Sign in to follow this  
Acetone

Scenes for Outerra

Acetone, that last scenery on the Alps.. where is it exactly? How do i find it? :D

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Well....... he said click on the picture............  ^_^

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Yes, it uses OSM, but also I have private versions which combine several datasets together, e.g. the GB Pro scenery I did for the UK or a Eastern European scenery I'm currently working on. However, the hard part is getting artwork for regionalisation. When W2XP places buildings, it does so by region, e.g. Spanish houses in Spain, UK houses in the UK. Creating the models for X-Plane is really time consuming (especially obtaining legal photographs for textures) and I've found it very difficut to get anyone to help out (even just to go out and get photographs in their local town). So basically, most of the world (Apart from the UK, Germany and Poland) looks the same with generic European models. The projected started out promising with several people willing to help, but people get bored quickly and move on. Unfortunately, W2XP is more or less dead in terms of development due to lack of help :(. There is a large amount of modders/artists working on Outerra (and even other simulations such as Euro Truck Simulator, etc) but sadly nobody wants to team up for X-Plane.

Uh... That's not cool. :(

I'm not a model creator so when Levi started to port your buildings to Outerra, it was pretty much the moment I was able to start working on big things, because before that, the number of buildings avaiable in Outerra was limited. I'm using a combination of different buildings types without really looking at the country it was supposed to be set. The result looks sometimes strange, for example in LFNA old parts of villages/cities are made using polish buildings (red roofs) and local suburbs areas with GB ones, but I'm happy with the result :)

There are not a lot of model creators right now in Outerra, but people are really dedicated to do things evolve. Since many folks are from various parts of the world, it could be possible to gather various base buildings textures. For the Aerokinetics project, Uriah and M7 are working to a specific set of buildings for Florida, so I could be able to populate the area around Cap Canaveral. Here is a screenshot of several buildings in a single block, not textured (it has be done since then) :

sD6XzFO.jpg

Since it's Uriah's project, I can't really tell you if these can be used in your library, but I think it could be a really good idea for you to introduce yourself and the project in the Outerra forum (maybe in the scenery one). I can't really tell you if this is going to work, but I'm ready to help with the little time I have, because your library already helped me a lot in my projects. This also could be a good opportunity for you if you want to talk about OSM integration with Cameni. What I can say, is that we have people from all around the world: EU (west and east), US, Russia, South America,... I'm sure we may at least be able to gather some photographic material :-)

I guess you can't use Outerra because you are using Mac OS, but I'm sure people would be happy to talk with the World2Xplane creator :)

I've always thought it might be a good idea. Outerra has declared an intention to use osm and other datasets but they are small and have limited resources. A lot of the most impressive things available for it, come from enthusiast efforts, like Acetones sceneries, Levies planes, Bombers efforts in enhancing JSBSIM FDM's Uriahs efforts at just about everything, plus other peoples efforts at cars, trucks and boats.......

The list goes on.

Tony I think if you were to introduce yourself there (the Outerra forum) you might find some enthusiasm that would help both Outerra and X-plane. The worst that could happen is not much, which is where you say you are already now.....  :lol:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Fog, clouds, buildings - nice to see the environment filling out. Looking good.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Posting for Acetone: Alps Scenery

First release: v1 - Direct download (86 mb)

The package includes objects created by Levi, KW71, newS and Planets smiley.gif

v1:

• LFNA airfield (complete)
  • Tallard village (complete)
  • Several villages in the surroundings
  • Serre-Ponçon Lake (water mesh only appears at close distance of the location)
  • Early version of the city of Gap
  • Roads, roads everywhere wink.gif

I will be less active on this one for a moment, so I figured out it may be interesting to release this version. It's far from being finished, but there is already a fairly large area to visit smiley.gif

Devons rig

If only the whole Outerra world could look as well, are they working on OSM or have they gone another way?

If only the whole Outerra world could look as well, are they working on OSM or have they gone another way?

They are still speaking of OSM combined with other datasets, but exactly when that might happen is an open question. Right this minute its been a bit quieter than normal, as the developers have been handling some priority requests from their partners at TitanIM, and that takes precedence.

Cameni (developer) has indicated that there are some exciting developments upcoming, however, and we should be hearing more soon.

Devons rig

By the way, to make Outerra even more..... verdant, as far as foliage, there are three ways. First is the terrain quality metrics in the world tab. (Not the best way, because it can be GPU intensive)

The second is the tree rendering range setting in the Tree and grass sub-tab of the world tab. (better)

And finally, for the most dramatic change of all (if your computer can handle it) is in the ENV tab (press ESC to get to that menu) and the FOREST sub tab.

Change the FOREST threshold as much as you dare, and suddenly Outerra becomes tree-worldTm  :lol: 

Experiment and have fun!

Devons rig

screen_1430946254_zpsrbzicnhn.jpg

Devons rig

.. i urgently have to fire up my sims again ... or to be more specific here:

Outerra in particular - ... You people never fail to amaze me!

All of the latest shots above here are just amazing!

Looking all good - very, very, very good in fact!

WOW!

Thank You very much for all this - your - continuous efforts to further enhance the world of/in Outerra!

UPDATE:  :smile: 

Download update version (from 0.6 or 0.7) v0.8 - 98mb

Download full version v0.8 - 449mb

New Rudeboy's buildings and improved airport roads.

64e8c23880136b89030a53e5ba450d0b.jpg

0c57dc449063285a2ca437746de09aeb.jpg

773c938b5e8b2a53dd4e60e79635ef3a.jpg

49112ce52a0932615ebd8dbe9c893d01.jpg

New Outerra Stress test from Acetone:  :smile: 

Hmm... How can I introduce that?

With the release of the new editor, I had something we can call a "binge building session". You need to realize that we can now not only copy and paste buildings, but also clone a selection of buildings and paste it. Most important, the default placement mode in the editor always set buildings to the terrain level, meaning that you can copy and paste a large section of buildings everywhere, and they will always be on the ground.

And of course, I started to test it.
And of course, it went too far...

At some point, my idea was to place buildings in order to see if I can kill my framerate. 

Well, I can't. 

Depending on your configuration, this scene may be too heavy to keep a smooth framerate, but for those with a decent GPU, you will only experience a lag when the tiles are loaded. I added a few roads and an airport to improve the whole thing, but it's not a real scenery, just a playground.

I thought that some of you may want to have fun with it, and see what Outerra has in the guts:

Download Chaos City  v1 - 87mb - otx installer

u0Rb067.jpg
btSohrL.jpg

I need to repeat, the amount of objects here is insane. And if you want to experience it full size, set min_obj_size to 1.0 in your eng.cfg. 

Campos are included, this is close to one of the default scenery locations too, by the way.

Devons rig