Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for FSX/P3D

Started using this tool a couple of days ago, and while it appeared to work, I now notice I can't see AI airplanes at airports.  I know they're there because I hear Radar Contract interactions and FS Flight Keeper map shows AI occupying the gates, but I can't see them visually.  Any clues?  I'm using version 1.9.1.1.  Preserve Airport Traffic is checked.  

Regards

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Disregard my posting above.  Silly me, realized that I had turned on aircraft cast own shadows in order to take a photo.  That's why I couldn't see the AI aircraft.  Hope all have a great, safe, healthy, and prosperous new 2016.  

Regards

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

Hello,

I tried the latest version on my Win 10 and P3d V3.1 and when I select the .exe I receive an error popup with a long list starting with

"System.invalidOperation: an error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for Details. The error is : could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.FlightSimulator.Simconnect, version=10.061242.0, cultute=neutral,......"

Hope it helps.

Thanks in advance

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

I get the same error.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

How many aircrafts do you put on the target count?

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Does P3D v3 come with SimConnect clients for older versions?

Yes, they are located in the folder:

G:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface

How many aircrafts do you put o target count?

It really depends on the strength of your hardware and geographic location of  the user aircraft. Start at an large international airport in a major metropolitan area. Set the number of aircraft at 200 and work your way downwards by increments of 25. At some point you will see no further improvement in frame rate. In rural forested areas, there may not be enough AI aircraft within the user's "reality bubble" to see any difference in frame rates when changing the maximum number of aircraft.

Keep in mind that there is also the interplay between the percent of maximum AI air traffic as set in the sim and the number of aircraft within the reality bubble.

This tool is awesome.

Gave it a try (using legacy simconnect worked like a charm with steam edition) and finally for the first time my airports look alive.

I'm using WoAI with planes set to 75 (0 boats), traffic to 50%  and I get same fps as before with traffic set to 20%.

Brilliant!

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Many thanks for this tool! It took a long way from 2006 to end of 2015 when I startet to use this tool. No FPS impact in cause of AI anymore. Keep on the good work!

Why? Does this option turn off aircraft?

In my case it does.  I'm using WOAI models in FSX.  These are FS9 models.  

dv

I have a way to save the flight plan has Russian letters. Your program can not read the flight plan where there are non-English letters in the title. Example D:\Users\Мои документы\Файлы Flight Simulator X. You can fix this?