Sign in to follow this  
Bunchy

poor performance

Hello all,

I'm really disappointed to see that post SP1, the 200 is now suffering poor performance.

At EGLL 09R, default weather I'm seeing 14-17FPS. Prior to SP1 it was around 23-25.

Just doing a circuit around  London and the OOM chimes start to ding.

Crazy thing is, OOM's never used to be an issue for me because of my sensible  settings. 

I have orbx global and vector but no add on airports.

Maybe a bad install?

System is ivybridge 3700 @ 4.3meg

8 gig ram

GTX 670

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Taxi cam switched on?

I flow out from Lakenheath today with the exact addons you have indicated running fine.  London does kill FPS just with ORBX running, i overflew London with the A2A C172 and the performance dropped from around 30 to 7, VAS usage also climbed rapidly.  Try the 777 from another airport, you could try Lakenheath, nothing much around, long runway.

Ian R Tyldesley

Yep same issue.

Never had an OOM in my life.

Now suddenly after Sp1 i'm getting the dings.

No complex scenery whatsoever, sliders set very sensibly.

VAS has always been VERY low.

I shouldn't be getting the dings.

Taxi cam switched on?

I flow out from Lakenheath today with the exact addons you have indicated running fine.  London does kill FPS just with ORBX running, i overflew London with the A2A C172 and the performance dropped from around 30 to 7, VAS usage also climbed rapidly.  Try the 777 from another airport, you could try Lakenheath, nothing much around, long runway.

+1 yes i think your taxi cam is ON. 

In the 200 SP1 getting the OOM dings now whereby I did not before.  Dont get them with, say the VRS F18.

spacer.png

Taxi cam switched on?

+1 yes i think your taxi cam is ON. 

The 200 doesn't have a "Ground Maneuvering Camera" you call "Taxi Cam", only the 300ER does.

For me I've actually gained about 5fps more with sp1

Same for me.

I went from 22fps to 7fps at every airport even default and high VAS.  A full reinstall of the 777 as set out by Tabs reset it back to normal again

ZORAN

So those are what those dings are... Yup getting them now post sp1 with 77L no taxi cam, never got them before. What gives?

This is expected due to the almost one year wait for SP1 for the B777. With expectations sky high as they gave this romantic notion of perfection which was why they took so long until the release but that is definitely not the case. I also got fs x to crash twice yesterday when flying the 300er. Not sure if it is SP1 or a problem with the 300er. Before the release yesterday the B777 crashed my flight sim only about twice but it crashed fs x twice yesterday.

I went from 22fps to 7fps at every airport even default and high VAS.  A full reinstall of the 777 as set out by Tabs reset it back to normal again

Thanks Zoran, I'll try that later. I did just install the service pack.

In the 200 SP1 getting the OOM dings now whereby I did not before.  Dont get them with, say the VRS F18.

This was in the ER for me. No taxi cam on.

Could the dings be something else, other than FSUIPC VAS dings?

I haven't had an OOM yet.