Sign in to follow this  
BCA59

Poor forum service

It's a pity you dont have your own Forums as AVSIM are alway down

Didn't you already say this?

Yes but it never said that my post had been sent Server error 401

Avsim has always been broken.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

If anyone can delete the extra Posts please do so. When you get a Server error 401 message after posting you normally think nothing has been posted

AVSIM desperately needs to change web host provider. The main page says that "800 people in the last 15 minutes visited" - well 800 people is nothing. It should not be enough to cause a website to become unresponsive.

Best regards,

Robin.

It's a pity you dont have your own Forums.

I have said in the past as well.

spacer.png

Not to mention having to login every single time. I agree - AVSIM should invest in better servers because its always down and buggy.

Although the AVSIM server is sometimes painfully slow, I have been able to get into it without difficulty. And I don't need to log in each time since I created a shortcut from within a logged-in session and use it to start each new session. Just remember to select "Remember me" on the login page.

AVSIM always goes down when PMDG release anything. It did the same when the NGX came out, then the 777 and now with SP1 and the 300.

To be fair to AVSIM, the forum has been going for a long time now and was used by people who, to many, the internet was new. Now everybody uses the internet. You also had way more basic aircraft with not as many systems to need help about. Add to that many of the older generation, like myself, grew up without the 'I want it now' symptom. Don't want to sound patronising but a lot of post on here come back with the 'read the manual' answer. My kids have it, something goes wrong and they immediately go on the internet instead of sitting down and trying to work out how to fix things. A lot of people grew up with FS over the generations, building systems as we went and learning the tricks as we went along. We didn't need to ask on the forums.

We have a throw away culture where something does not work we throw it away and get a new one, instead of fixing it.

But in the end, yes I agree. They need bigger servers to keep up with the growth of use, it's no use living in the past and making excuses.

Considering it's a free service, i am not sure that anybody should be complaining.  Presumably if you want a quicker server / network connection are you all willing to contribute, only seeing two people in this thread who have donated

Ian R Tyldesley

Considering it's a free service, i am not sure that anybody should be complaining.  Presumably if you want a quicker server / network connection are you all willing to contribute, only seeing two people in this thread who have donated

That depends on what you regard as being free. I have paid hunderds of dollars to PMDG in the years gone by and it is a commercial company using a 'free' forum that is obviously not up to the job to service questions about it's product all be it as they say user to user forum. PMDG should have their own forum which I might add they could moderate far better. Many commercial companys only let you take part in the forums if you are a paying customer. That would solve most of the problems that occur on avsim forums.

I have paid hunderds of dollars to PMDG in the years gone by and it is a commercial company using a 'free' forum that is obviously not up to the job to service questions about it's product all be it as they say user to user forum

PMDG don't provide support solely through this forum, you can submit questions though there own portal, they also have a "Facebook" page for those of you who use it.

PMDG should have their own forum which I might add they could moderate far better.

Why, what would the difference be?  I have never seen any issues with the moderation.

Many commercial companys only let you take part in the forums if you are a paying customer

Great...so no more seeing what the product is like?  ORBX actually do this and continuously get pilloried in this community.  I can only imagine the 'poo' storm that would occur if PMDG suddenly implemented this.

Ian R Tyldesley

It's a pity you dont have your own Forums as AVSIM are alway down

Stop Trolling, Necro Posting, Thread Jacking, Impatient Multiple posts, Thread Bashing and above all Donate or you have no claim to complain. Not saying you personally are doing all this.

Shouldn't donations be made public so we know how much has been donated and how much more is needed?

Jose De Campos

London