Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Oom Are Now Worse Than Before

All I have active within fsx is orbx global two add-on airports. A flight 280 miles and OOM as I land, last night it OOM turning final.

Fantastic aircraft, until you try to fly from A-B

Feel like binning it.

Before with the 200 it was "just" OK I would get "dings" as I was shutting down. Now 3 flight RAAS turned of outside model turned OFF. Auto gen set to "normal"

The NGX never. not once did I get a OOM, never had a OOM at all until the 777.

Anyway......feel very frustrated with it. Better leave it at that.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

What's you Texture_max_load?

What is your LOD_radius?

What are your cloud's resolution set to?

Do you fly with Ai traffic?

How many sceneries are activated in your scenery library all at once?

Hi,

I have a top end pc and have the same experiance.. Yesterday I delete B777-200 & 300 completely, restarted my computer and make a new install, now my VAS is about 3,2- 3,7, before i was constantly on around 3,7 to 4 (OOM)

Don't now if  this will work for you, but get it a try at least..  Never had a OOM before, and I'm a heavy tweaker.. :-)

Uncheck "high resolution cockpit" in the FSX display settings. It will help a lot.

Me too, I´ve the same expearience. On and on OOM´s and only with the 777. In my desperation built up 2 fsx.cfg one with low details for the 777 and one with max details for the other planes. But I can try to reinstall the whole thing, maybe it work´s like u said.

What's you Texture_max_load?

What is your LOD_radius?

What are your cloud's resolution set to?

Do you fly with Ai traffic?

How many sceneries are activated in your scenery library all at once?

REX4 DX5 or what ever they are call, the lowest res ones

AI Traffic 8% MY

I already said.

REX4 DX5 or what ever they are call, the lowest res ones

AI Traffic 8% MY

I already said.

When all else fails, save and reload your flight before top of descent.

Texture_max_load has nothing to do with VAS...AI traffic and LOD setting has ..

Me too I get OOM when on final. This on a flight from LSZH or LSGG to EBBR. A distance of approx 310-330nm that I fly only from within the VC. If I switch often to outside views, the OOM's are coming sooner.

I do not own the B773, so flights where with B772 and B77F.

I'll try to do a flight with the High Res VC option off.

FTX Global

Vector

EU LC

Opus for the weather

REX 4 Texture Direct

cloud textures are 1024 and not 32-bit

I wish PMDG would considder 2048 pixel paints. I mean, the 4096 textures are gorgeous and very detailed... But like with the Qwings Avro's, they are pushing me to OOM's very quickly.

I have a top end pc and have the same experiance..

Makes no difference at all.  So long as you have over 4Gb a GFX card from around 2010 and a I5 you are set.  FSX can't use more than 4Gb, doesn't make use of SLI, barely makes use of new GFX cards, doesn't really understand multi-core, it was released 8 years ago.

Texture_max_load has nothing to do with VAS...AI traffic and LOD setting has ..

It does make a difference, albeit slight.

I find the 777 uses about 800mb, you aren't going to run that from UK2000 EGLL V3 with ORBX England, it's more than FSX can handle.  I have found you need to reduce AI traffic mines around 15%, turn off all addon scenery other than the departure and destination airports, LOD around 3.5.

The (unfortunately) short answer is that we need a new sim.

Sounds like duplicate afcad files. Did you run the aec configuration from ftx global? Does your traffic program have its own afcad files too?

Sounds like duplicate afcad files. Did you run the aec configuration from ftx global? Does your traffic program have its own afcad files too?

Please explain better. where is this global config?

------------

Just installed the NGX and did the same flight, perfect.

I just had my first OOM, but that was on a flight from FSDT KLAX to UK2000 EGLL surrounded by FTXeu England that took 10 hours.

OOM occured at 240ft AGL.

I also had NL2000 photoreal entire Netherlands activated. And it was on Vatsim (Loads of traffic around London at the time). so... 

bring on 64 bit I say. Having to turn off all scenery except where you are taking off/landing from is a pain. I do it for my big livestream events like Cross the Pond, etc... but for a random casual overnighter? mmm....

Please explain better. where is this global config?

------------

Just installed the NGX and did the same flight, perfect.

There should be a program installed if you have version 1.15 of FTX Vector, called FTX Global Vector Configurator. The last tab has an autorun program that will disable the vector elevation files for all your addon airports.

Also you need to look at your traffic program, if it is mytraffic there are bgl files to remove for each airport that you have addon scenery for.

The NGX uses much less memory than the 777X that is why you could complete a flight with one but not the other.

You need to turn off your addon scenery like the guy said.

No AI traffic and use low res sounds and cockpit.

All add-ons are OFF apart from global and two airports.

No Ai and use low res sounds, WOW what a great aircraft this is. Seems to me its more build to show is what we could use if it ran on 64bit not fsx as we know it.

I don't mind turning scenery OFF but when you get down to just global and two airports with AI@ 8% and it still OOM's every time....come on!!!

@Robert

Thanks you for your help.

Done what your said about Vector, does that make OOM's I did what you said there where a lot moved to right side, would that make OOM's happen?

Yes I use my traffic. No idea how you look at bgl files with in MT will have a look.

It's very frustrating when you load up the NGX and all is perfect. The one wish above all with SP1 was the VAS and it seems SP1 has made it worse.

I have old i7 rig on Win7 64, few Tampa airports, all freeware UK2000, ORBX Global, UT2 set for 40%, ASN, RC4, FS Real Time - and have never ever experienced any OOM.

I even do not know how OOM warning sound sounds like.

Before I was flying NGX, now extensively checking 777 doing 11 hours flights.

Those computers are really strange...

Makes no difference at all. So long as you have over 4Gb a GFX card from around 2010 and a I5 you are set. FSX can't use more than 4Gb, doesn't make use of SLI, barely makes use of new GFX cards, doesn't really understand multi-core, it was released 8 years ago.

It does make a difference, albeit slight.

I find the 777 uses about 800mb, you aren't going to run that from UK2000 EGLL V3 with ORBX England, it's more than FSX can handle. I have found you need to reduce AI traffic mines around 15%, turn off all addon scenery other than the departure and destination airports, LOD around 3.5.

The (unfortunately) short answer is that we need a new sim.

I don't know what you guys are doing wrong but I just flew from Drzewiecki JFK to uk2000 egll with orbx England ut2 at 35% and landed with 3.6 on the VAS meter lol.

Setting are as follows. My tml is 4096, autogen is normal, scene complexity is very dense, lod is 4.5, water low 2x, everything else in the scenery tab is all the way right. Maybe I'm just lucky but I I'm always monitoring my VAS usage with process Explorer.

When I started out at JFK my VAS was 3.4. It topped out at 3.6 because of me changing views couple times. Back in the very I watch it settle back to 3.4. If you change vc alot where you have detail scenery in view that increases your VAS.

Pierre W

I hope everyone who has had an OOM read the Intro Guide to the 777 regarding OOM's and/or followed the guidance at the following link - http://support.preci...mory-oom-errors. AVSIM has a nice CTD Guide too which provides further guidance and things you can do to diagnose/investigate your problem.

Best regards

Edited by firehawk44
Fix Link

Link is not working Jim

As I write this the top 3 topic here are all OOM.

Properly like most never had them until the 777.

This link Jim?

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a108/vas-management-stopping-out-of-memory-oom-errors

Funny that it start with blar blar 777....read it and double now read the SP1 stuff.

Bottom line is run fsx on bear bonds and you might get a flight in.

I will over weekend turn of detail 3d VC (lol) and turn off exterior model.

Funny that PMDG seem to miss the point that they have pushed VAS to far on the 777 or like in other posts, it might have a memory leak?

I would take a big chunk less VAS over even the wonderful new WX. If you cannot do a flight the WX and the 777 become pointless. Doing a 2hour flight with setting set for light VAS with just two addon airports should not be asking to much.

it might have a memory leak?

Not this again...PMDG have repeatedly said that there is no memory leak.  It's a big complex add-on, it uses about 800mb, that stays pretty continuous, what does change are the scenery add-ons, FSX doesn't appear to release memory once you have moved away from the scenery area.  To illustrate this if i take the A2A C172 from Goodwood and fly over UK2000 EGLL V3 the available VAS can drop by over 1Gb, this does not entirely return to the pool even when i am back at Goodwood...not to mention what this particular airport does to my FPS. 

If you disable all extraneous scenery it's just about capable of a long flight, but yes it does bounce very close to the limit.  I think that the aircraft is probably right on the limit of what FSX is capable of supporting. 

or like in other posts, it might have a memory leak?

If there was a memory leak, it would leak for everyone. I'm on my third 300ER/SP1 flight now and free VAS is holding steady at 2.2GB available two hours in - totally stable and no fluctuation. Yes, the 777 and SP1 are VAS-heavy, but I've flown 80 flights, most in the 8-12 hour range with NO OOMs. Yes, I've flown into UK2K's EGLL as well as all FSDT's and Fly Tampa's sceneries without problem. As repeated numerous times, you can't have it all with FSX; choices and compromises need to be made. You'll never get all the scenery eye-candy you'd like, but that's understandable. The biggest offenders seem almost always to be Autogen, LOD, and AI traffic. I fly with Autogen set to sparse (1) which still gives plenty of it, and LOD set to 4.0 which satisfies my eyes (I'm concentrating on the runway during approach, not gawking at the far horizon), and I run MTX 5.4c at 50% traffic. I can still land at most complex airports with about 1.2GB free VAS.

You guys with OOM problems... have you already run that DXT Fixer X that an AVSIM user created some time ago? His nickname was "neumanix"...

If you haven't, give it a try.

It really seems very system dependent. I have an almost 3-year old Sandy Bridge system, with 8GB of system memory, and a GTX-770 4GB GPU. I use dual 27-inch monitors, running in DX10 mode with the Fixer program.

I am surprised at many users reporting that they START with as much as 3.2 GB VAS used - just loading initially on the ramp, before even beginning their flight. My initial VAS useage with the 300 is typically 2.2 GB, and that is with Pilot's Global Ultimate mesh, ORBX FS Global textures, and Vector. I also have the new ORBX European OpenLC, though that should not come into play, as my initial flights with the 300 have been within the U.S.

I run ASN weather, with cloud draw distance set to 90 miles. I have AI set to zero, but I do have the full set of MyTrafficX AI models loaded, as I use them for generating other-player models when flying on Vatsim with VPilot.

I always display free VAS remaining in the FS window using FSUIPC, so I know my exact VAS situation at any given moment.

I just did an American Airlines flight from FSDT DFW to FSDT LAX 2.0 in the 300. My total VAS useage on takeoff was 2.3 GB. It reduced to 2.1 GB once up at cruise. I flew into an area of thunderstorms over Arizona, which resulted in the generation of multiple layers of broken clouds, and my VAS useage went up to 2.9 GB.

On descent to LAX, as more ground detail began to generate as I decreased altitude, my VAS went up to 3.1 GB. On touchdown at LAX, and during the taxi to the gate the VAS peaked at 3.3 GB, which still left almost 700MB VAS "breathing room" before entering OOM territory.

Mind you, my total VAS used, after an almost 3 hour flight through heavy clouds, was less than some users START with when initially loading the 300. Since my VAS consumption increased by just about 1.2 GB from initial load to completion of the flight, I would say that anyone STARTING with over 3GB VAS already in use is certainly doomed to OOM.

Not at all sure why this would be the case for those starting with so little free VAS. I run textures set at 2048, stock LOD of 4.5, and most graphics settings pretty far to the right with the exception of Autogen, which I keep at the center "normal" setting. I do not disable any scenery or add-on airports, and even with ASN loading weather, and starting at a graphically intense add-on airport, I never have less than about 2GB free VAS headroom when loading a flight with the 300.

My recommendation for those having OOM issues, would be to pay close attention to the total VAS in use when initially loading the 300, and to experiment with changing graphics settings, weather, AI and/or ground/sea traffic etc., (exiting and reloading FSX as necessary) to try to achieve the maximum amount of free VAS remaining when initially loading a flight.

It really seems very system dependent. I have an almost 3-year old Sandy Bridge system, with 8GB of system memory, and a GTX-770 4GB GPU. I use dual 27-inch monitors, running in DX10 mode with the Fixer program.

I am surprised at many users reporting that they START with as much as 3.2 GB VAS used - just loading initially on the ramp, before even beginning their flight. My initial VAS useage with the 300 is typically 2.2 GB, and that is with Pilot's Global Ultimate mesh, ORBX FS Global textures, and Vector. I also have the new ORBX European OpenLC, though that should not come into play, as my initial flights with the 300 have been within the U.S.

My hardware specs, addons, FSX settings, and experiences with the PMDG 777 are almost exactly like Jim's...and I've yet to see a OOM. I do turn off any scenery addons I won't be flying into, out of, or over. And unlike Jim, I run Ultimate Traffic 2 at modest levels all of the time.

I can imagine that OOMs are enormously frustrating, but it's hard to see how one can provide any advice to address them, given the huge variability in each user's system, settings, and operating system environment. Talk about the need for a multivariate analysis...