Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Blunt Warning: Sign Your Posts- Or...

I sometimes wonder if we really needed to debate on this...at the end its gonnna come up to NOTHING.

1. Why should i sign my post?

2. How much should i sign? Full name, first name, last name, n characters..n bytes..

3. People thinking they have the only unique names that suddenly all their secrets would be out if they put their names.

4.what the heck PMDG think of themselves now?

At the end these questions dont matter..Either sign up your posts or dont post.You can still read the forums though..Isnt that just plain simple?

What personnel (sic) reasons?

Garry,

Thanks, although personnel as opposed to personal may be closer... Either way I doubt a long discussion of my reasons is relevant.

Garry,

Thanks, although personnel as opposed to personal may be closer... Either way I doubt a long discussion of my reasons is relevant.

Then why are you posing in this thread bearing post #1 - or don't the rules apply to you?

Are you also afraid of your own shadow?

Was that really necessary?

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

Apologies for any offence caused. I am just curious to know why anyone is afraid to display their real world name on a flightsim forum.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Then why are you posing in this thread bearing post #1 - or don't the rules apply to you?

Because I am a customer. I paid for PMDG's products and part of what I paid for is customer support. I am not buying the $10 cheap add-on but a premium add-on that should come with premium support.

I don't think it is right that PMDG's "Official" user-to-user support forum should require that all members disclose their full names.

If some storefront owner required me to publicly announce my full name prior to entering his place of business I would tell him what I thought of his "rule" as well before I went to his competitor.

Think of this as me telling Rob what I think of his rule before I take my money elsewhere. If this is what is means to be a PMDG customer then no thank you.

I have to say I agree with Ken, I personally don't have an issue putting my name on here but I understand that some people do. Avsim themselves don't require your name to be included in the post so why should PMDG.

I own several ORBX products and to ensure that Piracy is curtailed they ask for order numbers to be included in the signature, no names just order numbers, only yesterday somebody was trying to illicit support for products that had allegedly been "gifted" to them. ORBX were on it very quickly even when the poster tried using a different log in.

At the end of the day PMDG have made the rules and judging by some of the comments made on here about it they have no intention of changing it. Their product their rules I guess. Doesn't mean we all have to agree with it though even if we abide by it.

I'm sure some wag will come on here and say that if you don't put your name you must have something to hide......well the answer is yes....there is a lot of identity theft and the internet is one of the worst places for it to take place. So by posting your name on here, I already know that you have a panchant for PMDG products, you are into flight sims, I know your username on Avsim and your full name, oh and I got that just by reading this page.

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

Apologies for any offence caused. I am just curious to know why anyone is afraid to display their real world name on a flightsim forum.

All of us doesn't have the stable life as most peope have. There is many reasons why someone wouldn't like to display their name but in my case it's a personal issue with some people I don't want to have anything to do with anymore... Google/yandex search my name + flight simulator = here I am! And no... I'm not a fugitive, just some family issues.

If someone or a company really wants to know my name, they can send a private message.

And how does that still lead to identity theft?m a bit confused ..sorry..a random guess would be there must be atleast one steve or mark who would be buying a pmdg product..how tough would it be to ranfomly guess a name..there are so many names too common..i understand that if he can get hold of your private details which u and you should only know of..its like a scenario where u greet a new colleage and say 'hey my name is Mark'...oopps..i just revealed my identity..because mark saw me in a bmw..so he knows i like bmw and it could lead to identity theft..so next time you visit ur colleague and say hey my name is xyz1234..for someone who has to steal the identity and they can do it either way..

And how does that still lead to identity theft?m a bit confused ..sorry..a random guess would be there must be atleast one steve or mark who would be buying a pmdg product..how tough would it be to ranfomly guess a name..there are so many names too common..i understand that if he can get hold of your private details which u and you should only know of..its like a scenario where u greet a new colleage and say 'hey my name is Mark'...oopps..i just revealed my identity..because mark saw me in a bmw..so he knows i like bmw and it could lead to identity theft..so next time you visit ur colleague and say hey my name is xyz1234..for someone who has to steal the identity and they can do it either way..

On it's own it doesn't but to the nasty pieces of work out there that deal in it it's just one more step they don;t have to crack. 

Regarding there being more than one Mark or Steve or even Pankaj for that matter, you are absolutely right of course there are probably hundreds if not thousands of them so how does putting your name on here help rid the world of piracy?

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

To be honest I am not denying that it rids the world of  piracy. For me its just a fact that PMDG is a company and they have their rules. One of the rule is that we should have our first name and last name for posting on the forums.Either I sign my name or dont post on the forums.I can still read though.There is no point in debating whether that is right or wrong. If a bank wants me to sign my first name and last name on the application I do it or I don't apply through that bank..There is no point of discussing whether bank is right or not.

Agreed that PMDG have their rules....I said that earlier, but it doesn't mean there can't be reasoned debate about it though does it?

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

And I am sure PMDG deals a lot with pirates(of their software) in real life than we do.They sure would have their checks in place.And this could be one of their reasons that they want it for their process.

Yes..a debate makes sense when all the parties are involved and there is a decision that can be made out of that outcome.If there is no decision thats gonna be made out of that outcome then that debate is just a waste of time.

Unless you debate it you'll never know if they're going to change it

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png