fully prepared to format my ssd and install all the things again, I decided to rollback fsuipc to v. 4.929 (without C update), and it worked!

Anton K.

I also managed to solve this problem. 

I simply reinstalled ASN, started FSX and accepted the dll files of ASN. 

Then I closed FSX and rebooted my Computer.  That was, for me, the solution. 

The weather radar is just breath taking, I love it ! 

Julian

When I request Descent forecast, it gets stuck at 'REQUEST Sent'. How can I fix this?

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yusuf Keyre

Guys, looks like I solved this problem for myself. So, previously I used fsuipc 4.929c, and today, when I've been fully prepared to format my ssd and install all the things again, I decided to rollback fsuipc to v. 4.929 (without C update), and it worked!

Anton K.

Latest version is 4.934a

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

So apparently it was an FSUIPC problem that reinstallation solved it.Can this thread be marked as solved or are there people out there with no functional weather radar yet?