Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Any ORBX discounts available?

As I look at buying Global, Vector and Europe LC and the total cost of just over $200, I am wondering if there are any discounts available such as from VA membership, etc.   I know this stuff has generally not gone on sale.  thanks,

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Are you and OZX Member.

Upon your purchase, you can get a 5% discount for    Discount Coupons:OZXMEMBER

And, I believe they still have a seniors discount, with proof of age 65 and over, I think it's 10% but not sure.  I'm 64 so one more year for that for me.

You never know they might start a bundle approach soon since they likely would prefer to sell a suite of products if you say buy all three or three and more.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

They put their products on sale a few time a year. If I can muster enough restraint to NOT purchase an Orbx product on day-1, I'll wait until they have a sale and buy in bulk. I suggest keeping a close watch on the Orbx forum and the FSPilotShop website. Pretty sure FSPilotShop sends email notifications when their products go on sale.

That said, I paid full price for Global, Vector and LC, and have no regrets whatsoever. Go ahead a buy it. Support one of the top devs in the business.

I was seriously thinking about getting my mom to buy it for me to get the 20% discount but then I realized the hassle of talking my mom though an internet purchase was not worth 20% or even 50%. :P

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

They said that there will be an FTX Global bundle when all openLC packs are released, but can you wait until 2015?

Orbx sales when they occur sometimes are for as short as a day so you have to keep a close eye out for them or you might miss them!

Also sometimes you find that they don't reduce prices even during the sales on major products such as Global, Vector and Open LC. I too would agree with BladderBoy and would encourage you to go ahead and purchase - the results are amazing and you won't regret it!

I don't know whether or not you might already have UTX Europe but if you do then you could save yourself a bit of money by not buying FTX Vector. I don't have FTX Vector but use the vector data from UTX (have all the UTX regions) and it all largely seems to work pretty well!

Bill

Mark,

There are sales but not on a regular basis. You'll need to keep an eye open on the Bargains forum here. Some of the Sim stores do run promotions now and again.

As for your Mum, you could always tell her it's an educational tool!!   :wink:

One other thing.... your sig may represent a little wishing thinking don't you think aka expected purchase for 2014.... PMDG 747 v2!!!   :Praying:

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!