Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Oom Are Now Worse Than Before

Agreed, FSX is clearly a dead end.

Not really  there are a few of us  that have no issues  which guess iam one of the lucky ones :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

FSX is clearly a dead end.

Yes, it's 8 years old, it needs replacing.

My only fear is that P3D pricing

flexible on the P3D licensing

You are both aware that P3D is currently still 32-bit?  It has the exact same issue with memory that FSX has.  It may manage it a little better (probably due to DX11) but it's still limited to 4Gb.

Not getting into EULA issues here, but the professional license ($199) does allow for simulation.  Two things i am waiting for to move to P3D, PMDG support (and pricing) and 64-bit.

I would like to support X-Plane, but there are still too many things missing.

Ian R Tyldesley

This OOM issue with complex addons is why I am now seriously considering moving to P3D when version 2.3 is released. VAS management in P3D has apparently been improved considerably when compared to FSX, although I am well aware that it still needs to be treated with care.

It's great that such complex and realistic aircraft are developed for FSX, but being forced to fly them to and from deserted international airports doesn't make a lot of sense.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

My sentiments completely Christopher Low.

The DX 11 offload to the video card, the ability of P3D to address the VAS cycling and a probable future on 64bit, makes P3D a giant leap forward.

The T7 is great but I can't fly it great. Sad.

I have the 747-8i on X-Plane. Impressive but no match to PMDG "feel". But it can go anywhere oom free.

Chris Stanley VTCC

The 777 pusher VAS to it's limit. To use the 777 you have to have LOD @4.5 max(most like and use 6.5), only have 2 airports active and hope for the best.

PMDG might not like it but turning OFF the exterior model saves VAS,

turning VC to low saves 100mb VAS and look 90% just as good.

Turn RAAS OFF

Don't use the lower check list panel at all.

Don't use any views apart from the VC

Don't even think about using the new camara view, your just asking for a OOM

Use the lowest cloud setting in REX 4

There you can now use the 777.

IMHO PMDG have push VAS with the 777 to far. Just like the click spots in the JS, that pushed the limit and had to be addressed.

The 777 could do with a control panel to lower VAS and users could decide. But when you have to start running almost bare bones fsx to run an aircraft, at what point do you say this is not working within the environment its made to work, in FSX and its 4GB limit.

Would any plane work if it used 2GB on its own within fsx? NO(it would be silly of any developer), there is a limit and the 777 is on the very edge.

It they push VAS even higher with the 747v2 then it simply will not even work, unless its just being tested on a laptop with bare bones fsx and LOD@ 1 ^^, The NGX was IMHO the sweet spot with VAS.

If some of the new stuff in the 777 pushers the VAS so high then we need to live without it, if it means we can fly the 777 as easily as the NGX.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Again this is only to a few users that have issues with the t7 unlike myself I havnt to need to turn off anything at all  just did a flight  from VHHH  to OMDB (fly tampa) using the 777-300  the highest vas  that I got to was around 3.5. Using ut2  got it around the 80% mark using  rex4   2048 textures  and got my fps locked at 35. So guess it all depends on one machines that's the t7 is installed.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

A classic PMDG line there Peter "affects only a few users" I remember the JS and the crash to desktop on exit problem. That was just a few users ^^ .

Also remember most people will not come here sigh up, go though all that and post when anyone doing a quick look though the 777 forums can see there far from the only one getting OOM given how many posts there about the 777 and OOM's. Name another addon for fsx were there is this many OOM's problems from people that have not even had a OOM before.

AM very please for you that you don't have the problem, but don't dismiss the huge amount of users having these problem as "just a few" it was "just a few" having problems with the JS, from memory I think PMDG say it was like 3% ^^. It turned out to be a fault and if you used the fsx user opening screen and used the X in the top right corner to close fsx it would crash for anyone. 3% ^^

The staff at PMDG are intelligent people they seem to forget "a few users" can remember there history and what they say.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Than cant see why iam not  having issues where there are users  with better pc's than I have got  is  the thing I cant get :Confused:  (I havnt got any tweaks at all in my fsx cfg  just the basic  one with the highmen fix and the wideview other  than this its stock standard.  Iam using  a AMD Radeon  Hd  7900 series card)

Peter kelberg

To use the 777 you have to have LOD @4.5 max(most like and use 6.5), only have 2 airports active and hope for the best.

PMDG might not like it but turning OFF the exterior model saves VAS, turning VC to low saves 100mb VAS and look 90% just as good.

Turn RAAS OFF

Don't use the lower check list panel at all.

Don't use any views apart from the VC

Don't even think about using the new camara view, your just asking for a OOM

Use the lowest cloud setting in REX 4

There you can now use the 777.

Cool, thats sold it to me. I'm going to buy 10 copies for myself :lol:

A classic PMDG line there Peter "affects only a few users" I remember the JS and the crash to desktop on exit problem. That was just a few users ^^ .

Also remember most people will not come here sigh up, go though all that and post when anyone doing a quick look though the 777 forums can see there far from the only one getting OOM given how many posts there about the 777 and OOM's. Name another addon for fsx were there is this many OOM's problems from people that have not even had a OOM before.

AM very please for you that you don't have the problem, but don't dismiss the huge amount of users having these problem as "just a few" it was "just a few" having problems with the JS, from memory I think PMDG say it was like 3% ^^. It turned out to be a fault and if you used the fsx user opening screen and used the X in the top right corner to close fsx it would crash for anyone. 3% ^^

The staff at PMDG are intelligent people they seem to forget "a few users" can remember there history and what they say.

Believe me -- if it was 'a huge amount of users', this forum wouldn't stop for a second. 

Without sale numbers from PMDG, you can only guess. I'd say a lot of 777 were sold, and I'd say the amount of users reporting OOM issues are no more than the expected... 

Not sure if I really want to re-enter this discussion anyway. There's folks frustrated and I can understand this. I honestly hope (honestly!) that you guys can sort out your frustrations someway.

someway.

Reload the flight before decent. I say this over and over, but I will repeat it unless the person with the memory problem has tried it. It is the only assurance that you'll make it to the ramp.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Well get my new PC on Thursday, info in sig, so see how that goes!

Is it wrong i picture you sitting at your PC writing this message stamping your feet on the ground, foaming at the mouth, indignant at the entirely imaginary slight the universe has bestowed upon you?

If you indeed remember "there history" and "what they say", why did you buy another product?

I am pretty sure that you could fly the FSX default 777 without any kind of problem, you want the complex simulation then expect a greater use of resources.

I'm not actually sure what you are all wanting, the 777 is a complex aircraft, perhaps the most complex aircraft, you want to fly that from EGLL V3 with all the scenery then expect FSX to have an issue with that.  PMDG didn't limit FSX to 32-bit, in order to use this aircraft you will have to compromise.  

David, you say a "huge amount of users" (not sure how you know that) are experiencing OOM's; i'll say that you are correct, i experienced one last night, i had been flying around England for 3 hours in the 7...oh wait, it wasn't the 777 it was the A2A 172, i had an OOM when attempting to land at Goodwood.  Should i start posting about how that aircraft has a problem; or was i being unrealistic, trying to use the various scenery add-ons, REX, ASN and a complex aircraft? 

I don't think any of the people complaining will sort out the issues, simply because they aren't willing to compromise regarding what the sim is capable of.

Ian R Tyldesley

Is it wrong i picture you sitting at your PC writing this message stamping your feet on the ground, foaming at the mouth, indignant at the entirely imaginary slight the universe has bestowed upon you?

Well if you add 2+2 and get 367 then yer your right!

I spent a day doing flights and got to a spot when I did not get OOM's. With most things turned down or OFF then you can use the 777.

I love the PMDG 777 it's my favourite aircraft. But flying it is a different matter to even the NGX if you cannot see that point then fine. Ofc its demanding like the NGX but then I never got a OOM with the NGX with everything turned ON.

The point is the 777 is a compromise because it has to be to fly it, the NGX was not. I just think it pushing thing a bit to far and if you disagree with that fine. Each to there own.

At my age I don't get worked up over a flight sim, or your silly imaginary of how am thinking. I think you should reframe from doing so as your so wrong it's laughable.

Do anyone ever get the OOM ding sound warning but with the sim still running. That happens once and awhile when using pmdg 737 or the 777 for me. It will happen when firing up GSX ground service when I taxi to the gate. The sim continues to run but with the OOM ding sound sounding time to time.

:P Timothy Murphy