I was on the fence with this yoke, but I jumped off a few days ago and pre-ordered one. After seeing the demo, I'm glad I did. The auto pilot mode was just amazing. Having the ability to feel physics against the airplane in the controller is going to bring more immersion into an already immersive flight environment.

I'm very excited about this product. It's a big investment, but I think it will be worth it. Thanks for sharing the link to the demo. This is what I have been waiting to see. 

The auto pilot mode was just amazing. Having the ability to feel physics against the airplane in the controller is going to bring more immersion into an already immersive flight environment.

+1 ^ this. I hope it will work with the A2A, and Majestic planes. Imagine the stick shaker going off in the Q400 while on approach. :vava:  :Drooling: :Big Grin:  

regards, Jazz

+1 ^ this. I hope it will work with the A2A, and Majestic planes. Imagine the stick shaker going off in the Q400 while on approach. :vava:  :Drooling: :Big Grin:

regards, Jazz

Man, i'd love to see/experience that. Funny to think how much progress this hobby makes year over year. Been simming since the late 90's and could only dream of something like that. Now it's close to being a reality! 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

Now it's close to being a reality!

I should be receiving more information on delivery this week. I expect there will be lots of user pics/videos popping up over the

next few weeks.

Jazz

How many programmable buttons are there on this yoke?

Hasn't been confirmed yet.

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

How many programmable buttons are there on this yoke?

I think the final version will have a hat switch. I did get a confirmation from a company rep that the yokes will be detachable. It will probably ship with the 737 style version that we have been seeing in the demos, but I was told that they will also offer, probably in the future diffrent attachable styles as well.

One thing to keep in mind, if you are coming off of a saitek pro yoke like me, the throttle quad that plugs into the side of the yoke probably is not compatiable with the Iris yoke. If you're looking for a throttle to complimanet the new iris yoke, you should check out this company (www.fsthrottles.com).

I haven't had a chance to get my hands on one yet, but looking at the videos on thier website and reading some other user comments that have ordered one, it appears to be a good quality throttle.

Ok, I think I'll stick around for a while waiting for the final product to be released and for some more reviews.

Those throttles looked nice! Not sure if I'll get one though because I have a stand alone Saitek throttle so I'll be able to use it even if I get this yoke. On the other hand maybe I get a throttle as well in the end because I have this feeling having a yoke like this one the Saitek throttle will feel even more plastic than it already does...

Richard Åsberg

One thing to keep in mind, if you are coming off of a saitek pro yoke like me, the throttle quad that plugs into the side of the yoke probably is not compatiable with the Iris yoke. If you're looking for a throttle to complimanet the new iris yoke, you should check out this company (www.fsthrottles.com).

Now we just need IRIS to make a Dynamic Feedback throttle quad and we will be set! 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

Check out these throttle quads. Perfect for twin engined GA, and jets. I'm not sure if these are available with hall effect sensors, still, IMO, a better option than the saitek junk, of which I am on numbers 3 and 4.

https://www.flyelite.com/hardware/quadrants/ 

Jazz

GoFlight also has some great offerings. I have the 737 NG quad that I purchased used and in great condition from a fellow Avsimer and love it.

http://www.goflightinc.com/products/gf-tq6-throttle-quadrant%C2'>

- Jordan Jafferjee -

regards, Jazz

They perhaps should have done a video of that. These demos are always on very basic a/c so it's difficult to tell whether it's money well spent or not.

As far as a stick push goes currently the only way to simulate that is to temporarily disconnect the control column from the sim during the stall becuase the overwhelming majority of simmers don't use force feedback.

It would be nice to see a video of them using P3Dv2 and the A2A Piper, or Cessna, just to give a better idea of what it's capable of. I found some info on their forum, which you may find helpful.

Quoted from the Iris Dynamics forum,  

"The firmware which will ship with the production units will support several operational modes. In the worst case senerio the yoke can run in "standalone mode". This will permit the yoke to be used with ALL software packages which take a basic yoke/joystick XY inputs. So for example if you were to plug the yoke into MSFS 95 it would be able to do the following:
-Pitch & Roll like any yoke/joystick
-Button pass-throughs for custom programing like any other yoke/joystick
-Localized trim: the trim switches on the yoke will NOT DIRECTLY pass "trim" data back to the sim (which may or may not be able to interpret it) rather the adjustment of trim will be kept localized to the yoke and the "null point" or natural resting position of the yoke will adjust itself with a generic (but customizable) force model (meaning as you move with your hand away from its natural resting position force will gradually increase/decrease as you move farther and farther away {for both roll/pitch}).

After standalone mode the yoke is being programed to be able to extract standard data from FSX, P3D, XP such as airspeed, attitude, flaps etc. With this info we can now adjust the amount of force based for example on airspeed. So if you are on the ramp the yoke can fall full forward, as you accelerate it would move to its "trimmed" position. As you went between Vs to VNE you will be able to feel a difference in resistance etc.
-AP servo inputs will ALSO work in this mode (for standard AC.)
-Stick shaker will also work in this mode (if enabled for AC type)

Now to answer your direct question, will the yoke work with XYZ plugin?
-For standalone mode: yes
-For normal mode: "probably" with a few point.
1)TAS is the single most important variable we need. We should be able to extract this data regardless of plugin and as such force changes based on changes in TAS "should" work with most if not all plugins.
2)In real life stick shaker activation speed CAN change based on AC config. Different FMS iterations use different variables (Flap, CofG, IAS, etc). Depending on how a 3rd party developer has implemented this function it MAY or MAY NOT work properly out of the box when shipped.
3)AP tracking, P3D, FSX, and XP have standard variables for when an AP in engaged, as such the yoke will be able to identify AP in engaged and as such track etc. HOWEVER as with the stick shaker issue depending on how a 3rd party developer has implemented this function it MAY or MAY NOT work properly out of the box when shipped...

We are currently working on a very tight (and already late schedule). Our current priority is to get these units made and on your guys desks. We do intend to test/enable full functionality with as many plugins/3rd party AC as we can, however many of these refinements may not be available until after we ship. All that being said when we DO ship the SDK will include access to ALL our source code, so our hope is that between 3rd party devs, the community, and our small team of devs we can work together to get all the inevitable compatibility bugs ironed out.

I have added the two mentioned 3rd party packages to our list of "should haves".

All the best!."
  end quote. (dated 02-03-2014)

Jazz

This is good news. Based on thier last update for the yoke, it's been reported that next they will be working on a forcefeed back joystick and throttles, with "rudders in the pipeline".

If the yoke is as good as it appears to be in the test videos, I will get in line for one of each of these as well.

http://irisdynamics.com/yoke-update/