Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Oom Are Now Worse Than Before

The "ding" sound means that you are close to the VAS limit. It's a warning that you may experience an OOM shortly. I have heard it start up when on final approach, and then mysteriously disappear as I taxi to the parking spot.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Reload the flight before decent. I say this over and over, but I will repeat it unless the person with the memory problem has tried it. It is the only assurance that you'll make it to the ramp.

Ok, following you, I would repeat... "try the DXT Fixer X".  :P  :lol:

This little program seems so important and so... forgotten.

I have to agree with Capt Morgan. Save and reload flight just before TOD Even if you think you won't need too. Takes a couple of mins, and the T7 does a great job of saving and re loading. never had a bad save yet.

So if you flying from or too  a vas hungry area, just do a re load.

I think Orbx will eat more VAS than the 777 will, so a price to pay for the eye candy. And that is why I never use Orbx England.

I did a flight a few days ago in the 300 from FB KDEN to FSDT PHNL, with 100% AI UT2/MTX and landed with 1.5GB free VAS. So it depends where you fly. I bet if the flight was from KDEN to EGLLV3, I would not be landing with that amount of free VAS, especially with FTX Eng.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Reload the flight before decent. I say this over and over, but I will repeat it unless the person with the memory problem has tried it. It is the only assurance that you'll make it to the ramp.

Negative.  NOT a solution when you run many add-ons like RC4 and FSCaptain etc.

Besides which, that option kills immersion.

spacer.png

Same prob, never had OOM until I fly the 777, saving the flight helps, for a few mins.  Just landed at EGPF in thunder storms, brakes and rudder stopped worjking, air speed froze as I was slowing, saved the flight quickly and on restart everything was working again.  Flying fairly low settings, low AI, weather low, granted it was thunder storms, but my frames were 25 and the PC was coping very well.  (similar system to the OP).  OOM are frustrating, after years of FSX simming, I never new what the "ding" sounds were from windows! I really feel the 777 is pushing FSX over the limit but I think PMDG could also cut back on some eye candy (red glowing brakes, come on!).  I will disable the external model and try again (I never go outside anyway).  Will try it again and hope for the best.

-Iain Watson-

There is a new program from FSPS called FSX Fiber Acceleration that is designed for just the sort of problems being discussed on this thread. Basically it acts like a live scenery configuration editor that tweaks your fsx.cfg file on the fly, without actually changing that file. Although I was a bit skeptical, I agreed to try it out for a couple of friends on my computer. They had been experiencing OOMs when using the ConcordeX; neither of them own the PMDG 777. (I should mention here that I don't have any OOM problems with any of my aircraft, including the 772 and 773. I'm very happy with my FSX setup just as it is.) After a couple of days of testing, I had to admit that the program does exactly what it claims to do. One of the friends has purchased it and has had great results so far. The other friend is ordering it in the next couple of days.

If you're as leery as I was, then have a look at a couple of YouTube videos, including one from Froogle, that show FSX Fiber Acceleration in action. Their reactions were positive as ours. Also, you can try FSX Fiber Acceleration before you buy it. You can download a trial copy that gives you 5 trial sessions of 60 minutes duration.

Good info, will try the trial, let's see!

-Iain Watson-

Uncheck "high resolution cockpit" in the FSX display settings. It will help a lot.

gave me about 100MB of VAS back.

The displays in VC get a little blurry, but for me that is no problem since I use the 2D popups anyway (on a second and thrid monitor). And these popups remain sharp :-)

100 MB is not a lot I think, but good tip.

Rob Robson

gave me about 100MB of VAS back.

The displays in VC get a little blurry, but for me that is no problem since I use the 2D popups anyway (on a second and thrid monitor). And these popups remain sharp :-)

100 MB is not a lot I think, but good tip.

Landing at FSD KLAX, an extra 100 MB is a lot :)

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

Ok, following you, I would repeat... "try the DXT Fixer X".  :P  :lol:

This little program seems so important and so... forgotten.

Yes Gabriel, you are spot on. Everybody should run that utility http://forum.avsim.net/topic/382811-dxtfixer-utility/

Please read this thread, it also tells you how to mip map UT2  aircraft which is a must

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.