I've been looking at this Yoke also ... and a tiller wheel.  If the FFB is done well (and it looks like it is) then, I'm on board with a purchase.  

Yoke moving with the auto-pilot is kinda cool.

Cheers, Rob.

Hey Rob,

The autopilot shows best in a video, but honestly the feedback is the best part. You really have to feel it to believe it.

Hey Rob,

The autopilot shows best in a video, but honestly the feedback is the best part. You really have to feel it to believe it.

When will it be available? I live in Vancouver, can I stop by a purchase one direct?

Jim

Jim Vasto

Are these guys serious!?   $1,499.00$1,699.00  Each time I go onto their website the price has increased massively. Am I imagining things? I thought this yoke was originally priced at something in the region of $800! IMO if they are trying to sell this product at that kind of price then they are going to sorely be missing out on potentially a massive market. Force feedback blah blah, or whatever, that price is crazy!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

It is expensive, but I haven't been able to find anything for less. At least not in N.A.

Jazz

The outside appearance doesn't seem to have many plastic parts. I would suppose the price is a good indication that IRIS did not want to sacrifice on quality. If this yoke can last for many years, as oppose to having to buy a new one every other year, and can deliver good precision performance, then I reckon people will buy at the higher price. I think the actual casing is made of metal and powder coated.

The end caps may be plastic to reduce weight. At 20+ pounds, this thing is anything but light weight.

Jazz

Interesting product. Product vision of affordable is a moving target it seems. Here's hoping for mass production and much much lower price.

That demo video they have sells it.  I'd love one of these, and at $800 I'd buy one right now.  At $1000, I'd give it a bit of thought, but likely buy.  At $1500+, I'm sorry, I don't know... That's really getting expensive for a desktop yoke. :mellow:

A shame, since I've got a good stack of money set aside for a decent yoke, but can't find anything that I want to buy at the $1000 price point.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Other high end yokes without FFB are in the $700-$2000 range ... for me it'll boil down to how well the FFB works an it's latency.

On thing I didn't notice is if they have different ways of FFB implementation based on pure mechanical (rod ends and cables mostly), hydraulic, and electronic (fly-by-wire) ... these three seems provide VERY different Yoke "feel".

Will keep an eye on this.

Cheers, Rob.

My point isn't that quality isn't worth paying for, or that the yoke will not be of the highest standard, I'm sure it will be, it's just I believe there is a massive hole in the market for a really good alloy yoke at around $700-800. I thought this was going to be the deal. When I saw it originally advertised, I was determined to get my hands on it, but now there's no way I'd pay that kind of money. In fact I simply don't have that kind of money! I'm not saying it isn't worth it, I'm just saying I think they have missed a massive opportunity to produce a really high quality bit of kit that is accessible for a larger section of the simming community. Now it really will be an elitist product without any shadow of a doubt. All the same, I hope it proves a success, as they certainly deserve it.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

When will it be available? I live in Vancouver, can I stop by a purchase one direct?

Jim

You can stop by anytime. but you will not be able to buy one direct until we finish the pre-orders and ship them out.

Are these guys serious!?   $1,499.00$1,699.00  Each time I go onto their website the price has increased massively. Am I imagining things? I thought this yoke was originally priced at something in the region of $800! IMO if they are trying to sell this product at that kind of price then they are going to sorely be missing out on potentially a massive market. Force feedback blah blah, or whatever, that price is crazy!

yeah I am serious... unfortunetly. We want to be as low cost as possible but the truth is for $800 we are giving them away. We are going to work as hard as possible to drive prices down. One thing to note is to the best of my knowledge we are still the cheapest control loading yoke on the market, by a significant margin.

The end caps may be plastic to reduce weight. At 20+ pounds, this thing is anything but light weight.

Jazz

27 lbs

That demo video they have sells it.  I'd love one of these, and at $800 I'd buy one right now.  At $1000, I'd give it a bit of thought, but likely buy.  At $1500+, I'm sorry, I don't know... That's really getting expensive for a desktop yoke. :mellow:

A shame, since I've got a good stack of money set aside for a decent yoke, but can't find anything that I want to buy at the $1000 price point.

remember its Canadian (CAD)

Hi Chad,

I was curious if changing the UHMW bearing, for a ball bearing, would cause any kind of electrical short out issue?

Cheers, Jazz

Hi Chad,

I was curious if changing the UHMW bearing, for a ball bearing, would cause any kind of electrical short out issue?

Cheers, Jazz

No the shaft is not electrically charged, however they can not be used because they are steel and would interact with the magnets. If you wanted something "better" than UHMW one could use PTFE which we had experimented with, but the cost outweighs the performance.

Thank-You, Chad. I can live with UHMW, if/when it wears out maybe I'll try bronze bushings with a ptfe liner. I work in a machine shop and these are readily available to me. I don't expect to wear it out any time soon mind you.

Jazz