Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

GTN 750 is excellent (mini review)

Both the B55 and C310 are compatible!

Yeah, I know Todd - look back up the thread, I was the first to mention C310 compatibility :smile:

At present, I only have the GTN 650 in the Carenado F33A. However, I plan to acquire the 750 when RealAir makes their mods available. Question is :

How does the 750 compare with the 650, excluding the obvious difference in size?

The 750 is way nicer to operate.. you get a full keyboard and can see more options at a time..  if it fits in the panel, I would choose the 750 any time B)

Bert

The 750 native size is about 3-4 times the height of the 650

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The 750 is way nicer to operate.. you get a full keyboard and can see more options at a time..  if it fits in the panel, I would choose the 750 any time B)

Definitely agree! ..... much nicer / easier for the touch screen too.

The best feature of the GTNs in my opinion?  (real world and simulated), the 'auto zooming' ..... I just love it! .... Your GPS map zooms in and out automatically to optimize the view;  eg... on departure it's zoomed in quite close, as you go enroute, it zooms out.  As you approach your destination fixes, it zooms back in etc.  B)

Here is my GTN750 which I custom fitted in to the Milviz C310R.  (Shown here at FlyTampa Buffalo, as I'm about to depart for a short flight to Rochester).      It's a dream to fly this aircraft, with this kit in it. :smile:

122.jpg

250.jpg

I've also got the Ants Aircraft Tecnam fitted out too, and the Eaglesoft Liberty.    All working fantastically.

Cheers.

Haha I disabled auto zoom I hate that feature.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yeah, I know Todd - look back up the thread, I was the first to mention C310 compatibility :smile:

Oops. I was too lazy to go back and look.  80P   

Oops. I was too lazy to go back and look.  80P

Heh heh, at least you're an honest fella!   :lol: 

I should note that my panel fit of the GTN750 in the Milviz C310R above is a "home made job".   They do sell a model/panel upgrade for the GTN750 (and 650) for $9.99 which is probably worth getting, as you then get 3D knobs etc.    (I do prefer my autopilot though  :P ).

I bought the same deal ($9.99) for the B55 yesterday - beautiful fit.  (couldn't get my own custom job in to the B55!).

The GTN750 is a real game changer.

Haha I disabled auto zoom I hate that feature.

Ryan - ha ha, each to their own!

The 750 native size is about 3-4 times the height of the 650

That would make the GTN750 about 9 - 12 inch tall. It is large, but not quite that large, Ryan. Here are some comparison pics taken from the Avsim review of the GTN units. An updated P3Dv2 Avsim review of the GTN units is in work for those folks that don't have FSX.

http://forum.avsim.net/page/index.html/_/reviews/review-gtn-650-750-avionics-r2357

Regards,

Ray

Compare1_zps1f92d871.jpg

Compare2_zps86feb512.jpg

Compare3_zpsb27f3ef9.jpg

compare4_zps91db1e0e.jpg

compare5_zps24f6a34c.jpg

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Looks about 3x to me could be my eyes though!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Looks about 3x to me could be my eyes though!

Yep, just a little short of 3 inches. 2.64 inches to be exact. Lemme see now, 2.64 x 3 = 7.9 inches 2.64 x 4 = 10.6 inches Actual height of the 750 is 6 inches. Soooo about 2.27 times the height of a 650 would be right. 3x is close but not 4x. Slow morning here.

Ray

compare6_zpsd16b2fff.jpg

At present, I only have the GTN 650 in the Carenado F33A. However, I plan to acquire the 750 when RealAir makes their mods available. Question is :

How does the 750 compare with the 650, excluding the obvious difference in size?

Another huge difference is the 750 has the built-in FliteCharts and the smaller 650 does not, just like the real world versions.

Ray

compare7.JPG

Ray, very excellent summary.

I'm eager to see more people convinced as to the usefulness of these gauges, since then there'll be more incentive for more devs to incorporate them natively in their planes.  :lol: 

Also, the new update for the Lear 24B has a flat panel option which works nicely to install a 2d version of whatever gauge one wishes, including a (smaller) 750 or a 650...

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Just wondering here guys, if you buy the FSX version is there a discount for the P3D version.

I still like my RXP430 for real world practice.

I still fly and enjoy the Eaglesoft Citation 2. FPS is great going into areas that can suck down your fps. Should Eaglesoft sometime in the future provide panel integration (not as a freebie) I would buy. This would provide a new life for this aircraft.  

I'd love to see them produce a new citation2 with the GTN as part of the panel....I would definitely buy.

Dave

I still fly and enjoy the Eaglesoft Citation 2. FPS is great going into areas that can suck down your fps. Should Eaglesoft sometime in the future provide panel integration (not as a freebie) I would buy. This would provide a new life for this aircraft.  

I'd love to see them produce a new citation2 with the GTN as part of the panel....I would definitely buy.

Dave

Ray, very excellent summary.

I'm eager to see more people convinced as to the usefulness of these gauges, since then there'll be more incentive for more devs to incorporate them natively in their planes. :lol:

Also, the new update for the Lear 24B has a flat panel option which works nicely to install a 2d version of whatever gauge one wishes, including a (smaller) 750 or a 650...

Jim,

Actually the new v1.1 Lear 24B supports a squeezed 750 in 3d in the VC. I requested and suggested a way to make it full size but it looks like that is not going to happen. There exists the natural conflict of adding a modern gauge to a vintage aircraft. There are the purists and there are us, I suppose. The purists have the keys though. ha.

If I bought an old real world Lear 24, one of the first things I would do it have it upgraded so I could fly it around the country and show it off. I don't think it would be possible without a boat load of new avionics that meet the FAA standards for FL450.

But, heck, just the addition of the GPS into the VC is a leap forward and I am glad to see that feature added in v1.1.

I have the same thoughts about widespread acceptance and 3rd party developer support for these new gauges in their VC panels as you.

I encourage the developers to at least talk to the F1 team and explore the potential for massive improvements.

Ray