Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Skymaxx V2 ... wow

Have not had time to really play with it yet, but a big thank-you for making it a free update. I was thinking that was going to be a 50/50 chance.  ^_^

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

It really is a joy to fly with, and every cloud formation seems different. Another leap in immersion.

XEbG6.jpg

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Great product - Im very impressed.

To pump it out as a free upgrade is very much appreciated.

Well done guys

Saw Scotchegg's screenshot and will purchase ... 

It really is a joy to fly with, and every cloud formation seems different. Another leap in immersion.

XEbG6.jpg

Very nice for GA flying I must admit, but I do have a couple of issues:

1. Occasionally I see a blue haze which seems to permeate everything farther away that 200ft.

2. I turned down the puff rotation speed from default as I could see some clouds twirling around quite quickly.

3. At airliner flight levels the Cloud Draw Distance is still not sufficient to extend to the horizon. If the visibility is reduced this is not as pronounced.

Thanks again for making this a free upgrade for v1 purchasers! :)

Well...if you want a face-full of v2.0 clouds...take off from PAKT (South Alaska) at 07:30 EST

Set SkyMaxx to blown wide open.,...and catch the show!

They did a great job...and I can still maintain 22-30 in pretty much how intense v2.0 can become.  Ketchikan, residents are not going to be sun tanning themselves, at least at the time quoted, lol!

Now..the rest of the day for motorcycles! :)

Have a good weekend, guys 'n gals....

After conducting a few test flights in different weather conditions I came to the conclusion that Skymaxx Pro v2 is now a must have plugin for XPX, it's absolutely a work of art to be proud of, the clouds really simulate an indepth feel, and to top it off; there is no lost to frame rate.

Thanks John and the team who made this v2 upgrade a success in my book.

Well...if you want a face-full of v2.0 clouds...take off from PAKT (South Alaska) at 07:30 EST

Set SkyMaxx to blown wide open.,...and catch the show!

They did a great job...and I can still maintain 22-30 in pretty much how intense v2.0 can become.  Ketchikan, residents are not going to be sun tanning themselves, at least at the time quoted, lol!

Now..the rest of the day for motorcycles! :)

Have a good weekend, guys 'n gals....

Yeah, just did that...total cloudness.

if i install skymaxx pro V2, and if I want back my original volumetric clouds, can I uninstall skymaxx?

I think Efass WX Engine produces better looking clouds than the default WX. I enabled/disabled to compare the renderings.

Default:

image005_zpsf1763076.jpg

EFASS:

image004_zps97a234e9.jpg

Default:

image001_zps95a616c9.jpg

EFASS:

image003_zps0a6dfee8.jpg

MAP:

korfradar_zps62750158.jpg

KORF
281851Z AUTO 27009G17KT 240V330 10SM FEW060 31/17 A2971 RMK AO2 SLP059 T03060167 TSNO

I think Efass WX Engine produces better looking clouds than the default WX. I enabled/disabled to compare the renderings.

Default:

image005_zpsf1763076.jpg

EFASS:

image004_zps97a234e9.jpg

Default:

image001_zps95a616c9.jpg

EFASS:

image003_zps0a6dfee8.jpg

MAP:

korfradar_zps62750158.jpg

KORF

281851Z AUTO 27009G17KT 240V330 10SM FEW060 31/17 A2971 RMK AO2 SLP059 T03060167 TSNO

Very nice shots BTW :) 

I suppose you can.... But go forward, young man, go forward. Dont look back.

The neat thing is I flew around my airport at home (KEVV), then went outside and thought to myself, "Yeah, that's exactly how it looks." The way the clouds blend to blue, the distant cloud tops.

Moves Xplane up a big notch.

I suppose you can.... But go forward, young man, go forward. Dont look back.

The neat thing is I flew around my airport at home (KEVV), then went outside and thought to myself, "Yeah, that's exactly how it looks." The way the clouds blend to blue, the distant cloud tops.

Moves Xplane up a big notch.

Ok, I go :)